Holland | SAD sight

Tell that to all the men who lose their jobs, like all mergers do, at least in my 43 years of LTL they do.How many lost out when they merged yellow and Roadway?
I probably lost my job before you.
When it was Ryder, Ryder T S C, Ryder Hoover, Ryder Harris, Ryder PIE, PIE Helms & Byrnes, who cared what name was on the door as long as your check was good.
Guess I'm missing your point.

I probably lost my job before you.
When it was Ryder, Ryder T S C, Ryder Hoover, Ryder Harris, Ryder PIE, PIE Helms & Byrnes, who cared what name was on the door as long as your check was good.
Guess I'm missing your point.
The renaming to Yellow is a little like déjà vu to me. I too worked for Ryder Truck Lines, went thru the merger with Pie, changed the name to Ryder/Pie, laid off due to management being unable to keep the combined freight, observing the ownership merging Byrns and Helms Express with Ryder/Pie and then change the name to Pie Nationwide. The only thing left is the parent company selling off to a Carl Icahn type who continued to run it into the ground.

The renaming to Yellow is a little like déjà vu to me. I too worked for Ryder Truck Lines, went thru the merger with Pie, changed the name to Ryder/Pie, laid off due to management being unable to keep the combined freight, observing the ownership merging Byrns and Helms Express with Ryder/Pie and then change the name to Pie Nationwide. The only thing left is the parent company selling off to a Carl Icahn type who continued to run it into the ground.
Where were you domiciled?
I started in Charl in 55 and was there till they folded in 90

And don’t forget. Towards the end Pie bought TransCon.
Hopefully, Yellow won’t merge with ABF
I U tried to buy ABF along with O D when they were buying all those other companies.
Some know it alls said they never got TC, just their freight.
They dovetailed drivers in Char, Atl, and Knox for sure.

I identify as YellerFeller (he,him,his) I'm 70 but recently learned that is how I am supposed to do it. I formerly identified as grouchy old bastard. Was told that's no longer acceptable.
Who cares what's acceptable? Last I checked this isn't North Korea or Iran. Do or say what you want. What are they going to do, take our birthdays away? I'm not politically correct. I eat meat. I don't believe in climate change. And I damn sure not going to wear a mask again.