Yellow | Rumors of layoffs?

We have a combination city board at 326. Was told layoffs for box trucks first. Then non CDL dock hired after 4/1/19. Then back to the bottom in seniority order.

Layoffs so the company does not have to pay out Holliday pay.
Happy Thanksgiving
Merry Christmas
Happy New Year
I believe their term or synergy is Right sizing the work force..
Going to make A call board at 135. They told the company a majority of these guys are not going on call. They have been on bid and we're hired here told they would have a bid. Company man just shrugged is shoulders.So now if they are doing this to get rid of drivers where is the Secretary of Transportation at Now! You gave money for trucks and driving schools. And now that the check cashed you can go back to screwing your employees!!!! Nice

To top it all off, the company just canceled our day after Thanksgiving holiday, everyone is working. Lol, takes a lot of brains to work everyone when a handful of businesses are open. This whole change is a joke.
It's too bad, what an embarrassment.
Idk ‍♂️ seems to only be a few. A lot of line runs are cancelled because no one wants to work. You know because it’s the day after the holiday. Maybe some of the older union guys can clarify. My understanding is if you work the holiday or the day after Thanksgiving. You get paid your hourly wage you get paid that holiday pay and if you’re at eight hours or less, you get an additional 16 hours. If you go over the Eight hours it’s one and a half times so only 12 hours. Is this correct?

Idk ‍♂️ seems to only be a few. A lot of line runs are cancelled because no one wants to work. You know because it’s the day after the holiday. Maybe some of the older union guys can clarify. My understanding is if you work the holiday or the day after Thanksgiving. You get paid your hourly wage you get paid that holiday pay and if you’re at eight hours or less, you get an additional 16 hours. If you go over the Eight hours it’s one and a half times so only 12 hours. Is this correct?
Work a holiday = triple time.
I turned down around $78 an hour so I can go to the state high school football championships.

Work a holiday = triple time.
I turned down around $78 an hour so I can go to the state high school football championships.
How does that work for line drivers on a bridge run going home ? We get a mini 8 and then 3 times the holiday pay ? Thank you sir

being Told the company is telling the locals if a plus terminal doesn’t get the amount of men their looking for to follow work to a plus terminal that they will hire from outside and not allowed laid off employees to follow the work. My terminal is a plus 1 and they laid off 8, We are not allowed to follow work going to a terminal 9 miles away.

I know several locals are refusing to sign off on the COO proposal
because of this. The International needs to back those locals as long as Union members are laid off there should be no hiring from outside.

And to the company, SMARTEN UP if you have guys within the immediate area of a gaining terminal allow them them to follow the work it makes better employees !

Where is 326 ? And when you say box trucks first, do you mean non CDL drivers ?
Non cdl box trucks here in Kansas City. They never really “caught on” here as we already had two cdl straight trucks. Plus our steward held their feet to the fire on the restrictions regarding maximum of 500 lbs / 1 piece per shipment.

The big time capitalist Execs....seem to want the government to pick up the slack.

It's not their responsibility to pick up the economy by keeping money and work in people's hands....they must want government to do it.

On one hand they say...less government....on the other they shove everything they possibly can on the government.

The ATA should be saying..."this is a capitalist society and WE will keep it moving".

Instead they want people out of work with no money and the government taking care of it.

Whackos.
You woke now!!!!! People,parties,etc don’t won’t others to have those incentives because they want them for themselves.