FedEx Freight | Raise

I hate it people who say "if you don't like go somewhere else". Let me tell you and all of the other people who say that something. I like many other drivers have been around here for a long time (25 plus years). We have earned the right to express our opinions about raises, benefits or anything else we want to talk about.We have worked our butts off, spent countless hours away from home to help this company become what it is today. We can say what we want and if you don't like it find another place where you and the rest of your spineless buddies can talk about how great this slap in the face raise is. Starting January 1 I'll be bringing home less money than I make now. How is that a good raise? my health insurance is going up but my benefits are coming down, the great pension that I'll receive when I retired won't be so great because I haven't gotten a 2% raise in 5 years. I'm not going anywhere, Im staying right here and if I won't to complain I will....you leave.
YEAH, WHAT HE SAID

Guess the truck rodeo will never be the same with robotic trucks lol

Scott W. is the first generation autonomous driver! ;-)

Remember when the IBM supercomputer beat the chess master?

I quit playing chess when I realized I couldn’t beat a shareware chess program on a Tandy. It took all the fun out of it...

A big part of the enjoyable challenge to driving is human interaction.

Is hacking an option? I'm asking for a friend.
Trucking Industry Has Become a Top Target of Ransomware Attacks

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/trucking-industry-has-become-top-target-ransomware-attacks

"Transportation is now one of the most cyberattacked industries in the United States, which puts trucking in the crosshairs of hackers, a panel of cybersecurity experts said here during American Trucking Associations' Management Conference & Exhibition on Oct. 6."

Scott W. is the first generation autonomous driver! ;-)

Remember when the IBM supercomputer beat the chess master?

I quit playing chess when I realized I couldn’t beat a shareware chess program on a Tandy. It took all the fun out of it...

A big part of the enjoyable challenge to driving is human interaction.

I've never had any computer beat me playing chess.

Not buying it Breeze. Chess is essentially a strategic game revolving around math. And I heard you thought 2+2=5 and I know a computer software package is smarter than that. You’re getting your ass kicked and are just to embarrassed to admit it.:lmao:

Honest injun, never had a computer beat me, come to think of it, I've never played chess, wouldn't know how to begin.
Been too busy trying to figure why some folks think "pie are square"
I'm sure Train knows cornbread are square, pie are round.

Honest injun, never had a computer beat me, come to think of it, I've never played chess, wouldn't know how to begin.
Been too busy trying to figure why some folks think "pie are square"
I'm sure Train knows cornbread are square, pie are round.
Yep!

kAohD1z.jpg

Amazing this thread isn’t at the top of the page. They new the blow back would be minimal and the non raise issue would go away.
Yep I agree.....
But they seem to underestimate the "cost" of the decline in enthusiasm.

While the powers that be may currently be fat and happy, in terms of being fully staffed, they overlook the crucial metric. Driver engagement, (like trust) is tough and costly to regain, once lost.

They took a calculated risk, IMHO. Counting on most not being aware that this is among the smallest raises, combined with one of the deepest cuts in the insurance benefit. All while profitability skyrockets to record levels.

Worth mentioning: While we might currently be fully staffed on drivers, the list of openings for technicians (mechanics) is through the roof. 60 or 70 new listings, not counting old unfilled positions. Pay rates and our flawed GPD might make those positions hard to fill.