FedEx Freight | Rumors

You are correct! The link requires the HANDHELD unit in order to function. So for right now, road drivers (and the freight on-board) are not tracked with GPS... Yet!

It won't be long and everyone will have it. Y'all are gonna love the paperless logs too, that go along with the GPS :biglaugh:

:shift:

This nis not true!!!! they can track you now!

This nis not true!!!! they can track you now!
That is correct. Just last week the SCM showed a few of us where all his city drivers were and their speeds, and how long they have been idling at a delivery, it is accurate to 100 yards of actual location. Seen it for myself... I hope they use their power for good not evil.

Trailer Trash
Just remember, there was a snake in Eden. And it was not a nice snake.

Thanks, Trailer Trash....Truer words have not been spoken.....

I can not post a link to thread ....I need a few more posts of my own to have that capability....

Thread titled, Eden System ?
By Verticalmo dated 2-27-2009

That is correct. Just last week the SCM showed a few of us where all his city drivers were and their speeds, and how long they have been idling at a delivery, it is accurate to 100 yards of actual location. Seen it for myself... I hope they use their power for good not evil.

There's a difference between tracking city drivers and road drivers. City drivers carry a handheld device that works with the on-board device.

We were told that without the handheld device the system is not functional. Do you think they would lie to us? :ranting2: Surely they wouldn't stoop to that level, right?:biglaugh:

They did say eventually it would show engine running or not, idle shutdowns etc... I hate to quote what ccm says since lately it's only "somewhat" true...

100 yrds - try 100 feet but more like within 10 feet

I like it.

The Intermecs are on GPS and tracking us , I have see it @ work and the display.
Just do your job and you have nothing to worry about. Since we had it functioning
I have done nothing different than I always have done nor plan to do anything different.
Stop worrying about it and live with it. Maybe it will help with some of our local gold
bickers that have been getting away with murder stopping at home a couple times a day.

Just be where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there doing what you are supposed to be doing and all will be fine and check will continue to clear every Friday.

also within a few weeks you will all get intermic holders in your trucks and they will be in the dead center of your truck for a reason - shop guy

Well....Shop guy.....what's the reason ???....if you don't want to make it public Instant Message me...but tell me wether or not I can go public with it......

Well....Shop guy.....what's the reason ???....if you don't want to make it public Instant Message me...but tell me wether or not I can go public with it......

Rumor has it... Listening in capabilities...

They might not like what they hear, with me. They'll hear it live: Dumb F#&^% Idiots... What the H%& &^ ^&*^ %%^5 or whatever comes to mind. :biglaugh:

If you want to listen, don't complain about what you hear.

They might not like what they hear, with me. They'll hear it live: Dumb F#&^% Idiots... What the H%& &^ ^&*^ %%^5 or whatever comes to mind. :biglaugh:

I can't believe how anybody can think that they have nothing better to do than follow us all day by either GPS or to listen in on our conversation! How many trucks do we have? How many people will it take to accomplish this task. Sure we have a 10% unemployment rate, and it will take all of them. I suppose it you were involved in a serious wreck, or you were reported driving like a jacka$$ or something else along those lines, you may be the center of attention for a bit, but I really think they have better things to do, like getting this company moving in the right direction in this economy and securing more freight, and taking care of the customers we now have, at least those that are still here. But at least this thread is very entertaining to read. :shift:

I can't believe how anybody can think that they have nothing better to do than follow us all day by either GPS or to listen in on our conversation! How many trucks do we have? How many people will it take to accomplish this task. Sure we have a 10% unemployment rate, and it will take all of them. I suppose it you were involved in a serious wreck, or you were reported driving like a jacka$$ or something else along those lines, you may be the center of attention for a bit, but I really think they have better things to do, like getting this company moving in the right direction in this economy and securing more freight, and taking care of the customers we now have, at least those that are still here. But at least this thread is very entertaining to read. :shift:

ol' man :clap:

I heard that now they can deny your road delay pay
by looking at the GPS and seeing if you were actually
rolling during that time or standing still due to accident
or rush hour traffic, etc.

ol' man :clap:

I heard that now they can deny your road delay pay
by looking at the GPS and seeing if you were actually
rolling during that time or standing still due to accident
or rush hour traffic, etc.

Just park on the shoulder and take a nap till it clears, ooops, did I say that?? LOL:TR10driving03:

FM

Oh, I agree 100% ol' man! I didn't say I think they will be doing it, but I have heard it mentioned by some. And this is a "Rumors" thread... :stirthepot:

It's funny that the shop personel will only hint at the shocking capabilities of the system. And managers do little to dispell the myths surrounding it.:horse:

I think you're right in that if the capabilities exist, they'll only use them after and accident/incident to see what really happened at the time. :TR10driving03:

Here are some thnigs as I understand them .... :shift:

The GPS systems are ... hot ... working ... on ... from the point when they are installed in the trucks and trailers and dollies/congears ..... I don't know what can be done with them on the other end ... but just think of the onstar in the new cars, I'm sure everyone has heard the ads ...hmmmmm.

Now to address the cameras ....some shop men that I know used to get nit picked to death with the cameras .... some how HR got involved ...hmmmmm I wonder ... anyway I was told by the shop guys the HR has to give permission to look at the camera history now ...... don't know about that either .... but the nit picking with the camera ...STOPED..!

ME .... well I don't worry about the camera ..the gps ... I just going to be ... me .... I'm going to let someone else do the worring .... and if I screw up ... well hell ..I'm not a robot ..:biglaugh:

Ol'Man......REDUNDANCY....this new form of managers that they are BREEDING....Don't trust their own shadows....they have always known where City drivers were they would enroute/arrive/and depart, to and from stops, and if that wasn't enough......

and on top of that they would pick up the phone and verify with the customer...."Is my driver there"....

and on top of that they follow, drivers....

......REDUNDANCY.........REDUNDANCY.........REDUNDANCY

It's turning out to be a TRUST thing...You don't trust DRIVERS.....So why the F**k should DRIVERS TRUST management

Thanks SwampRatt...It sounds like a good place to hang the Hat & Coat....That should muffle the sound a bit

Well, I'm a road driver so at this point in time, my comments are referring to my side of the coin. It may be different for P&D drivers. I have also heard the rumor that the people in our command bunker can "see" where our city boys are. The "new" monitors put in last week are said to have 4 different screens on them. I do believe they want to keep us so scared and afraid for our jobs that we walk in fear everyday. When it gets that bad, no matter what those guys who say " If you're doing your job don't worry about it" say, I'm outta here. Those are the same guys giving our country away to total Government control! No backbone and no ba11s!:TR10driving03:

Well, I'm a road driver so at this point in time, my comments are referring to my side of the coin. It may be different for P&D drivers. I have also heard the rumor that the people in our command bunker can "see" where our city boys are. The "new" monitors put in last week are said to have 4 different screens on them. I do believe they want to keep us so scared and afraid for our jobs that we walk in fear everyday. When it gets that bad, no matter what those guys who say " If you're doing your job don't worry about it" say, I'm outta here. Those are the same guys giving our country away to total Government control! No backbone and no ba11s!:TR10driving03:

I concur with that drivah