FedEx Freight | Rumors

If that's the case then Fedex is still 8 years behind us & the leading edge. We had a system called RDD in our city trucks, from Qualcomm. BTW, we moved on to something newer......:biglaugh::biglaugh:
0321c928-c64b-482b-a81b-86e826fcc28.jpg

This unit contained all pick up and delivery information, GPS tracking and the ability for dispatch and driver to contact each other. The office also had software to print out your whole day's travels onto a map.

I was once asked why I was off route. I asked where was I? Show me the printout. According to the printout, I should have drowned in the truck in the middle of the Hudson River. They never bothered to use that feature again, as far as they were concerned with me.
Sounds like it has some problems ...drowned in the river ...:biglaugh:

Please tell us, just which of the information you have read on here is so good. All of it is speculation and rumor at this time. FedEx is still trying to make just some of EDEN work. At first it was going to be on a cell phone system that has huge gaps in it. You could park all night and no one could find you. Until this thing is actually installed none of us or management will know the full capabillities of Project EDEN. Just remember there was an evil snake in Eden.

We in the mid-west are using the Eden system and have been for about 4months. It uses both satellite and cellular for tracking and sending info.
Also using it now connected to the Intermec. for only about 3 weeks now. Can pinpoint exactly where you/we are right down to street level using Bing.

Ge Capital Solutions, Eden Prairie, MN.

well just got back from a meeting of the decoder ring brotherhood and it was brought to our attention that fed-ex has a bunker in mempis that tracks all road drivers by satalite they spot the painted trailer numbers on the roof of the trailer so look out there freds got his eye on you road as well as city drivers now dont tell anyone

If that's the case then Fedex is still 8 years behind us & the leading edge. We had a system called RDD in our city trucks, from Qualcomm. BTW, we moved on to something newer......:biglaugh::biglaugh:
0321c928-c64b-482b-a81b-86e826fcc28.jpg

This unit contained all pick up and delivery information, GPS tracking and the ability for dispatch and driver to contact each other. The office also had software to print out your whole day's travels onto a map.

I was once asked why I was off route. I asked where was I? Show me the printout. According to the printout, I should have drowned in the truck in the middle of the Hudson River. They never bothered to use that feature again, as far as they were concerned with me.
We at AF were using this kind of thing 15 years ago when I was a city pedeler .... except it was 1/3 the size .... who is catching up to who .....:biglaugh:

well just got back from a meeting of the decoder ring brotherhood and it was brought to our attention that fed-ex has a bunker in mempis that tracks all road drivers by satalite they spot the painted trailer numbers on the roof of the trailer so look out there freds got his eye on you road as well as city drivers now dont tell anyone

As far as I
know,No road tractors are being Watched,The Eden Vector box is Not Activated until a Driver Logs In to His HANDHELD DEVISE-AKA WAND,So Lets Quit all the Rumors & Complaining,BIG BROTHER IS NOT WATCHING YOU"""

As far as I
know,No road tractors are being Watched,The Eden Vector box is Not Activated until a Driver Logs In to His HANDHELD DEVISE-AKA WAND,So Lets Quit all the Rumors & Complaining,BIG BROTHER IS NOT WATCHING YOU"""

he sure is called today and said hurry up and that this is brother fred...well i drove off and he didnt call back :shift:

We at AF were using this kind of thing 15 years ago when I was a city pedeler .... except it was 1/3 the size .... who is catching up to who .....:biglaugh:

If Fedex bought a company that had this technology 15 years ago, and they are just now implementing some sort of similar technology, then they are still behind in the learning curve, and therefor still catching up. It's a shame they couldn't learn something from a company that they acquired earlier...sorta like my position with the juggheads running YRC, who haven't learned a thing from the mistakes they made in the past.

As far as I

You are correct! The link requires the HANDHELD unit in order to function. So for right now, road drivers (and the freight on-board) are not tracked with GPS... Yet!

It won't be long and everyone will have it. Y'all are gonna love the paperless logs too, that go along with the GPS :biglaugh:

:shift:

New Rumor

Heard a little second hand info last night. Need conformation.
A purchase van has or has not been placed at GRR (Grand Rapids, Mi) to run to CGX (Chicago, Ill) and back to GRR on the same night. Like a shuttle.

Just looking for some facts.

Confirmed rumor

Was able to confirm last night. Bar Nun Running a van hauling outbound from GRR to CGX then back to GRR with there inbound. Driver waits at CGX while van is unloaded and reloaded with inbound for GRR.

Not cool but what can we do? If FedEx will do it there, Where will it stop?

Sorry not enough unhappy smilies for this post.

I Hope Not

Heard a little second hand info last night. Need conformation.
A purchase van has or has not been placed at GRR (Grand Rapids, Mi) to run to CGX (Chicago, Ill) and back to GRR on the same night. Like a shuttle.

Just looking for some facts.
I used to run into CGX and GRR was always an extremely heavy lane. But, I hope you have bad info about purchase into a hub and back to satellite again. That would be awful :nutkick::ranting2:

Was able to confirm last night. Bar Nun Running a van hauling outbound from GRR to CGX then back to GRR with there inbound. Driver waits at CGX while van is unloaded and reloaded with inbound for GRR.

Not cool but what can we do? If FedEx will do it there, Where will it stop?

Sorry not enough unhappy smilies for this post.

Jinx40 :clap:

Maybe that is just a temporary bump in freight, that would not sustain a steady yearly bid run.

Temporary..........

Jinx40 :clap:

Maybe that is just a temporary bump in freight, that would not sustain a steady yearly bid run.

:wtflol: IF that Temporary freight run's Mon-Fri for 2 wks straight,then we should be able to push Harrison for that steady run!?:stirthepot:

Up until this last bid GRR had 2 bids into CGX. Now they have 1, second bid was flipped to extra board when P'van was added this past mon.

We in the mid-west are using the Eden system and have been for about 4months. It uses both satellite and cellular for tracking and sending info.
Also using it now connected to the Intermec. for only about 3 weeks now. Can pinpoint exactly where you/we are right down to street level using Bing.

Ge Capital Solutions, Eden Prairie, MN.

Jinx40...you sound like you know alot about this eden system...can you explain your last sentence, I'm trying to learn...

What is Bing...? and what do you mean by "right down to street level''...? isn't it all at street level...

knowledge is a good thing....

Thanks Familyman, I thought Bing was more than that....wasn't sure what, but it appears to be just a mapping system like Google earth..

just a map..that if you zoom in you can see months old, maybe years old aerial images from the last time a satellite was in range and taking pictures....

I know management, has alot of drivers thinking they can see them getting in and out of the truck at any moment they wish to...this female driver I know is going around telling the others, that they can zero in on them when ever they want to......and you can't tell them other wise, maybe it's her looks....but they believe her...

It's unbelieable how nieve some people can be..

I did not know that phase of GPS had been activated. Out west they can tract p&d but not road. They don't have all the goodies for tracking the road drivers.

Cody< they can track you NOW! they told me my meet driver was at a given mm at a given time. The system IS active!!!!!!