Yellow | Teamsters Back Proposal to Acquire Yellow Properties for a New LTL Company

I want a court to hear WARN act claims, I don't want to vote that option away. My postponed pension payments(deferred) are lost and gone forever, even though our fund was repaid sometime ago. My job was "not worth It" according to SOB, and I don't want my actual ability to collect WARN act damages to be submitted to the the "not worth it" mindset. I can't rely on the IBT( ,their talk about job help was just talk,) or local to do what is right, to keep publicly made promises, and UPS is all anybody is concerned about pension wise.
If I am denied WARN Act reparations by a court, I am not strung along on a promise that could be forgotten or bargained away.

It would not surprise me, that in the next 5 years or so, many LTL companies cut back or eliminate their sales force, and being literally pushed into using 3PL companies who are slowly gaining more and more customers ,and creating almost a bidding war for freight. 3PL's thrive on selling shippers and consignees that they can lower their freight costs. Whether LTL or truckload, they can always find someone willing to haul it cheaper than the next guy. Thanks to deregulation.
Had a customer tell me several years ago one of the big boys, CH Robison was building LTL loads on truck load carriers and making huge profits. For example stop in town X pickup 12,000 lbs of freight, go down the road 100 to 150 miles pickup 15,000 on down the road for another 10,000 then drive long distance and drop of freight to 3 towns in the same manner as pickups we’re made.
She said they would charge LTL rate and pay truckload carriers a little more than normal and make big money on the difference. All of this was done by computer. Hence less freight for the LTL’s.

Had a customer tell me several years ago one of the big boys, CH Robison was building LTL loads on truck load carriers and making huge profits. For example stop in town X pickup 12,000 lbs of freight, go down the road 100 to 150 miles pickup 15,000 on down the road for another 10,000 then drive long distance and drop of freight to 3 towns in the same manner as pickups we’re made.
She said they would charge LTL rate and pay truckload carriers a little more than normal and make big money on the difference. All of this was done by computer. Hence less freight for the LTL’s.
i've seen these truckload guys pulling LTL freight all over NYC for a while now. what a clusterf*ck it looks like. trucks too long for certain neighborhoods, no liftgates, customers with no docks. saw a guy in Queens struggling one day. customer approached me with 50 bucks to help. long story short, freight was put onto my liftgate and i lowered it. everyone left happy:1036316054:

CH Robinson has been doing that for a long time. No need for docks, as it delivers enroute.

i've seen these truckload guys pulling LTL freight all over NYC for a while now. what a clusterf*ck it looks like. trucks too long for certain neighborhoods, no liftgates, customers with no docks. saw a guy in Queens struggling one day. customer approached me with 50 bucks to help. long story short, freight was put onto my liftgate and i lowered it. everyone left happy:1036316054:

Do you keep a Tip Tally also? (Asking for Maxipad)

Yes that works in slower times for FTL carriers, been happening for decades. Truckload & stop off is the term.
However many LTL's avoid these same large LTL shipments. In fact most LTL discounts end at 20,000 lbs. just to avoid these big shipments. They can cause running an extra line haul run and or an empty pulling in the opposite direction.
This was the JEVIC, New Century and a few other carriers business model.

It would not surprise me, that in the next 5 years or so, many LTL companies cut back or eliminate their sales force, and being literally pushed into using 3PL companies who are slowly gaining more and more customers ,and creating almost a bidding war for freight. 3PL's thrive on selling shippers and consignees that they can lower their freight costs. Whether LTL or truckload, they can always find someone willing to haul it cheaper than the next guy. Thanks to deregulation.
In the late 1970s, you could fly anywhere on the cheap, (Delta Air Lines) as long as you flew thru Atlanta. My Wife’s Uncle was a Biz Traveller. He often flew from Seattle to Portland thru Atlanta.

Yes that works in slower times for FTL carriers, been happening for decades. Truckload & stop off is the term.
However many LTL's avoid these same large LTL shipments. In fact most LTL discounts end at 20,000 lbs. just to avoid these big shipments. They can cause running an extra line haul run and or an empty pulling in the opposite direction.
This was the JEVIC, New Century and a few other carriers business model.
I spent 9 1/2 years with Jevic. They targeted the niche between more than ltl and not enough for a truckload. HEAVY emphasis on Haz-Mat

It's called competition. Better, faster, cheaper.