Yellow | Trucking, labor haggle over driver work rules

Argumentative and paranoid. I prescribe 1 ml of Ativan and a nap.
You are all over the place. You can't rant about government/corporate control in one post and defend a regulated industry in another.
You want my view of utopia, here's how it goes. Start with eliminating the income tax and replacing it with a sales tax. When people bring home every dollar they earn and start paying taxes at the cash register, they will demand an end to runaway government spending. Everyone pays something but the more you spend, the more you pay. The wealthy would still pay the majority of taxes. It's progressive. Corporations, large and small, would pay nothing. Imagine a United States with no corporate income tax. The largest companies in the world would come here and bring tens of thousands jobs.
Government control? Yes, just like we have today. OSHA, EPA, all the other alphabets and the Labor Relations Act of 1935 that created the unions. In addition, I would add a hybrid national healthcare system based on the current Medicare system and Britain's National Health System.
It's nobody's "idea" to automate everything. It's simple math. When human labor is more expensive than machines, machines replace humans. Pallets and forklifts replaced thousands of jobs. should your next contract eliminate forklifts? I'm on the board of my condo association. Do we pay 20 guys with push mowers to cut and trim our 4 acres or do we hire a company that uses 3 men and professional equipment at a lower cost? Your job security depends on a profitable company that can do more with less. Freight companies cannot control rates, they can only control costs. When costs exceed revenue, the company fails and you are out of work.
So what is your remedy for making Yellow a strong profitable corporation?:regretful:

You never stopped reading. You just have no reasonable and rational response. It's not 1960 anymore. The rest of the world has recovered from the devastation of WW2 and has become competitive. The United States is committing economic self destruction by refusing to balance budgets and replace a tax structure that was implemented in 1913.
China? yes China will be the dominate power within 10 years. China already has a middle class larger than the entire population of North America and still growing. 1.5 billion consumers live in China. More cars are sold in China than in America. China has a larger and more modern Navy than the United States and the ability to bankrupt us by selling off the 1.1 trillion dollars of U.S. debt that they now hold. China has found a way to make limited capitalism and one party rule work to their advantage. The Chinese government is authoritarian but it's also stable. Business knows what the rules are in China. Here the rules, regulations and the cost of doing business change with every new administration.
But that's okay. Just ignore the facts and pretend that all of our problems are caused by the evil corporations and the shareholders who own them.
So let me get this straight, you are now an organizer for the red chinese communist party?:wtflol::thumbsdown::cuss::452:

I am still trying to figure out how we went from a discussion/debate about Unions and Labor being over paid and not adapting to change (Razorblades opinion) to China taking over the world. I never knew the Teamsters had that kind of power. LOL!!

You never stopped reading. You just have no reasonable and rational response. It's not 1960 anymore. The rest of the world has recovered from the devastation of WW2 and has become competitive. The United States is committing economic self destruction by refusing to balance budgets and replace a tax structure that was implemented in 1913.
China? yes China will be the dominate power within 10 years. China already has a middle class larger than the entire population of North America and still growing. 1.5 billion consumers live in China. More cars are sold in China than in America. China has a larger and more modern Navy than the United States and the ability to bankrupt us by selling off the 1.1 trillion dollars of U.S. debt that they now hold. China has found a way to make limited capitalism and one party rule work to their advantage. The Chinese government is authoritarian but it's also stable. Business knows what the rules are in China. Here the rules, regulations and the cost of doing business change with every new administration.
But that's okay. Just ignore the facts and pretend that all of our problems are caused by the evil corporations and the shareholders who own them.
Best post yet to not have our nation following the " business is in business to make money" theory.
This is what they did with it.
Not all freedoms are good freedoms imo.
Like "freedom to sell out your nation for personal profits and power."
It's borderline treason. And has been going on a very long time.
And they do it with little catchy phrases like businesses need freedom. Or need the freedom to make money.

I doubt China allows them to sellout China while they are doing business in China .......yet we let them do it and help them do it to our country very eagerly....all in the name of freedom and liberty.
Use your freedom and liberty to usher a Communist nation to the top nation of the world.
We have some very stupid and very insane people.

So let me get this straight, you are now an organizer for the red chinese communist party?:wtflol::thumbsdown::cuss::452:
The Chinese don't need my help. They have the United States Congress.
The Chinese build a military based on strategic needs. We spend our military budget making sure every congressional district has a base. We build planes, like the C 130 that the air force doesn't want or need, M1 tanks that are obsolete because of helicopter gunships and 13 billion dollar aircraft carriers that can be taken out with a million dollar missile just to create jobs.

Best post yet to not have our nation following the " business is in business to make money" theory.
This is what they did with it.
Not all freedoms are good freedoms imo.
Like "freedom to sell out your nation for personal profits and power."
It's borderline treason. And has been going on a very long time.
And they do it with little catchy phrases like businesses need freedom. Or need the freedom to make money.

I doubt China allows them to sellout China while they are doing business in China .......yet we let them do it and help them do it to our country very eagerly....all in the name of freedom and liberty.
Use your freedom and liberty to usher a Communist nation to the top nation of the world.
We have some very stupid and very insane people.
The Chinese build a military based on strategic needs. We spend our military budget making sure every congressional district has a base. We build planes, like the C 130 that the air force doesn't want or need, M1 tanks that are obsolete because of helicopter gunships and 13 billion dollar aircraft carriers that can be taken out with a million dollar missile just to create jobs.
Rumor has it, there is some sort of political forum, where you can start your own thread and discuss ad infinitum.

Elwood is right. This is Yellow forum.
I will see you in the DC forums.