Yellow | Simple Poll

Let YRC fail

• Yes

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters
People like you are the worst. Admit it- you want YRC, or Any other company to fail. Why? Because you’re all about you- that’s why. Don’t act like you actually care how government money is spent- you don’t. You’re here to yell for YRC to close, but you don’t have the stones to come out and say it.
Your title fits perfectly.
YRC closing has no bearing on my job whatsoever.
My company doesn't need YRC to close in order to gain market share.
As to government spending I'm always against corporate welfare of any type.
You seem to like throwing stuff out and see what sticks so I'll ask a simple question.
Would YRC still be in business without this money?
Let's see if you can be have the stones to throw out an honest answer.

Your title fits perfectly.
YRC closing has no bearing on my job whatsoever.
My company doesn't need YRC to close in order to gain market share.
As to government spending I'm always against corporate welfare of any type.
You seem to like throwing stuff out and see what sticks so I'll ask a simple question.
Would YRC still be in business without this money?
Let's see if you can be have the stones to throw out an honest answer.
Truth is we won’t know now but we know you have your opinion!

Oh by the way there, Wayne. I contacted a bunch of outfits in Columbia,SC, and they want you to apply. They are all hiring.

nHsb8qw.jpg

bcngWub.jpg

x0GYLxQ.jpg

Lizard's Thicket Restaurant also is hiring dishwashers.
Columbia, S C

Using that thought process, it is a colossal waste of taxpayer $$$ if not a crime.
If it happens, the government owns almost 30% of YRC via stock.
Take a look at the YRC stock price for the past 15 years.
With the past being the greatest indicator of future expectations....
The stock in todays dollars was over $450,000 per share today it is $2.50
Why would any taxpayer buy into this???
It is Solyndra all over again.
Besides the same US Government is suing the company it is bailing out for corrupt business practices.
Only the US Government would do that????
Or a POS retired union employee collecting a pension & bad mouthing them....sound familiar Jay Cee

People like you are the worst. Admit it- you want YRC, or Any other company to fail. Why? Because you’re all about you- that’s why. Don’t act like you actually care how government money is spent- you don’t. You’re here to yell for YRC to close, but you don’t have the stones to come out and say it.
True story, he's probably on the lower half of the seniority list at Fed Ex & thinks hes going to get a better start time if yrc folds....

True story, he's probably on the lower half of the seniority list at Fed Ex & thinks hes going to get a better start time if yrc folds....
You can't admit the facts can you?
This company would be folding their tent if not for the American taxpayer.
Not to complicated is it?
Like I said, if this was such a great investment as a company why doesn't anyone step up to lend money other than the federal government?
Because it's a bad investment?
Because there is no actual plan to come out this stronger?
As to my place and start time I generally have my choice.
Don't need anything from YRC on that front.

You can't admit the facts can you?
This company would be folding their tent if not for the American taxpayer.
Not to complicated is it?
Like I said, if this was such a great investment as a company why doesn't anyone step up to lend money other than the federal government?
Because it's a bad investment?
Because there is no actual plan to come out this stronger?
As to my place and start time I generally have my choice.
Don't need anything from YRC on that front.
How can you predict the future? Nobody knows how this is going to turn out. They may turn this around take a few key accounts away from your company to where you sitting home more than working and who knows you may have to apply at YRC for a job....karma's a bitch....One other thing i don't work for YRC

Do they have patio dining?
Afraid not.
At one time they had a sign that read ( Please be patient, our Teamster drivers are on a strict schedule and sometimes must be served first)
After we convinced the manager, this was from some of our hungry, greedy drivers, the sign came down.

You think?
Other carriers won't have to worry about undercut pricing.
When they make more revenue that means it's easier to give raises.

Ok, I'll reply to the troll.

Corporations are greedy and their primary concern is the shareholder. I believe it was the Fed Ex forum that was grumbling about insurance plan changes and another forum complaining about low raises and bonuses.
So yeah, wages may be flat for awhile, particularly if there is high unemployment and less consumer spending.

