ABF | So This Is Pretty Cool

Took my drug test yesterday.
They have my other information in and on file.
On my way. I’m guessing probably road test at the end of this week.
They will possibly bring u in and have u hook and unhook a set. Normally Brian will work with u. He is our union steward. I believe he will do the road test. I would say after that it’s up 2 u. Give a 2 week notice or whatever.

They will possibly bring u in and have u hook and unhook a set. Normally Brian will work with u. He is our union steward. I believe he will do the road test. I would say after that it’s up 2 u. Give a 2 week notice or whatever.
That's what I figured. 2 weeks notice. I spoke with the boss at the terminal told him I would have to give 2 weeks to my current job. He said that, that was fine and what he expected. Told me exact same thing you did, the union steward is also the safety guy that does the road tests. I'm getting good practice at my current job with hooking and unhooking usually sometimes do 4 different sets in 1 night so that's 4 unhooks and 4 hooks in one night so I'm getting my practice in.

That's what I figured. 2 weeks notice. I spoke with the boss at the terminal told him I would have to give 2 weeks to my current job. He said that, that was fine and what he expected. Told me exact same thing you did, the union steward is also the safety guy that does the road tests. I'm getting good practice at my current job with hooking and unhooking usually sometimes do 4 different sets in 1 night so that's 4 unhooks and 4 hooks in one night so I'm getting my practice in.
U won’t hook that many sets at abf. We are strung and powered in north Lima and I go to Carlisle and it’s strung and powered there. U just park hop into your next truck. Chicago park and leave it. The only time is a via and the terminal is closed. Even then sometimes it’s strung

U won’t hook that many sets at abf. We are strung and powered in north Lima and I go to Carlisle and it’s strung and powered there. U just park hop into your next truck. Chicago park and leave it. The only time is a via and the terminal is closed. Even then sometimes it’s strung
Cool, thanks for the information, I'm happy to be coming aboard, ready to work and do a good job and make the customers happy and get the freight down the road safe and on time so the city guys can deliver it and make the customers happy.

Cool, thanks for the information, I'm happy to be coming aboard, ready to work and do a good job and make the customers happy and get the freight down the road safe and on time so the city guys can deliver it and make the customers happy.
U have a great attitude. I think u will make a great fit in north Lima. There are always a few bad eggs, but for the most part everyone is cool. U don’t need to be in a hurry. If u need a break take it. If not keep on truckin. Either way no one will say a thing if u get it there safely.

Also, if u go through a terminal and someone is there 2 do your work, u will just sit there and wait on the clock. U are basically hired to drive down the road. Have a great day. Be safe

Hi guys, just checking in. Back to my job right now in the meantime and so far it's fine. For the record the job I have now is not bad per-say oh there are some things I don't like and it's why I've decided to make a change, but it's not a bad job over all at face value. There's a few things that I'm not going to mention here that are not good, but normally in day to day life it's not a bad job. Pay is good, benefits are fair and were paid pretty good for what we do. I pull doubles for a food company. Company I work for isn't as good at ABF, but it's not a bad job it has it's merits. I've never downed my current employer to anyone and I won't, I work with some good people, however ABF is certainly a step up. However I've been at my current place almost 8 years in March 8 years is a little bit of time couldn't have been that bad.

However where I work now has been a good job for me and could be a good job for someone else. No place is perfect. Anyhow ABF is processing my information. They asked for my FMCSA stuff and I gave them it and the entire thing is processing so in the mean time I'm just going to work at my job and will move forward as time allows.
Sorry, Mike, I'm just not sure you're gonna be a (fit) here on TB.
You don't seem to have the talent for bitching, complaining, knowing how to run the company, or badmouthing.
You may need to work on those flaws a little, I'm sure you will find help on the board.
Good luck with the job.

Sorry, Mike, I'm just not sure you're gonna be a (fit) here on TB.
You don't seem to have the talent for bitching, complaining, knowing how to run the company, or badmouthing.
You may need to work on those flaws a little, I'm sure you will find help on the board.
Good luck with the job.
Hook him up with Wong or Slave for ten minutes. :hilarious: :hysterical:
Mike just go see BRG, that bastard will help you out with TB. & mirrors. :lmao: Best of luck with your new job.

Last edited:
Make sure you are using 102” wide trailers too. And if you are near Chicago, use your 2 week notice, and I’ll arrange for you to ride with me. We would take a set down to Continental Paper on Lumber St. It gives new meaning to the words, WTF?

Last edited:
Make sure you are using 102” wide trailers too. And if you are near Chicago, use your 2 week notice, and I’ll arrange for you to ride with me. We would take a set down to Continental Paper on Lumber St. It gives new meaning to the words, WTF
U have a great attitude. I think u will make a great fit in north Lima. There are always a few bad eggs, but for the most part everyone is cool. U don’t need to be in a hurry. If u need a break take it. If not keep on truckin. Either way no one will say a thing if u get it there safely.

Also, if u go through a terminal and someone is there 2 do your work, u will just sit there and wait on the clock. U are basically hired to drive down the road. Have a great day. Be safe
Thanks I’m happy to start and ready to work

Thank you I’m excited to start .

Hook him up with Wong or Slave for ten minutes. :hilarious: :hysterical:
I have a job.
They want to change it.
They want more and they want to give nothing for the more.

I'm not asking them to change.
It is THEIR CHANGE of Operations.
They want.
If they'd have left me alone I'd be on politics and not posting on the job forums.
But they want.
They want.
They want.
They want.
I didn't demand.
They did.
They wake me up....I'm gonna growl

I have a job.
They want to change it.
They want more and they want to give nothing for the more.

I'm not asking them to change.
It is THEIR CHANGE of Operations.
They want.
If they'd have left me alone I'd be on politics and not posting on the job forums.
But they want.
They want.
They want.
They want.
I didn't demand.
They did.
They wake me up....I'm gonna growl
That's what wealthy Corporate America wants.....workers to give until they are broke, so they can pick up all that money that the workers left behind....

Alright guys, well Monday is the big day. I got word today that, my road test is scheduled for Monday morning so I am going to work every night really trying to self coach my self the best I can and do a lot of fine tuning.
U will be fine trust me. Piece of cake. No need to tune anything.

Alright guys, well Monday is the big day. I got word today that, my road test is scheduled for Monday morning so I am going to work every night really trying to self coach my self the best I can and do a lot of fine tuning.
Like they tell you on that first date---Just relax and be yourself. you'll be fine. Have some fun with it, when you get to the first red traffic light, scream out you're color blind, quick what color is the light. Lmfao