FedEx Freight | Things may get spicy this peak season.

That's for when fedex sells out to them. Sorry smoke I couldn't help myself!:poke:
So when the current evil empire and emperor, uncle Fred sell out, that means Amazon will be the new evil empire, with Bezos as emperor? For my money no empire will be as evil as FDX. They were horrific way before 2010 boys. Think 2004, 2005, can't express how much I would like to meet some of those telephone tough guys on the street right now.

There are over 100 Amazon tractors sitting in a lot in my city. They have been there over a year. All new Volvos and Peterbilts, all CNG engines. The fleet keeps growing, but no one is driving them. I mostly see Werner and Schneider trucks pulling Amazon trailers here.
95% (give or take) contractors pulling out of Chitcago. Used to see 50/50 up 75 in OH. One would think that’d be one of the best paying jobs. Accountability if nothing else.

95% (give or take) contractors pulling out of Chitcago. Used to see 50/50 up 75 in OH. One would think that’d be one of the best paying jobs. Accountability if nothing else.
Its not a Chiraqistan exclusive, They've been parking them all over the country for what looks like prep to convert to a company employee model instead of a contractor one.

So when the current evil empire and emperor, uncle Fred sell out, that means Amazon will be the new evil empire, with Bezos as emperor? For my money no empire will be as evil as FDX. They were horrific way before 2010 boys. Think 2004, 2005, can't express how much I would like to meet some of those telephone tough guys on the street right now.
FedEx net worth as of August 24, 2022 is $58.75B.

Amazon net worth as of August 22, 2022 is $1357.19B.

You haven't been paying attention.
15yrs ago, Amazon was selling books. They're 240x the size of Fx. They have the cash, liquid, and credit to do anything.
But Amazon does NOT have the labor or the operating capital not to mention the expertise to operate a logistics operation 5 times their existing size.
If anything they will abandon their fulfillment business. And let a well heeled operator run it profitably.

But Amazon does NOT have the labor or the operating capital not to mention the expertise to operate a logistics operation 5 times their existing size.
If anything they will abandon their fulfillment business. And let a well heeled operator run it

If anything they will abandon their fulfillment business. And let a well heeled operator run it profitably.
Dan Jenkins had a term for this, he called it ,"point missers".

There are over 100 Amazon tractors sitting in a lot in my city. They have been there over a year. All new Volvos and Peterbilts, all CNG engines. The fleet keeps growing, but no one is driving them. I mostly see Werner and Schneider trucks pulling Amazon trailers here.
They’re waiting for the UPS strike!

It’s driver appreciation week. We appreciate all the extra board drivers sitting at home, it’ll save us money on food for the folks that actually get to work. #fedexheros

IMG_20220922_224651933.md.jpg

Saw this guy headed south on US 31. I passed him around Peru, and he stopped at the Loves in Tipton. First time I've seen one in the wild. The lettering on the bottom of the door said "Seattle Choice Transport," and had their DOT #.

So it looks like Amazon is indeed leasing these tractors.

IMG_20220922_224651933.md.jpg

Saw this guy headed south on US 31. I passed him around Peru, and he stopped at the Loves in Tipton. First time I've seen one in the wild. The lettering on the bottom of the door said "Seattle Choice Transport," and had their DOT #.

So it looks like Amazon is indeed leasing these tractors.

What's that box on the back of it?

Contractors usually put ANYONE in a truck to keep it moving. My younger brother drove for one. Wonder why they do so poorly.