FedEx Freight | Things may get spicy this peak season.

Has Amazon announced plans to begin 3rd party parcel and freight delivery? Not sure what market you live in, but the 6 Amazon warehouses here can’t find enough people to contract for delivery and linehaul so they’ve been using UPS (among many others) and the post office.

You’re right. Amazon is bigger than FedEx but they have completely different businesses that have a common denominator, a truck. If it was otherwise, Amazon would have purchased XPO, AAA Cooper, etc a long time ago.
Amazon has way more problems than FedEx does. As soon as the Fed started taking interest rates up Amazon announced “Uh we overbuilt our warehouse network.” And we are cancelling over 50 construction projects. Cheap money was their food to grow on.
As interest rates rise Amazon will continue to get into other businesses that do not require hard assets.

Has Amazon announced plans to begin 3rd party parcel and freight delivery? Not sure what market you live in, but the 6 Amazon warehouses here can’t find enough people to contract for delivery and linehaul so they’ve been using UPS (among many others) and the post office.

You’re right. Amazon is bigger than FedEx but they have completely different businesses that have a common denominator, a truck. If it was otherwise, Amazon would have purchased XPO, AAA Cooper, etc a long time ago.
Amazon has been using 3rd party parcel, and owner operators for quite a while already moving their cheap freight around the country. All those blue, leased trailers that have their logo on them are contracted operators.

Amazon has way more problems than FedEx does. As soon as the Fed started taking interest rates up Amazon announced “Uh we overbuilt our warehouse network.” And we are cancelling over 50 construction projects. Cheap money was their food to grow on.
As interest rates rise Amazon will continue to get into other businesses that do not require hard assets.
All FedEx has to do is merge their linehaul networks into 1 network. A lot is at stake here. There will be some pain for all of us. Some locations more than others but to continue as a transportation company it is necessary.
As interest rates continue to rise companies that we serve will lay off workers. That means less things are shipped on any FedEx truck. A proactive approach will cause pain in the near term. Rather than waiting and reacting as the world economy slowly grinds to a trickle.
Good luck to all of us.

Ok so nothing moves anymore before winter and spring next year.

Amazon is down to one sleepy transloading dock with a few people struggling to stay awake waiting for SOMEONE to click buy now on something.

In the old days we had a Sears Department store in NE Baltimore a gigantic 5 story monster with a three story basement any time they were less than 10 TV's in stock they called Thames street and had trucking go fetch it from the railroad or docks.

There was stuff constantly flowing to these big storage type warehousing to sit maybe a month or two until the stores sell the stuff. It will be a while

When I visit a Amazon warehouse if a box is not moving or being carried by Humans or whatever (In motion the suits think they are losing their shirts.)

These are also millenial managers too. Too young to remember a sleepy warehouse with two acres of stuff that will sell eventually at the store downtown.

Sears has been gone like 30 years, its a massive fortress Courthouse now. Nutcracking the parasites for daring to commit a misdemeanor offense.

Ok so nothing moves anymore before winter and spring next year.

Amazon is down to one sleepy transloading dock with a few people struggling to stay awake waiting for SOMEONE to click buy now on something.

In the old days we had a Sears Department store in NE Baltimore a gigantic 5 story monster with a three story basement any time they were less than 10 TV's in stock they called Thames street and had trucking go fetch it from the railroad or docks.

There was stuff constantly flowing to these big storage type warehousing to sit maybe a month or two until the stores sell the stuff. It will be a while

When I visit a Amazon warehouse if a box is not moving or being carried by Humans or whatever (In motion the suits think they are losing their shirts.)

These are also millenial managers too. Too young to remember a sleepy warehouse with two acres of stuff that will sell eventually at the store downtown.

Sears has been gone like 30 years, its a massive fortress Courthouse now. Nutcracking the parasites for daring to commit a misdemeanor offense.
I miss sears christmas wish book

All FedEx has to do is merge their linehaul networks into 1 network. A lot is at stake here. There will be some pain for all of us. Some locations more than others but to continue as a transportation company it is necessary.
As interest rates continue to rise companies that we serve will lay off workers. That means less things are shipped on any FedEx truck. A proactive approach will cause pain in the near term. Rather than waiting and reacting as the world economy slowly grinds to a trickle.
Good luck to all of us.
Everyone knows fedex is reactive not proactive

Yes the wish book.

I recall well the last one we had in our house I think in the early 80's before they quit making them for home delivery. A inch or so thick of everything.

What I really liked about those old stores was when you were ready to order up a predesigned house you paid one sum of money for everything, one or two boxcars showed up on railroad ave team track downtown near your new land site and in a time its built and ready to move in. This was back in the 20's and 30's

They still exist today in large numbers. Sears Houses was what they were called.

I still have some of grandma's S&H green stamps.
Oh god the ******* green stamps.

If there was ever a lure to get a tightfisted parent into the grocery store long enough to buy a few things outside of budget carefully accounting for the blessed things...

In those days everything was done manually. Count them one by one individually. No computers and a bit of waiting while everyone got caught up on the latest screw up by their husbands.

Once I got old enough to understand why she is hovering over the greenstamp book counting up for a particular item, I started shoehorning a few extra goodies saying its this many stamps for this and that.

She thought I was right fine sassy for engaging in that sort of conduct to score a few things normally not given out. In a chaotic family that was very dysfunctioning and quite awful that one parent was a saving grace in my life.

I wonder if any of them were in Cali facing the final hammer of the AB5 rule.

Toss the contractors and O/Os out onto their asses rather than face the State.