XPO | PTO / Vacation time - Is the process fair ?

Dude-pwb, it never made it past the federal government... they shut the door on pulling our vacation. Conway spent an estimated 2 million dollars fighting it. They lost.... and rightfully so. I really do feel for our american brothers on this issue....

I don't know the whole story, but I do know someone took it to the Canada Labour Board, and the fight didn't last long. They were basically told they could indeed implement their new vacation policy, but they still had to give us our vacation from the previous year as well. For the guys with 6+ years, that would be 6 weeks vacation in the same year.

I know my SCM mentioned it to me one day, and I basically told him 'when pigs fly' and that was the last I really heard anything about it.

And as for our American brethren on this issue, I wish you guys had a labor code like ours. If there was any way i could back you guys up on that issue alone, I would be there in a heartbeat.

how can some states have different FMLA rules when it is a Federal Law? they may have state family leave that superseeds the /feds but they have to at least follow the feds

Check your state FMLA laws in reference to the fed laws .. some states allow more days for some circumstances.