ABF | The Contract

If your just a newbie, then you should do what most newbies do. Most newbies come in and listen so they can learn. They don't voice an opinion until they learn and know what's going on. If you do work for ABF you have not been here long enough to start the trouble that you are trying to start.
So what's the teamster time frame for a "newbie" to post his thoughts at his employers truckingboard? Been at abf a month now, and everybody just says "shut up, u don't understand". I pay dues, and work side by side with my brothers. I just think we could make this place even better

So what's the teamster time frame for a "newbie" to post his thoughts at his employers truckingboard? Been at abf a month now, and everybody just says "shut up, u don't understand". I pay dues, and work side by side with my brothers. I just think we could make this place even better

Until you have been officially brainwashed by the drones! Duh! Lol!

Starting to sound that way Stoney ! Good grief, the teamsters here are a reminder of how conway management talks to the employees. " shut up and don't say a word or your fired" " I'll have a moderator run u off if u don't think like me"

Starting to sound that way Stoney ! Good grief, the teamsters here are a reminder of how conway management talks to the employees. " shut up and don't say a word or your fired" " I'll have a moderator run u off if u don't think like me"

Don't worry, it's my experience that most Teamsters aren't drones. Most are pretty reasonable, open minded guys. Most these guys here are the extremist.

Trolling62, you don't have any brothers at ABF and you probably don't have any friends at Conway either. My mistake Stoney likes you.

Don't worry, it's my experience that most Teamsters aren't drones. Most are pretty reasonable, open minded guys. Most these guys here are the extremist.
i have to agree. My barn is nothing like these guys. We all work together and work hard. To not be like these teamster extremists is an accomplishment on my behalf. I don't want to entertain a thought of being on their miserable level. From the get go I said we voted for this contract, lets unite, and roll. No reason certain areas should have special privileges, but that's my opinion. I don't know if I've been here long enough to have one. I need to read the rules again in the forum.

Tell me who exactly is getting any special privileges? The contract is not passed until all supplements have been passed... Its called due process, but I wouldn't expect you to understand. BTW Why did you even say you came here if you don't want the teamsters or what they stand for? You might want to read the contract, and Teamster constitution, and then maybe then you may be able to understand it. I kind of doubt it though, you will probably have to have someone explain it to you...

You and your sidekick must be dumb and dumber in real life!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i have to agree. My barn is nothing like these guys. We all work together and work hard. To not be like these teamster extremists is an accomplishment on my behalf. I don't want to entertain a thought of being on their miserable level. From the get go I said we voted for this contract, lets unite, and roll. No reason certain areas should have special privileges, but that's my opinion. I don't know if I've been here long enough to have one. I need to read the rules again in the forum.
I hope you are wearing your work boots Trolling62, because you are spewing a lot of bull----!

Tell me who exactly is getting any special privileges? The contract is not passed until all supplements have been passed... Its called due process, but I wouldn't expect you to understand. BTW Why did you even say you came here if you don't want the teamsters or what they stand for? You might want to read the contract, and Teamster constitution, and then maybe then you may be able to understand it. I kind of doubt it though, you will probably have to have someone explain it to you...

when your employer, that pays your bills, is begging for financial concessions and your fellow teamster leaders agree, then you do what's right and trust the leadership that YOU pay for. These guys don't get it in the central supplement. Why? Is the leadership lying? Who do we trust?

If I were on my probation peroid I would ZIP my lip.
If I were only a casual I would sew my lip shut.
After probation call it as you see it....
Chicago Teamsters have always stood together and many a time held out and we all benefited from them.

when your employer, that pays your bills, is begging for financial concessions and your fellow teamster leaders agree, then you do what's right and trust the leadership that YOU pay for. These guys don't get it in the central supplement. Why? Is the leadership lying? Who do we trust?

The Guys in the Central do get it!!! They are not just fighting for themselves, What they win everybody should win. So you see it is not just for themselves...

There are 2 videos out from the company regarding their 90th year in business, and the picture they are painting is not the same as we have been told...Also you really need to read the financials, and once you do you will see 2+2 don't make 5... Get all the facts, then make a decision on whats best for your you, your family, and the Teamsters... I really hate to tell you this the IBT IS NOT YOUR FREIND!!! The leadership we have today will take care of their own best interest first, then if we end up getting something it will only be a bone they are throwing us...

You still don't work for ABF as a teamster, and I am sure of that!!! So you can believe what you want, but it always helps if you get the facts first, then make a educated decision...

Now Tell me again Why did you come over here knowing we are Teamsters if you don't believe in what it stands for?