You think?
Other carriers won't have to worry about undercut pricing.
When they make more revenue that means it's easier to give raises.
You think? 27000 unemployed drivers on the market, but hey your company won't hire any of them at the starting pay. They'll give you a raise instead. Because you're a darn good worker and none of those 27000 could ever "work" for a living. And of course every other LTL company won't raise rates and will soak up all the capacity overnight. The country won't even notice. Because of that can do spirit at FEDEX, XPO, OD, etc. I'm leaving out ABF because they'll fail next and UPS will naturally give up freight because they won't be able to compete. Did I leave anything out?

How can you predict the future? Nobody knows how this is going to turn out. They may turn this around take a few key accounts away from your company to where you sitting home more than working and who knows you may have to apply at YRC for a job....karma's a bitch....One other thing i don't work for YRC
As a former worker at YRC who left on good terms, I have no axes to grind at all.
That aside, YRC was not going to survive simply because they would not have been able to pay their health care benifit payments.
They were already behind and being threatened by central states to discontinue coverage.
That not predicted the future, it's a fact.
Had the federal government not stepped in and "loaned" them $700 million they would have defaulted on those payments.
That in turn would have triggered a huge amount of folks to immediately retire.
Several more probably would have quit or been looking to in the immediate future.
Yrc would then be in a predicament where they simply would not of had the manpower to move the freight they had in their system.
They would not of been in a position to pick up further shipments.
That would have been the end.
They may well turn things around.
Based on what they've done management wise the last 15 years and no new plan to alter their current business model I'd say those chances are very slim.
The chances of them taking accounts from FedEx or any of the other profitable companies is pretty slim as well.
Unless of course they follow their current model and haul freight basically for free.
I'm pretty sure with my seniority I'll be working.
On the other hand I did leave YRC on good terms.

Ok, I'll reply to the troll.

Corporations are greedy and their primary concern is the shareholder. I believe it was the Fed Ex forum that was grumbling about insurance plan changes and another forum complaining about low raises and bonuses.
So yeah, wages may be flat for awhile, particularly if there is high unemployment and less consumer spending.
You troll remarks don't make your point for you.
I'll agree, corporations are greedy.
Your making my point for me.
If they make less profit they tend to want to give less.
If they can charge more they will in all likelihood make more and willing to give a decent raise.
Every company is this way.
When a company like YRC has lower rates it tends to keep profits down.

You think? 27000 unemployed drivers on the market, but hey your company won't hire any of them at the starting pay. They'll give you a raise instead. Because you're a darn good worker and none of those 27000 could ever "work" for a living. And of course every other LTL company won't raise rates and will soak up all the capacity overnight. The country won't even notice. Because of that can do spirit at FEDEX, XPO, OD, etc. I'm leaving out ABF because they'll fail next and UPS will naturally give up freight because they won't be able to compete. Did I leave anything out?
FedEx as well as those others have a certain business model.
It's generally why most of them are profitable.
They aren't going to waste time trying to hope with more drivers on the market they will want to train former YRC drivers in order to replace drivers they already have doing the job.
Several from YRC would find employment with those and others you've listed.
On the other hand it won't take all of them simply because not all of those lines are running at capacity.

As a former worker at YRC who left on good terms, I have no axes to grind at all.
That aside, YRC was not going to survive simply because they would not have been able to pay their health care benifit payments.
They were already behind and being threatened by central states to discontinue coverage.
That not predicted the future, it's a fact.
Had the federal government not stepped in and "loaned" them $700 million they would have defaulted on those payments.
That in turn would have triggered a huge amount of folks to immediately retire.
Several more probably would have quit or been looking to in the immediate future.
Yrc would then be in a predicament where they simply would not of had the manpower to move the freight they had in their system.
They would not of been in a position to pick up further shipments.
That would have been the end.
They may well turn things around.
Based on what they've done management wise the last 15 years and no new plan to alter their current business model I'd say those chances are very slim.
The chances of them taking accounts from FedEx or any of the other profitable companies is pretty slim as well.
Unless of course they follow their current model and haul freight basically for free.
I'm pretty sure with my seniority I'll be working.
On the other hand I did leave YRC on good terms.
You troll remarks don't make your point for you.
I'll agree, corporations are greedy.
Your making my point for me.
If they make less profit they tend to want to give less.
If they can charge more they will in all likelihood make more and willing to give a decent raise.
Every company is this way.
When a company like YRC has lower rates it tends to keep profits down.
Are you on dope? Asking for a friend.