XPO | PTO / Vacation time - Is the process fair ?

That driver is only "negative" because he had up to six weeks of vacation time stolen from him.

Wrong, they are in the negative because they kept taking time off. I was one who had my vacation time "stolen" and I wasn't in the negative. Example-driver has no time whatsoever, in the hole for 80 plus hrs and yet got off for Christmas week. So now he's in the hole for another 24 hours. Another driver right under him, who had plenty of hours wanted off and couldn't . So no its not fair if the senior driver has negative hours and still gets to take off. Keeps building that damn negative hole and yet gets rewarded. It shouldn't take 6 more years for them to NOT GET TIME OFF until they have their hours.

We should go back to 5 pto days and the rest is vacation. When we had just 5 pto days, you could call in 5 times a years, no questions asked, no harm no foul. If you called in more than that, then the discipline would begin. Personally, I don't have a problem for getting points for being late. If you are late to work 12 times a year=6 points, you need to go work somewhere else.

That driver is only "negative" because he had up to six weeks of vacation time stolen from him.

Wrong, they are in the negative because they kept taking time off. I was one who had my vacation time "stolen" and I wasn't in the negative. Example-driver has no time whatsoever, in the hole for 80 plus hrs and yet got off for Christmas week. So now he's in the hole for another 24 hours. Another driver right under him, who had plenty of hours wanted off and couldn't . So no its not fair if the senior driver has negative hours and still gets to take off. Keeps building that damn negative hole and yet gets rewarded. It shouldn't take 6 more years for them to NOT GET TIME OFF until they have their hours.

That's the policy, like it or not. Senior drivers pick first, and everyone can go negative until they've had time to build up some time.

It may not seem "fair" to junior men, but taking away what was earned didn't seem "fair" either.

And if those guys who are negative 80 were to ever lose their jobs, then they're going to take it out of your next two paychecks..now, your really in trouble. I keep atlest 80 positive, in case something like that ever happens to me. I have a bit to fall back on, plus I won't have any to "pay back"

We should go back to 5 pto days and the rest is vacation. When we had just 5 pto days, you could call in 5 times a years, no questions asked, no harm no foul. If you called in more than that, then the discipline would begin. Personally, I don't have a problem for getting points for being late. If you are late to work 12 times a year=6 points, you need to go work somewhere else.
:6788:......

It doesn't matter what the policy is not everyone is gonna be happy,the farther down the board you go the more crying you hear,just remember we were all at the bottom at one time.I love it when guy's take a policy turn it and twist it to try and make it fit their own agenda.HAPPY NEW YEAR

It is by seniority with the initial requests, but then first come after that

all rounds are by service rank. 1st round up to 2 weeks, 2nd round up to 2 more weeks, both rounds being full weeks only, 3rd round any fuul weeks left and single days.

It doesn't matter what the policy is not everyone is gonna be happy,the farther down the board you go the more crying you hear,just remember we were all at the bottom at one time.I love it when guy's take a policy turn it and twist it to try and make it fit their own agenda.HAPPY NEW YEAR
Everybody on every run has their own agenda, whether they admit it or not. Some guy's want to get home as quick as they can, some guy's want to stay on the dock, some want to run the via's, ect, ect.....BUT the guys that want to stay on that dock just to make as much as they can, shouldn't conplain if they let other guys leave....can't have it both ways. Just do you own thing and try not to worry about everybody else, goes for me too. Bottom line is everybody cuts their own deals, thats how I have come to see it.:coffee1:

"all rounds are by service rank. 1st round up to 2 weeks, 2nd round up to 2 more weeks, both rounds being full weeks only, 3rd round any fuul weeks left and single days."

Does that mean there is a policy in place that only allows drivers to book 2 weeks of vacation at a time? no senior most driver booking a whole month over the summer?

They told us this year they are only bidding 1 round of single days(5 day's) then it's first come first serve. Used to be 3 rounds of single days

"all rounds are by service rank. 1st round up to 2 weeks, 2nd round up to 2 more weeks, both rounds being full weeks only, 3rd round any fuul weeks left and single days."

Does that mean there is a policy in place that only allows drivers to book 2 weeks of vacation at a time? no senior most driver booking a whole month over the summer?

That's correct, if your sc is letting more than 2 weeks at a time contact HR. tha scm knows better.

well first round is what ever weeks you want as long as they are in 5 day blocks... (IE ...if you have 6 weeks and want to pick all six weeks first round they you can if the week is not closed out already) second roound is for one day off at a time!!!! how much more simple do you guys want it?

how can some states have different FMLA rules when it is a Federal Law? they may have state family leave that superseeds the /feds but they have to at least follow the feds
Fed, Superseeds states, states can add on top I think that is what you said, right after I started writing this.....:coffee1:

well first round is what ever weeks you want as long as they are in 5 day blocks... (IE ...if you have 6 weeks and want to pick all six weeks first round they you can if the week is not closed out already) second roound is for one day off at a time!!!! how much more simple do you guys want it?

Some guys want it so that some of the senior guys can't take time off in the summer so that they can take more time off in the summer instead. This argument comes around every year. Junior guys don't like the policy because they don't get to pick their vacation time as easily. We were all at the bottom once, and all had to put our time in to get the perks of being able to pick earlier.

Every year around this time, the senior/junior vacation argument comes up.

If they would have alway's stayed with seniority first, then it would have alway's been fair. Always, because nobody would get screwed, someday the bottom guy will be the senior guy but when you strart switching things in the middle of peoples career's, BS.....

They normally change things because people are unhappy with the current policy, and they tried to make it as fair as they could, however, you can never please everyone.

The change to the way they accrue your vacations was the bigger crime. I don't care what anyone says, you guys got hosed in that deal. I'm surprised someone didn't challenge it with the department of labor, or even in court, you would have won hands down.

It was insignificant to any new hires, but to the guys with time in, it was a plain outright drubbing. They tried to do the same thing in Canuckistan at the same time but someone went to the labor board and the engine died before they even released the brakes.

Dude-pwb, it never made it past the federal government... they shut the door on pulling our vacation. Conway spent an estimated 2 million dollars fighting it. They lost.... and rightfully so. I really do feel for our american brothers on this issue....

Dude-pwb, it never made it past the federal government... they shut the door on pulling our vacation. Conway spent an estimated 2 million dollars fighting it. They lost.... and rightfully so. I really do feel for our american brothers on this issue....
Spent 2 million???, I thought we were basically broke and just gettin by...:Violin: