ABF | Time to pull out

I think you mean compensation, not comprehension. The point is, you keep saying how much better XPO is compensated than ABF. I posted our compensation for the Southern Region Supplement per hour and I asked you for the same for comparison. Are you going to prove GO40 right once again that you have no credibility?
When I was preparing my taxes the other day, after you factor in what XPO paid into my 401k and what they paid for healthcare my total compensation was a little over 109,000 and less then my previous year due to a drop in hours because of Covid. Do what you want to with that number.

When I was preparing my taxes the other day, after you factor in what XPO paid into my 401k and what they paid for healthcare my total compensation was a little over 109,000 and less then my previous year due to a drop in hours because of Covid. Do what you want to with that number.
Thank you for that fast response there TTP. So you were compensated roughly $109,000.00 for 2020. My total compensation for the year was $122,898.56, and there are several that I work with that made more than that. So, my math shows that I made roughly $13,898 more than you for the year. That comes up to an extra $267.27 per week, or $6.68 per hour. Not bad for someone that hooks doubles all day, huh. Still think that you are better compensated than I am?

Thank you for that fast response there TTP. So you were compensated roughly $109,000.00 for 2020. My total compensation for the year was $122,898.56, and there are several that I work with that made more than that. So, my math shows that I made roughly $13,898 more than you for the year. That comes up to an extra $267.27 per week, or $6.68 per hour. Not bad for someone that hooks doubles all day, huh. Still think that you are better compensated than I am?
It depends on how many hours you work, like I said there several weeks where I didn't work 40 hours. We have guys making 109,000 before you factor in their retirement and healthcare so I fail to see point. I could make more if I wanted but I chose city and to have a life outside of work. After doing some math it averages about 46.37/hr for everything added in

Last edited:
It depends on how many hours you work, like I said there several weeks where I didn't work 40 hours. We have guys making 109,000 before you factor in their retirement and healthcare so I fail to see point. I could make more if I wanted but I chose city and to have a life outside of work. After doing some math it averages about 46.37/hr for everything added in
We have one city driver that went over $100,000 back in October of 2020 just on his pay wages alone. We have many road drivers making well over $150,000 a year figuring in pension and insurance. And I would be more than happy to compare the quality of our insurance compared to XPO's.

We have one city driver that went over $100,000 back in October of 2020 just on his pay wages alone. We have many road drivers making well over $150,000 a year figuring in pension and insurance. And I would be more than happy to compare the quality of our insurance compared to XPO's.
That's great for them, I'm happy with what I made and the quality of life I enjoy. If I was only concerned about money I could make more by doing more hours, someone making 100000 in the city with ABFs pay wouldn't have much of a life working 60+ hours you'd have to work to make that

Last edited:
Hookman, I was just curious if you chose that name because you used to be a hostler at some point hooking trailers (doubles) together. That is the job I have been doing for the past 10 years here at ABF.
Yes sir it is get em hooked & out the gate. then take a break. Lol back them gears baby. Someone already had the "yard dog" moniker.

Last edited:
Wow peachy you got a big raise! Congrats.... https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/posts/1560739/
You said it was less than the previous year which even with the link you posted is still a lie....Last time I checked 109 k (post 323) was more not less than the about 101 of the previous year.....truth doesn't matter to you peachy....and the 4700 in pto is already figured in when you do the 52 weeks of 40 hour salary as their is only 52 weeks in a year...

Last edited:
You said it was less than the previous year which even with the link you posted is still a lie....Last time I checked 109 k (post 323) was more not less than the about 101 of the previous year.....truth doesn't matter to you peachy....and the 4700 in pto is already figured in when you do the 52 weeks of 40 hour salary as their is only 52 weeks in a year...
Peachy talking about truth is a real hoot!!!!! LMFAO
You know when you turn the page it’s the same old lies and bull ****
Yes I worked less hours last year then the previous year, but have also had 2 raises, and like that whole thread on the union board you guys break down your total comprension including holidays, sick time and vacation time. You take that out of the equation and your total would be less. A better comparison is averaged out hourly wage which I posted earlier
Post in thread 'Time to pull out' https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/time-to-pull-out.110758/post-1627256
Post in thread 'Time to pull out' https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/time-to-pull-out.110758/post-1626249

Yes I worked less hours last year then the previous year, but have also had 2 raises, and like that whole thread on the union board you guys break down your total comprension including holidays, sick time and vacation time. You take that out of the equation and your total would be less. A better comparison is averaged out hourly wage which I posted earlier
Post in thread 'Time to pull out' https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/time-to-pull-out.110758/post-1627256
Post in thread 'Time to pull out' https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/time-to-pull-out.110758/post-1626249
Wrong again as usual.....Read this slower so you can understand it...the company gives us compensation statements, so they take our wages then add all pto..then they show pension payments and insurance....Our company is giving us a factual accounting of every penny that we earned....wonder why XPO doesn't do that for you guys???....you on the other hand multiplied it by 52 and then added in pto.....as an example if you took 4 weeks of vacation you got paid for it in pto, but with your funny math you multiply it by 52 so you paid yourself twice for those four weeks...do you comprehend that?

Last edited:
Wrong again as usual.....Read this slower so you can understand it...the company gives us compensation statements, so they take our wages then add all pto..then they show pension payments and insurance....Our company is giving us a factual accounting of every penny that we earned....wonder why XPO doesn't do that for you guys???....you on the other hand multiplied it by 52 and then added in pto.....as an example if you took 4 weeks of vacation you got paid for it in pto, but with your funny math you multiply it by 52 so you paid yourself twice for those four weeks...do you comprehend that?
You know what they say ABF381. Figures don't lie, but liars figure !!!
I am sure that TTP is smarter than the rest of us figuring his "comprehension".
Whoops!! I mean "compensation".

Last edited:
Do your numbers on a 40 hour week no overtime....
Only problem with that is he will lie....its who he is.....win at all costs even if its not true...like he didn't know he shouldn't have two names.....he denied and lied about it, and called you a liar when you were right.....At least he admits he's a liar....lol. https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/posts/1571625/

I have been in the Teamsters union for over 15 years but I am seriously considering pulling out. Georgia is a right to work state therefore they can not force me to be in it. I am sick and tired of the unions automatically supporting the damn democrat party. Just look what Biden did his first day in office, he killed thousands of union jobs but the unions still back him. I think I will send my withdrawal papers though on Monday, you can call me a scab for leaving and I will call you dumb ass for staying.