Tell me now that you know all... What special privileges are the Central Region getting as you put it...

With a statement like this you sound just like management. What don't the Central supplement get?

The Guys in the Central do get it!!! They are not just fighting for themselves, What they win everybody should win. So you see it is not just for themselves...

There are 2 videos out from the company regarding their 90th year in business, and the picture they are painting is not the same as we have been told...Also you really need to read the financials, and once you do you will see 2+2 don't make 5... Get all the facts, then make a decision on whats best for your you, your family, and the Teamsters... I really hate to tell you this the IBT IS NOT YOUR FREIND!!! The leadership we have today will take care of their own best interest first, then if we end up getting something it will only be a bone they are throwing us...

You still don't work for ABF as a teamster, and I am sure of that!!! So you can believe what you want, but it always helps if you get the facts first, then make a educated decision...

The Guys in the Central do get it!!! They are not just fighting for themselves, What they win everybody should win. Get all the facts, then make a decision on whats best for your you, your family, and the Teamsters... I really hate to tell you this the IBT IS NOT YOUR FREIND!!! ...
Really? What about all the union truck lines that stood strong and folded up? Extremist Teamsters stood fast and where are them guys? How long are we gonna push the envelope of greed? Have you visited Detroit lately? How did the teamsters fair against Walker? Are you freakin blind? We can always get a non union job but these type of jobs are disappearing due to your type of mentality. Have a nice day... Rollin

Again I will ask where did anyone get any special privileges, now tell me what are the special privileges you are talking about? This time try using facts, instead of just what you think...

Now Tell me again Why did you come over here knowing we are Teamsters if you don't believe in what it stands for?

Tell me now that you know all... What special privileges are the Central Region getting as you put it...

With a statement like this you sound just like management. What don't the Central supplement get?

Really? What about all the union truck lines that stood strong and folded up? Extremist Teamsters stood fast and where are them guys? How long are we gonna push the envelope of greed? Have you visited Detroit lately? How did the teamsters fair against Walker? Are you freakin blind? We can always get a non union job but these type of jobs are disappearing due to your type of mentality. Have a nice day... Rollin

Tell me about this greed you are talking about if you can and who is pushing the envelope of greed as you claim... We are not talking about other company's, we are talking about ABF... Try to stay on subject if you can...

Why did you come here TROLLIN knowing we are Teamsters if you don't believe in what it stands for?

All the other regions agreed for splitting the week vacation. That's fine and dandy, but nooooo, the central region has to drag their knuckles causing our employer to Lose more customers jacking with this region. Sweeton and Tyson , our leaders may I add, advised us this is it. Wtf? A few bad apples always spoil the whole bunch. Damn, we're still the highest paid with bennies in the industry. Mcreynolds is the lowest paid ceo in the industry. Come on man! We're gonna get everything back in 5 years anyway with profit sharing. I worked for the cut throat non union carrier. I know what were up against. We can't compete without change! Plain and simple.

All the other regions agreed for splitting the week vacation. That's fine and dandy, but nooooo, the central region has to drag their knuckles causing our employer to Lose more customers jacking with this region. Sweeton and Tyson , our leaders may I add, advised us this is it. Wtf? A few bad apples always spoil the whole bunch. Damn, we're still the highest paid with bennies in the industry. Mcreynolds is the lowest paid ceo in the industry. Come on man! We're gonna get everything back in 5 years anyway with profit sharing. I worked for the cut throat non union carrier. I know what were up against. We can't compete without change! Plain and simple.

No company has ever gotten the concessions back! dont think abf will be any different. Be glad a part of the work force can see that!!!!! In 4 years they will start priming us for an extension and u will probable be Rollin over for it!

You still did not answer the question!!! Where is the special treatment for the Central Region Teamsters? The contract is not passed till every supplement is passed... No special treatment here... Don't matter what other regions have done, this is their right and they are following what is in the contract and by laws...

NOW TELL ME AGAIN What special privileges are the Central Region getting as you put it...

Tell me about this greed you are talking about if you can and who is pushing the envelope of greed as you claim... We are not talking about other company's, we are talking about ABF... Try to stay on subject if you can...

If our leaders told you to jump over a cliff I guess you would just do it because you were told by our leaders...

The more you talk, the more you are sounding like management, or a kiss azz, so which is it?

Why did you come here TROLLIN knowing we are Teamsters if you don't believe in what it stands for?

We know you do not work for ABF!!! If you don't like how things are done, I suggest you just stay with conway...