XPO | Re-Brand

The rumor has it that no rebranding is necessary as Conway board of directors are going to take it all back, when the other divisions are sold off and Brad has what he wanted in the first place. :hide:

Just curious........how often do you think XPO should give out raises? (Since an annual raise is normal in the LTL industry.)
The "raise" we received was announced in October of 2014. It was billed as an adjustment to simplify our multiple pay scales across the country. This may very well have been true. But these "adjustments" also coincided with union rumblings and general unrest throughout the company at the time.

Sooooo , in October 2014 , raises were announced and in my opinion had the impact of quieting things down ( without paying a dime ) and by being at the beginning of this year , eliminated our usual "will they give us a raise or not" time of year later on in the year.

At this point , a lot of us would find just as much , if not more value in an improvement in our benefits versus our pay. Vacation time. Tuition reimbursement. Health care. Retirement. You get the idea.

I don't have an expectation of any timetable , Northern Flash. Just better communication and explanations of how and why decisions are made that influence all of us who are employed here.

I would expect XPO to give raises near the first of the year, since that seems to be typical in the LTL industry. Not necessarily because it's the first of the year, but because that would be annually for XPO/Conway. I always like a good debate over which is more important to most employees..........wages or benefits?
Might be a good topic to start a thread on.
:popcorn:

I would expect XPO to give raises near the first of the year, since that seems to be typical in the LTL industry. Not necessarily because it's the first of the year, but because that would be annually for XPO/Conway. I always like a good debate over which is more important to most employees..........wages or benefits?
Might be a good topic to start a thread on.
:popcorn:
I won't start that thread maybe someone else will. They usually seem to pop up if you just wait for it.......wait for it....... wait for it.....BAMM! Anyway , here are a few previous ones ( and I DID start one of these! ) http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/raise.68202/
http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/raise.56528/
http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/which-pay-raise-category-did-you-fall-under.48541/
http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/do-you-think-we-will-get-a-raise-this-year-should-we.5080/

Here's a sample of the dialogue over the past few years.

Wow. That was some old stuff. 2011? Mostly wage conversations. Some people want more money, others want more in a benefits packages. It's always a good conversation to see how people look at things.

America freight re-branded real fast

Dude, for the record, it took American Freightways/Viking/Watkins almost 2 full years each to rebrand. Watkins was the quickest because they owned the least amount of equipment, though I will say that some of the old FedEx Freight National longvans still don't have "freight" on them 6+ years later.

I've always said that a nice looking uniform or a shiny wheeled truck doesn't pay my bills. And typically, the shinier the wheels, the lower the pay.
But to each their own.
:coffee1:

Driver, clearly you don't understand the importance of shiny wheels. Who cares how much money you make! As long as you have shiny wheels and lots of ponies under the hood! Add in a mega radio and you're rooster cruisin'!

I work as a call center emp for a much smaller LTL in the southeast and have spoken to many XPO drivers exploring their options recently. Some say dock workers and drivers are getting laid off at their barns and they are looking for some opportunities should they be next in line. What other options are there out there to tell these people to look into when no other LTL jobs are open near them at present? I tell them mail contractors, tanker jobs with gas, diesel, LPG deliveries, local equipment rental places, Air freight, pneumatic trailers hauling sand,fly ash etc. Can you name some others to tell them where they could look?

Noticed a road tractor lastnight at the re-ship that had the Conway name and the blue stripes removed from the drivers side and also the air damn on top had the Conway removed, strange part was the passenger side door was business as usual.

Noticed a road tractor lastnight at the re-ship that had the Conway name and the blue stripes removed from the drivers side and also the air damn on top had the Conway removed, strange part was the passenger side door was business as usual.
We had a Canadian tractor in our shop a couple weeks ago with no con-way name on the side. The mechanics were cutting xpo logistics stickers to put on the doors. Only temporary.

The rumor has it that no rebranding is necessary as Conway board of directors are going to take it all back, when the other divisions are sold off and Brad has what he wanted in the first place. :hide:
I heard a rumor today that all equipment rebranding was put on hold...to save costs. Take it and run w/ it or not...it's what I heard.

Reactions: ESP
We had a Canadian tractor in our shop a couple weeks ago with no con-way name on the side. The mechanics were cutting xpo logistics stickers to put on the doors. Only temporary.
Yeah.. They covered over stuff that needs to be seen!