FedEx Freight | Rumors

Franklin

TB Veteran
Credits
Heard that a 23 year veteran hostler was fired for taking aluminum cans out of the garbage to recycle. (S. Cal)

Heard that 2 line drivers back east were fired because their GPS said they were parked outside of their homes. That the company can take pictures with the GPS.

And here's a good one, the GPS is only for tracking equipment. Not for tracking drivers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

and you think they are suppose to be at home while they are at work?

Heard that a 23 year veteran hostler was fired for taking aluminum cans out of the garbage to recycle. (S. Cal)

Heard that 2 line drivers back east were fired because their GPS said they were parked outside of their homes. That the company can take pictures with the GPS.

And here's a good one, the GPS is only for tracking equipment. Not for tracking drivers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The drivers should be fired, I would need more info sounds like hear say to me.

I did not know that phase of GPS had been activated. Out west they can tract p&d but not road. They don't have all the goodies for tracking the road drivers.

"You can not take ANYTHING from this service center including trash. If you do it is considered Theft and you will be fired. Said my SCM. Can you eat lunch at home on your bid if it is in your area? I don't know. I guess these guys were spending more than 30 mins there.

Yes They CAN track everything with gps now........ including road.... No problem with me.... Still,,,, as in another thread,,, I'm not sure why the big money spent on it at this time,,,,, You can't tell me its to track shipments...

i go home 4 lunch if im doing a city route by my house. sometime ill just have wife meet me for lunch and i leave the truck in a parking lot. other times i will go park at the beach and go for a walk but never out of the route im working. never been told that i was not aloud to do this just told dont go out of the area im working also 1 of the guys i work with said that other than lunch we can take to 1o minute breaksnot clocked in on imac thing but have not read the new rule book yet

My point is that they tell us it's for tracking equipment, not people. We all know that is a bunch of s*it, just wondering why they can't be straight with us. I know it goes against everything they believe in, but really. We're not stupid. (Unless you park at your house when you're supposed to be working....)

Nobody ever said that to us. They just installed them one day and that was it...never said what they were for. Hey, it's their equipment and their $$$$ and they can do what they want with them.

Well, that's what we were told. Equipment tracking only.

Yes, it's their equipment and they can do what they want. Doesn't bother me. Just don't lie to me to shut me up.

And don't fire my friends to save money so you can keep track of drivers. If you have a problem with a driver, (something that is very easy to pinpoint without GPS by the way), deal with that driver instead of spending millions to track everyone else and keep good people on board who do a good job.

::shit:: They have one in the office that shows where the city drivers are at and what freight they are delivering or picking up. I checked it to see if it listed my house and it did but the info was like 2yrs old if not longer. If you think its bad now wait till they go to the paperless logs and see if you don't get busted for taking to long at a stop.

It couldn't be that FedEx is looking to stay on the leading edge of technology and freight tracking. Which are great selling points to our customers.
No could never be that. No, this is all about me. Ya, that's it. It's a conspiracy, has to be. Why? Well isn't everything a conpiracy?
I mean really is not this whole world and every one in it here just to screw me?

:bananalama:

Hey, where's the kool aid? .............Ya, need some .....Please......Hey KOOOLAAAIDDD...

If you are tracking equipment you are going to no where the driver is??

I havent seen our equipment hook it's self and go hit the road and make del or meet points, Think about what you are saying!!:nutkick:

If you are tracking equipment you are going to no where the driver is??

I havent seen our equipment hook it's self and go hit the road and make del or meet points, Think about what you are saying!!:nutkick:

I was thinking the exact same thing.

If you're doing what you are paid to do then all of this should not be a problem.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Our janitors spend more time routn thru the trash for cans than workin,

We tried to have individule cans for paper, plastic and alluminum a few years ago but people did'nt care and mixed it all up so they stopped.

I think each terminal ought to recycle and put money back into the center for cookouts yearly picnics and purchase things for the center to not upset the budget.
Dumb idea I know, what was I thinkin!!:hysterical::duh:

i go home 4 lunch if im doing a city route by my house. sometime ill just have wife meet me for lunch and i leave the truck in a parking lot. other times i will go park at the beach and go for a walk but never out of the route im working. never been told that i was not aloud to do this just told dont go out of the area im working also 1 of the guys i work with said that other than lunch we can take to 1o minute breaksnot clocked in on imac thing but have not read the new rule book yet

You are correct :thumbsup:

You can take your lunch anywhere in route or on your route, within reason... You obviously shouldn't go 15-20 minutes out of the way. But you have to be givin some time to legaly park and secure you unit (per DOT regulations) before going "off duty". I've heard managers say your lunch should begin as soon as you leave a customer, meaning the drive to lunch in on you and comes out of your 30 min. This is not true... You have to be relieved of ALL duty when you go to lunch and that can't happen untill the unit is secured/legaly parked etc. Again per DOT regulations.

10 minute breaks: You get 2 per day- one per 4 hour work period. You are paid for this time. If you have questions about this, do a search in the handbook on the computer at your center. Very clear policy on this and most drivers don't use it. I do 98% of the time and find it breaks up the day.

As far as the GPS goes... It might be a nice selling point BUT the only way to pay for it is through increased efficiency $$. Simple as that. And Yes, the picture they get when they click on your unit is a google earth picture and not a "LIVE" picture. Most people don't understand all of this and are nervous about it. Predictably the numbers are going up.

I can say that my center manager has made no attempt to dispell the myths... I think they like the drivers being afraid of the unknown.

:Flame-On:

I have stood and watched the dispatchers using these. If a customer calls in, they can see who is the closest and contact that driver. I agree with the previous poster, if you are doing what you are being paid to do, no problems. Only time will tell if this was money well spent.