FedEx Freight | Unionize

I will do some more research, but all the cases we had here at ABF in Little Rock were not paid time off by the government at any time. Like I stated, the only pay that we received was thru Covid Short Term Disability provided by our insurance, and it was only 25% to 30% of a forty hour check. At no point did the government provide two weeks of full pay for Covid to ABF employees. I think that was just a company thing. I hope you are right and I am wrong as we have fifty plus people that would love to be reimbursed for their time off due to testing positive for Covid before or after December 31, 2020.

Looking into it, government legislation required companies with 50-500 employees compensate employees for 40 hours at their regular hourly rate for quarantining per government guidelines.

Companies with over 500 employees were not required to pay employees for quarantining.

Looking into it, government legislation required companies with 50-500 employees compensate employees for 40 hours at their regular hourly rate for quarantining per government guidelines.

Companies with over 500 employees were not required to pay employees for quarantining.
Thank you for the clarification and the research S69. I was about to go hog wild getting back pay for all of my co-workers that have tested positive for Covid. Like I said, we have had well over 50 cases reported here at the Rock since this pandemic first started.

I will do some more research, but all the cases we had here at ABF in Little Rock were not paid time off by the government at any time. Like I stated, the only pay that we received was thru Covid Short Term Disability provided by our insurance, and it was only 25% to 30% of a forty hour check. At no point did the government provide two weeks of full pay for Covid to ABF employees. I think that was just a company thing. I hope you are right and I am wrong as we have fifty plus people that would love to be reimbursed for their time off due to testing positive for Covid before or after December 31, 2020.
Maybe I should clarify… the feds paid COVID missed work claims filed by those deemed to be essential workers at 100%. That is reimbursed to the company they work for after claim was filed by said company. Company check actually backed by federal govt.

Thank you for the clarification and the research S69. I was about to go hog wild getting back pay for all of my co-workers that have tested positive for Covid. Like I said, we have had well over 50 cases reported here at the Rock since this pandemic first started.

My mistake... It's a weird parameter, but thats the government. Good stuff sticking up for your guys like that. They're lucky to have you have their back.

My mistake... It's a weird parameter, but thats the government. Good stuff sticking up for your guys like that. They're lucky to have you have their back.
Good of you to tell SOR thanks, shop stewards don't hear that very often. :1036316054:

Why can’t the other union ltl company left standing (from my tax dollars) contribute to the pension fund? Am I mistaken or did yrc finally start paying into the fund again? You would think they could at least buy some decent equipment with all the money they are not paying in

Here is what I am not able to follow: most union ltl carriers with exception of ABF and Tforce (we will see how they fare) have either gone belly up or were bailed out from that fate. Union ltl carriers dominated the industry 30 years ago with the exception of AF. Why go backwards? If unions are good for ltl then why didn’t they flourish and continue to dominate?
Short answer….deregulation in 1980. Industry was almost entirely unionized in the regulated environment. One by one , union carriers started to fall by the wayside once it became a deregulated free market. For whatever reason they had a hard time being competitive

Why can’t the other union ltl company left standing (from my tax dollars) contribute to the pension fund? Am I mistaken or did yrc finally start paying into the fund again? You would think they could at least buy some decent equipment with all the money they are not paying in

Here is what I am not able to follow: most union ltl carriers with exception of ABF and Tforce (we will see how they fare) have either gone belly up or were bailed out from that fate. Union ltl carriers dominated the industry 30 years ago with the exception of AF. Why go backwards? If unions are good for ltl then why didn’t they flourish and continue to dominate?
Back in the 70's,and 80's, union carriers were content with OR's in the 90's. When the non union companies started to emerge after deregulation, the companies and the union did not try to adapt to changes in the industry to compete. The biggest disadvantage was the company and union did not try to streamline work rules, change from the hub and spoke distribution system, upgrade to a more efficient direct loading and relay system. Too much handling of freight creates more damage, and kills service. And paying 2 people to do one job, with 1 person sitting in the breakroom, getting paid to complain, while someone else is getting paid for hooking, loading, fueling, or wasting more time does not help either. Nor would I want to guess how many millions YRC has paid the banks in interest payments the last 15 years.

Now is a great time to unionize FedEx Freight. There's a driver shortage in the industry. They can't make you separate or look for a reason to separate you from the company to unionize. All of you drivers deserve to get better healthcare benefits, a pension and LEGAL protection. Once you get a union in, you will be under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Right now is the time to unionize.
Go ahead and start one and see how far you go with that! been there and the workers spoke! the union isn't going to do ::shit:: but make it worse.

Go ahead and start one and see how far you go with that! been there and the workers spoke! the union isn't going to do **** but make it worse.
Form a new union with new leadership not corrupted by power yet and it may not be worse. Teamsters? Can you say YRC? UAW? Meh, too big to be interested in ltl. Freight engineers union! There ya go

Now is a great time to unionize FedEx Freight. There's a driver shortage in the industry. They can't make you separate or look for a reason to separate you from the company to unionize. All of you drivers deserve to get better healthcare benefits, a pension and LEGAL protection. Once you get a union in, you will be under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Right now is the time to unionize.
No

Form a new union with new leadership not corrupted by power yet and it may not be worse. Teamsters? Can you say YRC? UAW? Meh, too big to be interested in ltl. Freight engineers union! There ya go
That has been tried before UPGF went teamsters a startup called APWA tried. Its expensive takes a ton of volunteers willing to come out of pocket to travel the country. It can be done but it's very difficult. Everyone will point out the teamsters short comings but I can honestly say the new leadership seems to have balls and integrity.

That has been tried before UPGF went teamsters a startup called APWA tried. Its expensive takes a ton of volunteers willing to come out of pocket to travel the country. It can be done but it's very difficult. Everyone will point out the teamsters short comings but I can honestly say the new leadership seems to have balls and integrity.
Read this:

Once you get a union in, you will be under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Right now is the time to unionize.
That is not true. An election supervised by the National Labor Relation Board does not put you under contract. All the election does is certify the union as your bargaining agent. It can take years to get that first contract.

The why behind this post is so insistent that politics and unions divest them selves of each other is simple. My spiritual beliefs clash with democrat party politics. As long as infanticide is part of dem party platform my conscience won’t allow me be in support of them and since unions almost always give to democrats in can’t have anything to do with them. There are some people who still stand on principle
That is why we need a national right to work law. Union leadership will not listen to members until members control the money.

Some of our terminals tried this a few years ago. It did not work out for them as I remember.

If I go union, at what point in my retirement will I be asked to take a pay cut due to lack of funds in the pension?