FedEx Freight | Raise

Your video referenced on an individual level. I’m still not sold on 3 out of 4 breaking at $81k barrier. :shrug:

HOWEVER, What this does tell me is that road drivers have zero to bitch about because they make dang good money compared the the average citizen. :-)

It's not hard to break that barrier. It just takes some focus and dedication. Who's responsible for somebody breaking what barrier?

Where I come from, people don't want to make more money because they don't want to lose their footstamps and Medicaid. They also believe that the government has conspired to oppress them.

Point out any blue city and I'm willing to bet it has the largest wage gaps in the country. Reason being, they give handouts and never teach anyone how to fish.

It's not hard to be a road driver. All you have to do is maintain a clean driving record and not use drugs. Fedex will pay you to get your CDL. In fact a bunch of companies will. Not only that, companies are willing to pay for a person to go to trade school in exchange for work. Mechanics, welders etc. The only thing stopping people from being prosperous is themselves.

It's not hard to break that barrier. It just takes some focus and dedication. Who's responsible for somebody breaking what barrier?

Where I come from, people don't want to make more money because they don't want to lose their footstamps and Medicaid. They also believe that the government has conspired to oppress them.

Point out any blue city and I'm willing to bet it has the largest wage gaps in the country. Reason being, they give handouts and never teach anyone how to fish.

It's not hard to be a road driver. All you have to do is maintain a clean driving record and not use drugs. Fedex will pay you to get your CDL. In fact a bunch of companies will. Not only that, companies are willing to pay for a person to go to trade school in exchange for work. Mechanics, welders etc. The only thing stopping people from being prosperous is themselves.
There are a lot of kids that dont know about these options.

I deliver to people all day that have no idea what truck drivers make or how to become one. I love that "blue city" problems are an issue. Look at all these red states taking in more federal dollars than they dish out.

Your video referenced on an individual level. I’m still not sold on 3 out of 4 breaking at $81k barrier. :shrug:

HOWEVER, What this does tell me is that road drivers have zero to bitch about because they make dang good money compared the the average citizen. :-)

Finally, something we can reasonable discuss?
Fair(ish) point. He spoke of 3 out of 4 who start poor, breaking into that top 20% AT SOME POINT in their life. Didn't say they stayed there. That was addressing the topic of (Real) income mobility. Most do move up to a higher quintile.

In my opinion, those that remain at the bottom do so BECAUSE of Gov. programs that deter people from climbing up, lest they lose one or more benefits. SO they stay (comfortably) put.

On road driver earnings. Yes the earnings are generally very good, but rarely does anyone speak to the time sacrificed to make such a wage. Kudos to those that have mentioned it. Same for most any position in this industry. City & Road both make less than the top 20% IF They only work the national average hours. Leadership (below CCM level) doesn't even have a chance...

Also worth mentioning, All road positions are not created equal. Some are very lucrative, while others are at the other end of the spectrum. Most? somewhere in the middle.

The key takeaway? In the U.S.A. we have freedom to make choices, take risks (or not), work harder (or not). Everyone's result will vary, as it should. Those results are generally directly related to the effort (sacrifices) made.

Last edited:
There are a lot of kids that dont know about these options.

I deliver to people all day that have no idea what truck drivers make or how to become one. I love that "blue city" problems are an issue. Look at all these red states taking in more federal dollars than they dish out.

Never said "blue cities" are the problem, but when somebody is constantly saying "remember that on election day", I have to point out the issues there are a lot worse.

As for kids not knowing about those options, we're not talking about kids. We're talking about adults making 10 dollars an hour saying it should be 20 because they're struggling. And if you can a useless degree like a bachelor's in English literature, you can do some research into what fields are more lucrative and what's a waste of time.

Never said "blue cities" are the problem, but when somebody is constantly saying "remember that on election day", I have to point out the issues there are a lot worse.

As for kids not knowing about those options, we're not talking about kids. We're talking about adults making 10 dollars an hour saying it should be 20 because they're struggling. And if you can a useless degree like a bachelor's in English literature, you can do some research into what fields are more lucrative and what's a waste of time.
Most people i deliver to arent making $20hr.

Most people i deliver to arent making $20hr.

You're missing my point here. A lot of people complaining about wages work jobs that were meant for high school kids learning responsibility.

The other folks feel they're above blue collar work for some reason or another.

Since you brought it up, should the people you deliver to be making 20 dollars an hour? Is there a demand that justifies that rate of pay or they can be replaced by anybody off of the street? People shouldn't get paid a wage because they want it. It should be deserved. Too many participation trophies have made people think they're owed something. Make something happen for yourself. That's the beautiful thing about this country. Go earn your keep.

The Iceberg of ignorance: (Why they do what they do)

Picture worth a thousand words...

eIJQ1sdmIaPgaY8tLD-C3zC0FjSnwq5EItrX0dYECzhgdi8zlUB2mMtTdp5ofjxR76VTSgaFIW8_GYOG8RQgbYs_tHC3tI5-L7spOv5tf7RnS30p1Jxu44sVKIa8BF_1aLeb-QvRk1kVlxhhlLmR6SM7RzLfFKIOi3Ye=s0-d-e1-ft