XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

I heard we have a new contract with Lowes. So many people are ordering appliances through the internet that the installers can't carry them all in their vans. So we will be delivering all these things to homes.

Dolly carts and liftgates for everyone !!!!

I heard we have a new contract with Lowes. So many people are ordering appliances through the internet that the installers can't carry them all in their vans. So we will be delivering all these things to homes.

I heard we took on a new contract with Kroger to do the home deliveries. You know how you can order on line and come to the store and pick it up ? They are gonna skid up peoples orders and then ship it with us to deliver to homes like U-line.
Looks like I be bidding LH again this year

Probably the last mile division

ucUjbxU.jpg

Why the mini pup? Doesn’t Fedex Freight have enough liftgate straight jobs that will take care of all their liftgate deliveries?
It looks like a forklift would have a hard time getting on one of those. ( if we're talking about the kite )

If the point of a mini-pup is to have a less tall trailer for fewer clearance issues , wouldn't there have to be tractors that are low profile too?

It looks like a forklift would have a hard time getting on one of those. ( if we're talking about the kite )

If the point of a mini-pup is to have a less tall trailer for fewer clearance issues , wouldn't there have to be tractors that are low profile too?
Um yes we are talking about the kite lol

I heard we took on a new contract with Kroger to do the home deliveries. You know how you can order on line and come to the store and pick it up ? They are gonna skid up peoples orders and then ship it with us to deliver to homes like U-line.
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and speculate that it won’t last. Why?...with xpo’s premium rates, the piling on of additional accessorial charges: residential delivery, and lift gates services, there’s no way this will last. The freight bill will be higher than the cost of the freight itself. Kinda like the other day when I looked at buying an m/t 55 gal drum from Uline. $70 for the drum and $125 to get it delivered to my house. No thank you.

You don't need to spend the extra on home delivery, just request dock pick-up. Then borrow the fork lift and set it up on the roof and borrow a half dozen bright red new straps, secure it down real pretty looking, oh and just for fun, put a Jolly Roger inhalation haz. placard on it, as well as a hazardous waste sticker from OS&D and head on home. See how far you can get, before getting pulled over by a curious officer, then just explain your conducting an alertness test experiment...you could really have fun with it..