XPO | Retirement Plan

And XPO saves money by giving you a garbage health care plan (with high deductibles) that YOU help pay for, not to mention the 401k plan which they contribute pennies to (by comparison to an actual pension plan) which you ALSO help pay for with weekly...DEDUCTIONS...from your paycheck. Isn’t it funny that not long after your raises (which aren’t guaranteed) take effect...magically...a healthcare premium increase shows up? Not to mention they can fire your ass for no reason and you have zero recourse.
Do you work here or somewhere else?

I'll retire whenever I want with plenty of money for retirement with my investments, thanks for being concerned about me but I can take care of myself without relying upon a pension that may or may not be there
Do you think just because the are getting a good pension they can't have a 401k, stock's, rental properties ect.?

Not really, I know I'm just a old dumb truck driver that doesn't see life like you see it and apparently you are never wrong, does that make you feel better about yourself?
Take the old part out & change the second part with i have to get the last word in....

Really? con job and fredex couldn't put them out with their 90 for 90 discount so what makes you think they won't survive?
What makes you think they can survive? Even their own employees think it's a matter of time before they close the doors, if you don't believe me take a look at their threads here on TB

What makes you think they can survive? Even their own employees think it's a matter of time before they close the doors, if you don't believe me take a look at their threads here on TB
Back in 2007 all the analyst and self important reporters said YRC wouldn't make another year, then con job and fredex put up their 90/90 discount, guess what , YRC is still here and the banks love it, the are charging credit card interest on long term debt, the banks aren't giving that up.

Back in 2007 all the analyst and self important reporters said YRC wouldn't make another year, then con job and fredex put up their 90/90 discount, guess what , YRC is still here and the banks love it, the are charging credit card interest on long term debt, the banks aren't giving that up.
You could be right, maybe the 15 percent pay cut and benefits is enough to keep YRC afloat all these years.

I started at Conway in ‘09 under the pretense that YRC was about to go under. They hired probably six guys at that terminal in 4 months. YRC didn’t go under, so it was a long fall/winter/spring for me sitting at home and maybe...MAYBE...working a day or two a week.