FedEx Freight | Unionize

You don't find it a little weird that a company would wait 2 years to have an issue with something like COVID?
I don’t know the exact timeline or what xpo’s policy on how they pay for Covid or when they stopped paying for it, but it started when he came back. They didn’t wait that long to retaliate against him. He was asking me how Abf was & that’s the reason he was thinking about leaving….

Paper trail is stronger than spoken word. It's why they eased up when they realized he has witnesses.
Witnesses or not, if it was XPO policy to pay the man for his time off for Covid, there should have been no harassment to begin with. What did they want him to do? Continue working and expose everyone else around him? And he claimed that Human Resources was harassing him as well? Like GO40 said, we have a grievance procedure here at ABF to deal with this kind of behavior from management. And business agents to deal with management and Human Resources directly when needed.

Witnesses or not, if it was XPO policy to pay the man for his time off for Covid, there should have been no harassment to begin with. What did they want him to do? Continue working and expose everyone else around him? And he claimed that Human Resources was harassing him as well? Like GO40 said, we have a grievance procedure here at ABF to deal with this kind of behavior from management. And business agents to deal with management and Human Resources directly when needed.

I agree with that. I just don't think the story makes sense and there's probably more to it. It's not believable that somebody is getting harassed for taking off for having COVID 2 years ago, especially when the chances are pretty high (considering the area) that a good portion of the staff has been out with COVID at some time or another. I wouldn't believe him, but thats just me.

This guy claimed a lot of things. Human resources harassed him for taking off with COVID.... Not buying it. Especially if it's an EOL center where's there's some separation between HR and building management.

I agree with that. I just don't think the story makes sense and there's probably more to it. It's not believable that somebody is getting harassed for taking off for having COVID 2 years ago, especially when the chances are pretty high (considering the area) that a good portion of the staff has been out with COVID at some time or another. I wouldn't believe him, but thats just me.

This guy claimed a lot of things. Human resources harassed him for taking off with COVID.... Not buying it. Especially if it's an EOL center where's there's some separation between HR and building management.
The discipline did not happen 2 years later, it happened when he got back. He was looking into a new employer because they left a bad taste with him. I thought I tried to explain this point of harassment started when he came back from Covid NOT two years later….

The discipline did not happen 2 years later, it happened when he got back. He was looking into a new employer because they left a bad taste with him. I thought I tried to explain this point of harassment started when he came back from Covid NOT two years later….

There's no timeline for "when he got back". Most companies no longer pay 2 weeks, so I assumed this was sometime before December or January. How were they treating him before he got COVID? Was that discussed?

Regardless, my issue with it is that it doesn't make sense for a company to target a single employee for coming down with something a majority of the building also got and got paid for.

You can put total faith in it, if you want to and let this guy put your name down as a reference, but it's not believable.

I believe that management will target employees for different reasons, I've had and still have targets on me for the crap I pull, but COVID isn't one of them and I've never heard from anyone else that they were retaliated against for having COVID.

Don't take it personal, I ask a lot of questions. Especially if it's somebody I never met before telling me a sob story. Everybody's hiring right now, if it's that bad leave. Why stay and deal with it?

Too many red flags, I'm just trying to point them out to you.

He said HR was harassing him because they had to pay him for two weeks. So who is he going to email….Companies don’t like handing out money for nothing especially when they are busy….
All those wages for COVID pay were covered by the US government. So it really only cost FXF the productivity that could have been gained by a full workforce. The cost of wages was covered. Just as the cost of the vaccine was 100% covered by the the federal government.

All those wages for COVID pay were covered by the US government. So it really only cost FXF the productivity that could have been gained by a full workforce. The cost of wages was covered. Just as the cost of the vaccine was 100% covered by the the federal government.
Unless I was mis-informed by my employer, that is not correct. Here at ABF, if we missed any time for Covid, the only pay we received was Short Term Disability which is about 25% to 30% of a 40 hour paycheck. If the government was reimbursing the time off for Covid, I am pretty sure that it would apply to all employers and not just a few like FedEx or XPO. You are correct that the vaccine was covered by the government, but not the two weeks of pay.

The government paid for COVID leave until December 31, 2020..After that, it was optional. IIRC they received a tax credit for paying employees, but I'm not sure.

The government paid for COVID leave until December 31, 2020..After that, it was optional. IIRC they received a tax credit for paying employees, but I'm not sure.
I will do some more research, but all the cases we had here at ABF in Little Rock were not paid time off by the government at any time. Like I stated, the only pay that we received was thru Covid Short Term Disability provided by our insurance, and it was only 25% to 30% of a forty hour check. At no point did the government provide two weeks of full pay for Covid to ABF employees. I think that was just a company thing. I hope you are right and I am wrong as we have fifty plus people that would love to be reimbursed for their time off due to testing positive for Covid before or after December 31, 2020.

I will do some more research, but all the cases we had here at ABF in Little Rock were not paid time off by the government at any time. Like I stated, the only pay that we received was thru Covid Short Term Disability provided by our insurance, and it was only 25% to 30% of a forty hour check. At no point did the government provide two weeks of full pay for Covid to ABF employees. I think that was just a company thing. I hope you are right and I am wrong as we have fifty plus people that would love to be reimbursed for their time off due to testing positive for Covid before or after December 31, 2020.
I was off all last week with Covid…. Government paid nothing.