ABF | Time to pull out

Yes, Goober, I'll admit, you really rattled my cage.
Why do you think I had to spend Super Bowl Sunday in a shrinks office?
I think you should at least admit to a few lies.
Each time you post, it reminds me of a seagull, (eat, sleep, crap and squawk)
You should know the old saying, ( children should be seen and not heard)
You need to go outside and shoot marbles with the other kids.
Can you say “shoot” anymore?

Why? Why should anyone remain in a union that doesn't want to? Why should anyone be able to take money from me without my consent?
Don't give me that freeloader crap! I own guns, should the NRA be able to take my money without asking? Is AARP entitled to part of my Social Security?
They’re not TAKING your money if you’re getting something for it. What you’re getting is this: A very affordable, if not free, healthcare plan for you and your family, contributions to a pension plan at NO cost to you, and working rules that allow you to advance and bid on start times and vacation based on your seniority, plus a voice in the workplace rules and third-party representation. As for the NRA, they’re bankrupt...so yes, you might want to GIVE them your money.

Like I said before I'm quite happy with my insurance. With what my company contributes to my HSA and the interest it collects,I haven't had any out of pocket expenses. Thanks for worrying about me
Can you back that up with proof? Let’s get down to the nuts and bolts here...how much do you PAY for your employers health plan? The only way you could beat ABF’s plan is if your company paid YOU for YOUR medical premium. There is no non-union trucking company that pays 100% of the premiums that I know of.

Can you back that up with proof? Let’s get down to the nuts and bolts here...how much do you PAY for your employers health plan? The only way you could beat ABF’s plan is if your company paid YOU for YOUR medical premium. There is no non-union trucking company that pays 100% of the premiums that I know of.
He will back that up by lying and telling you that is so....and just for him being such a good "driver" they pay all his premiums...win at all costs...heck back when he started they paid him 4 dollars an hour more than the other newbies....lol

The key word in my post was out of pocket, yes I pay $39 a week for healthcare which is very affordable compared to some other places I've worked. The money they've contributed to my HSA has covered what out of pocket expenses I've had so far. If you don't want to pay some on your healthcare that's your chose but even UPS freight pays some for theirs and they get a higher way then XPO and ABF

The key word in my post was out of pocket, yes I pay $39 a week for healthcare which is very affordable compared to some other places I've worked. The money they've contributed to my HSA has covered what out of pocket expenses I've had so far. If you don't want to pay some on your healthcare that's your chose but even UPS freight pays some for theirs and they get a higher way then XPO and ABF
But how is ups pension compared to xpo? Honest question because I have no clue....

But how is ups pension compared to xpo? Honest question because I have no clue....
I don't know either but I will ask my friend that works there. I do know he's not happy with what he has to pay for his kids insulin, he voted no just because of that on their last contract

From what I am reading on the XPO thread "INSURANCE INCREASES", you should be concentrating your time on educating your co-workers about how to get the most out of their XPO Insurance rather than trying to spread your de-certification garbage on this board. $900-single/$1800-family deductibles and $5000-single/$10,000-family out of pocket expense is absolutely horrendous. Also, explain to me why some areas have Overtime pay after 40-hours a week while others don't get Overtime pay until after 50-hours a week.

From what I am reading on the XPO thread "INSURANCE INCREASES", you should be concentrating your time on educating your co-workers about how to get the most out of their XPO Insurance rather than trying to spread your de-certification garbage on this board. $900-single/$1800-family deductibles and $5000-single/$10,000-family out of pocket expense is absolutely horrendous. Also, explain to me why some areas have Overtime pay after 40-hours a week while others don't get Overtime pay until after 50-hours a week.
XPO contributes $1000/yr to your HRA so you don't pay anything until you go over that. I have to pay a deductible for my car and home insurance, so why not my health insurance

XPO contributes $1000/yr to your HRA so you don't pay anything until you go over that. I have to pay a deductible for my car and home insurance, so why not my health insurance
TeamCare is fully paid for through our Teamsters Union Contract. Our deductible is $200-single/$400-family. Our Out-Of-Pocket cost is $1000-single/$2000-family. If you are paying XPO's rate for deductibles for your car insurance, you should probably look for different car insurance.Do I need to continue about our insurance compared to XPO's or do you get my point?

Just gonna throw this in here. Had a co worker had an accident. Jackknife. He was speeding too fast for conditions. Been a union member since day 1 and has 10 years with no accidents or discipline issues. Will the union have a case getting him back on or will he have a hard time getting his job back.

Just gonna throw this in here. Had a co worker had an accident. Jackknife. He was speeding too fast for conditions. Been a union member since day 1 and has 10 years with no accidents or discipline issues. Will the union have a case getting him back on or will he have a hard time getting his job back.
It will depend on how his case is presented by his business agent and the circumstances of the accident. If it is proven that he was on his cell phone at the time of the accident, his chances are not good. But, like I said before, it will depend on all the circumstances. Our business agent here out of Local #878 is a wizard with a magic wand. He has won cases or settled cases in the favor of the brother accused that no one thought he had a chance with. Hopefully, your business agent has a magic wand as well.

But do YOU contribute to your HSA?

Oooof! Wrong attitude to have on the deductible thing. You’re probably more likely to pay out on a medical deductible than a car/home policy. Besides, you can’t ‘negotiate’ with car/home insurance companies, nor do you have a third-party to negotiate FOR you. The Teamsters negotiate that sort of thing FOR you.

TeamCare is fully paid for through our Teamsters Union Contract. Our deductible is $200-single/$400-family. Our Out-Of-Pocket cost is $1000-single/$2000-family. If you are paying XPO's rate for deductibles for your car insurance, you should probably look for different car insurance.Do I need to continue about our insurance compared to XPO's or do you get my point?
XPO health insurance is comparable to most other plans offered at trucking companies, here's FedEX health insurance https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:0db2e014-ff4c-4514-983f-6ffb0f7b2a2f#pageNum=17
Like I said before, brag all you about your union negotiated healthcare but one day it will be banned we they pass universal healthcare then you're be stuck will lower pay and a broken pension and nothing to brag about

Last edited:
XPO health insurance is comparable to most other plans offered at trucking companies, here's FedEX health insurance https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:0db2e014-ff4c-4514-983f-6ffb0f7b2a2f#pageNum=17
Like I said before, brag all you about your union negotiated healthcare but one day it will be banned we they pass universal healthcare then you're be stuck will lower pay and a broken pension and nothing to brag about
I get it now......its bragging when a union member states facts, but when you post a hypothetical about universal health care and some broken pensions (which you have been told a million times we aren't all in CSPF) it's a true statement... Got it now

As I stated way back in post #147 (to you), and in post #151 (to Razorblade), if the Medicare For All or Universal Health Care every did happen, what is left of the money that is currently paid by ABF for our health care to TeamCare ($10.85 per hour) will be negotiated into other parts of our contract (wages, PTO, bonuses, etc.). XPO however, has no binding contract to their employees. So guess who will be paying for the Medicare For All or Universal Health Care if it does happen. You and your co-workers (wage/benefit reductions). So, you should be careful what you wish for there Peach Pit. You just might get it.