Yellow | Teamsters Back Proposal to Acquire Yellow Properties for a New LTL Company

:hyper:
Already posted this at 8:38 this morning FM....

99576e504f6fcccd9a4154dd96fe0ec9.jpg
New century will just be the same 'Circus" , borrowing from Peter to pay Paul !! And asking for givebacks within a few years ..............

So if it provides 10,000 jobs and H&W benefits for people who now have nothing including unemployment benefits,What’s the crime?
Sadly AB, that's a REALLY big "if". While I will agree that very little is impossible, the likelihood of this actually happening is so small as to be nearly non-existent. There are far too many opposing "players", far too much of the asset dispersal has already occurred or is in rather irreversible process, and so much of the potential customer base is already re-trenched elsewhere that only a miracle would make this happen. Miracles do happen, but not like this one would be.

So if it provides 10,000 jobs and H&W benefits for people who now have nothing including unemployment benefits,What’s the crime?
Because it shouldn't be just about creating jobs and providing benefits.

Russia builds great big mining machines to mine coal. They then burn that coal for energy to build more machines, only to mine more coal...

They aren't doing anything but providing jobs.

Russia builds great big mining machines to mine coal. They then burn that coal for energy to build more machines, only to mine more coal...

Sounds a little bit like consulting work to me, just providing jobs.

Far from the truth.
The mines make homes for homeless bats.

I agree , but i would have not waited this long to find another job. I would have lost everything by now if i had not worked for this long. I would have did what i had to do to take care of my family. Unit or no Union my family comes first and if i have to eat a humble pie or a crap sandwich then that's what id have done.

I agree , but i would have not waited this long to find another job. I would have lost everything by now if i had not worked for this long. I would have did what i had to do to take care of my family. Unit or no Union my family comes first and if i have to eat a humble pie or a crap sandwich then that's what id have done.
Agreed!

Riddle me this; If YRC has sold their properties or broke their leases, and most of the equipment has been sold. What the hell are they going to use? I go by the Dallas yard twice a day and that yard is just about empty. I'm not trying to be a ass about this, but I don't see how it would work.
I've had two freight lines fold on me and got sold by another, I hope something works for you guys.

Riddle me this; If YRC has sold their properties or broke their leases, and most of the equipment has been sold. What the hell are they going to use? I go by the Dallas yard twice a day and that yard is just about empty. I'm not trying to be a ass about this, but I don't see how it would work.
I've had two freight lines fold on me and got sold by another, I hope something works for you guys.
They haven't sold all their properties or all their leases or all their equipment. Check out the photos I posted in thread "Maybrook - 2/11/2024"