Yellow | Some Jimmies for you experienced hands

i use to get 64 in 9th then grabbed 10 gear back when i was foolish now i'm lucky to make it to the speed limithttps://imgur.com/a/WerTGOw
In my younger days I topped (old Fancy Gap) in this very same truck with 48k of pigeons at 91 mph.
You could only gross 52500 in those days in Va.
When I pulled onto the scales, I would beat on the trailer sides to make the pigeons fly and I was legal on weight.
The reason I used pigeons is back in those times, I couldn't spell canaries.

In my younger days I topped (old Fancy Gap) in this very same truck with 48k of pigeons at 91 mph.
You could only gross 52500 in those days in Va.
When I pulled onto the scales, I would beat on the trailer sides to make the pigeons fly and I was legal on weight.
The reason I used pigeons is back in those times, I couldn't spell canaries.
Where the heck are my boots? I can't find my boots!

PS - Were you coming from Pigeon Forge with that load?

Should've pointed out, mine was an 8v92TT, not a 71. An 8v71 normally, is a 318. An 8v71T was a 350.

The advantage a Detroit had over Cummins was overhaul cost, lighter weight, and ability to start on cold weather. If it would turn over, it would start. Not so a Cummins or a Cat. Of course, yes, they left an oil trail....
my cat started when my pontiac would not!

855/290 Cummins always needed ether!
We once had trucks that had a mounted canister of ether about the size of a handheld propane torch.
Drivers abused them so much by giving it a little squirt, thinking to gain a little more power.
They were removed, I also heard there was a fire and explosion, never really knew why.