Yellow | Teamsters Back Proposal to Acquire Yellow Properties for a New LTL Company

The article mentions that this scam company will recover 65% of Yellow's business without so much as having a USDOT Number??
Why couldn't T Force capture that amount of business, they had more capacity than Next Century has and they are already a teamster company?
Or split that 65% of Yellow's business between ABF & T Force (I'm guessing about 25,000 daily shipments)
I don't understand why any carrier would start off wanting to be a teamster LTL carrier if all but 2 teamster carriers have gone out of business. What business persons looks at that statistic and thinks that is a great track record?

The article mentions that this scam company will recover 65% of Yellow's business without so much as having a USDOT Number??
Why couldn't T Force capture that amount of business, they had more capacity than Next Century has and they are already a teamster company?
Or split that 65% of Yellow's business between ABF & T Force (I'm guessing about 25,000 daily shipments)
I don't understand why any carrier would start off wanting to be a teamster LTL carrier if all but 2 teamster carriers have gone out of business. What business persons looks at that statistic and thinks that is a great track record?
Most of a customer’s freight is moved through a 3pl. The 3pl price shops to find best rate and takes a percentage for themselves. I would guess 75% of bills I saw were through a 3pl. Some were even through Transforce or XPO, and a Holland driver would show up.
Had a customer show me the rate one day, I usually picked up for that customer and it was given to YRC that day. Freight moved about 85 miles away. Holland was overnight and YRC was two days. YRC was about one dollar cheaper, this was within the last year.
Total rate was barely 2 dollars a mile if it was directly moved. YRC probably moved it 300 miles total and handled it through at least three different locations, maybe more, Holland would have moved it direct to the center. If we were all “ One Yellar” why set a rate to move it more, handle it more and delay getting paid later and charge less.
And people blame the Teamsters.

Most of a customer’s freight is moved through a 3pl. The 3pl price shops to find best rate and takes a percentage for themselves. I would guess 75% of bills I saw were through a 3pl. Some were even through Transforce or XPO, and a Holland driver would show up.
Had a customer show me the rate one day, I usually picked up for that customer and it was given to YRC that day. Freight moved about 85 miles away. Holland was overnight and YRC was two days. YRC was about one dollar cheaper, this was within the last year.
Total rate was barely 2 dollars a mile if it was directly moved. YRC probably moved it 300 miles total and handled it through at least three different locations, maybe more, Holland would have moved it direct to the center. If we were all “ One Yellar” why set a rate to move it more, handle it more and delay getting paid later and charge less.
100% fact. Saw the very same things at new penn

100% fact. Saw the very same things at new penn
It would not surprise me, that in the next 5 years or so, many LTL companies cut back or eliminate their sales force, and being literally pushed into using 3PL companies who are slowly gaining more and more customers ,and creating almost a bidding war for freight. 3PL's thrive on selling shippers and consignees that they can lower their freight costs. Whether LTL or truckload, they can always find someone willing to haul it cheaper than the next guy. Thanks to deregulation.

Yep, I saw many examples of this but the most poignant one was routing Omaha-bound freight from the west through Kansas City. Took an extra day, took it out of the way, and worst of all, it was my neighbor's company we USED TO haul the freight for. He was sympathetic when he pulled it from us but said that's what he had to do.

It would not surprise me, that in the next 5 years or so, many LTL companies cut back or eliminate their sales force, and being literally pushed into using 3PL companies who are slowly gaining more and more customers ,and creating almost a bidding war for freight. 3PL's thrive on selling shippers and consignees that they can lower their freight costs. Whether LTL or truckload, they can always find someone willing to haul it cheaper than the next guy. Thanks to deregulation.
If they keep “lowering their freight costs” they’re eventually going to run out of companies to haul it. Or it’s going to take 3 weeks for next day freight to get there because the cheap carrier is so backed up with freight. There is a basement to freight costs, 3PLs just don’t seem to realize it.

If they keep “lowering their freight costs” they’re eventually going to run out of companies to haul it. Or it’s going to take 3 weeks for next day freight to get there because the cheap carrier is so backed up with freight. There is a basement to freight costs, 3PLs just don’t seem to realize it.

They eventually will use carriers like these. Even the ATA encourages this. You know, the ATA, the trucking voice in Washington? The truck drivers friend.

Hence why Yellow is out of business. If you notice every public LTL carrier is reporting better yields.
In other words they are getting paid more per pound for the same effort. We are seeing this quarter over quarter.
I do believe Yellow was that dysfunctional as they were in survival mode and should have been shut down long ago. They created a market where they competed against themselves. Brilliant.
Just think of the damage Yellow was doing to the remainder of the industry because of their stupidity.
Yields have been steadily improving for about 3.5 years now. 3Pl's are paying more to move their shipments because the remaining carriers have good service products, understand the business and are not operating in survival mode...

They eventually will use carriers like these. Even the ATA encourages this. You know, the ATA, the trucking voice in Washington? The truck drivers friend.

R, you got that totally wrong! Whatever possessed you to think that the ATA is "the drivers' friend"? The ATA gets their dues money from trucking companies, not drivers who likely work for those companies. The ATA is the driver's friend ONLY to the extent that it benefits the company that is the ATA's dues-paying member.

R, you got that totally wrong! Whatever possessed you to think that the ATA is "the drivers' friend"? The ATA gets their dues money from trucking companies, not drivers who likely work for those companies. The ATA is the driver's friend ONLY to the extent that it benefits the company that is the ATA's dues-paying member.
Besides the teamsters union is supporting any Open Borders democrat! Barack Obama started Mexican Carriers crossing into America. Now they are the FMCSA's largest violators..... Jimmy Hoffa fought to elect Obama/Biden..
With millions of $$$$ in dues money....
Unfortunately truck drivers have no friends to lobby for them....

honestly, i did not see nor get introduced to a single sales person since probably before the pandemic. everything we did at new penn was directly thru 3PLS

It was a ha ha, Ted. I have said that for years that the ATA worries more about shippers, than trucking companies, and they have always been anti union. I need a break. Going to lunch.

It seems you don't know BRG.
Make another post and tell everyone that you've been had by the Bagman. :lmao:

Besides the teamsters union is supporting any Open Borders democrat! Barack Obama started Mexican Carriers crossing into America. Now they are the FMCSA's largest violators..... Jimmy Hoffa fought to elect Obama/Biden..
With millions of $$$$ in dues money....
Unfortunately truck drivers have no friends to lobby for them....
Reality check: Hoffa is no longer the teamster president. Another fact: Didn’t O'Brien just recently meet with former president Trump? Guess when you’re out of the game so long you tend to throw 💩 out & see what sticks.