XPO | Pulling a 28 Footer?

I've always thought that the first sign of a company in trouble is when the equipment is aging and nothing is done about it.

I've always thought that the first sign of a company in trouble is when the equipment is aging and nothing is done about it.

Goes in cycles.. XBO has all 05's and 06's.. XAY has all 04-07's. We had all new rides in 01. Look at the #'s.. Conway is not in trouble. We are still making money. Not sure where LTA is but up here it just runs in 4 or 5 year cycles. I find it hard to believe they never get a new truck. We will have a new fleet this summer. I run an old one to run up miles(280 on day's) to get rid of it. Sounds like more sour grapes to me...

New trucks? My yard has 5 '06, 5 '05, 1 '04,
1 '02, 5 '01, 1 '00, 5 '99, 1 '98, 3 '96, 5 '95.....we still do linehaul with '95 power with over 1.5 million miles on them, they come back on a hook more times then under their own power. amost 65% of our line power has a million miles on it.

No tractor last names! Unless you guys don't mind being pin pointed by the Crystal Palace (432 or 478 is probably better or PM)
It's probably too late to change it now.

No tractor last names! Unless you guys don't mind being pin pointed by the Crystal Palace (432 or 478 is probably better or PM)

YEAH!!!

Use license plate numbers.​

I'm not real worried about it. I take my mothers advice and if I don't have something nice to say I don't say it at all.:hysterical: I havn't said anything here I wouldn't say to the TM.

I'm not real worried about it. I take my mothers advice and if I don't have something nice to say I don't say it at all.:hysterical: I havn't said anything here I wouldn't say to the TM.
im going to give you a piece of advice. you may choose to take it, you may not. i have been at conway for ten years. you dont want anyone at xgo to know who you are on this board. i can tell you from experience, they read it. my advice, is edit your posts. take out your personal information- terminal, equipment numbers, routes.... press on. otherwise someone from xgo will be in touch with your tm real soon. if they havent already been.

Nope, it's NOT sour grapes but the ABSOLUTE TRUTH. They haven't gotten a brand new truck right off the show room floor, you might say, since 1997, so I stand corrected on the "never" part. The "new" trucks since then have been at least 2 years old or older. I have no reason to lie.

I just asked and was told that the NEWEST truck on the lot is a 2004. And this is 2008. This is the reason I thought Con-Way was in trouble since no new trucks have been brought to this terminal. If you check any of my posts, I don't post anything as sour grapes.

Goes in cycles.. XBO has all 05's and 06's.. XAY has all 04-07's. We had all new rides in 01. Look at the #'s.. Conway is not in trouble. We are still making money. Not sure where LTA is but up here it just runs in 4 or 5 year cycles. I find it hard to believe they never get a new truck. We will have a new fleet this summer. I run an old one to run up miles(280 on day's) to get rid of it. Sounds like more sour grapes to me...

lets reverse this does a big trucker not know how to drive in the snow?

In the snow it is nice to pull what you are used to. Had a pup for the 2nd or 3rd time in over a year. I'll take the van in the snow any day. ABS are huge. Like I said though it is just nice to pull the same thing.