Yellow | Vaccine mandate

Those are local and state laws, which the 9th and 10th Amendments cover. FEDERAL mandates aren’t allowed under our US Constitution, and per the 1905 SCOTUS Decision on mandates.
Jacobson vs Massachusetts does NOT prohibit federal vaccine mandates. There is no mention of the federal government in that ruling. Pastor Jacobson did not sue the United States, he sued Massachusetts. The ruling does say, "There are manifold restraints to which every person is necessarily subject for the common good".

Jacobson vs Massachusetts does NOT prohibit federal vaccine mandates. There is no mention of the federal government in that ruling. Pastor Jacobson did not sue the United States, he sued Massachusetts. The ruling does say, "There are manifold restraints to which every person is necessarily subject for the common good".
The decision found that State Legislatures could mandate (because of the 10th Amendment). The 10th Amendment excludes the Federal Government from using Executive Powers for such.

The liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States does not import an absolute right in each person to be at all times, and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint, nor is it an element in such liberty that one person, or a minority of persons residing in any community and enjoying the benefits of its local government, should have power to dominate the majority when supported in their action by the authority of the State.

It is within the police power of a State to enact a compulsory vaccination law, and it is for the legislature, and not for the courts, to determine[/][/]

as you said- the Federal Government is not mentioned. We are supposed to be a Republic of States, and State Legislature make laws. We are NOT supposed to be a US (mob ruled) Democracy.

(the last paragraph is my post, and I haven’t figured out why it is also underlined, nor how to undo that part!!!!!)

d1784b418d06d6230288ef1a1fbb8070.jpg
So did we wear a mask back in 1963 for the Measles ?? And did the media talk no-stop about it too back in 1963 ?

The decision found that State Legislatures could mandate (because of the 10th Amendment). The 10th Amendment excludes the Federal Government from using Executive Powers for such.

The liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States does not import an absolute right in each person to be at all times, and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint, nor is it an element in such liberty that one person, or a minority of persons residing in any community and enjoying the benefits of its local government, should have power to dominate the majority when supported in their action by the authority of the State.

It is within the police power of a State to enact a compulsory vaccination law, and it is for the legislature, and not for the courts, to determine[/][/]

as you said- the Federal Government is not mentioned. We are supposed to be a Republic of States, and State Legislature make laws. We are NOT supposed to be a US (mob ruled) Democracy.

(the last paragraph is my post, and I haven’t figured out why it is also underlined, nor how to undo that part!!!!!)
Now, after having posted that- I will admit- with the Roberts led SCOTUS, all bets are off that Roberts expands that to the Fedreal Government ruling. He has done that before (i.e.- ObamaCare…..)

d1784b418d06d6230288ef1a1fbb8070.jpg
So did we wear a mask back in 1963 for the Measles ?? And did the media talk no-stop about it too back in 1963 ?
I don't recall wearing masks in 63, I'm not saying some did, just can't remember.
We never slowed below our 62mph hauling freight.
62 or 63 was the year of the Cuban Crisis, we ran with no logging, no speed limit, no hour restrictions for 2 or 3 weeks.
We stopped for no scales or checkpoints and shot the cops the bird if you were dumb enough.

There is a large difference between being correct and being effective. As an orthopaedic surgeon I learned long ago that telling patients what to do is less effective than informing them effectively about the consequences of the choices before them, and gently guiding them so they can make the correct choice willingly. Sometimes mandates are effective and necessary, such as vaccines for schoolchildren or for healthcare workers in at least some circumstances. What we are learning in motor trader is that telling people we are forcing them to do the right thing is sometimes not an effective technique for getting them to...

There is a large difference between being correct and being effective. As an orthopaedic surgeon I learned long ago that telling patients what to do is less effective than informing them effectively about the consequences of the choices before them, and gently guiding them so they can make the correct choice willingly. Sometimes mandates are effective and necessary, such as vaccines for schoolchildren or for healthcare workers in at least some circumstances. What we are learning in motor trader is that telling people we are forcing them to do the right thing is sometimes not an effective technique for getting them to...
You telling me you're an Orthopedic surgeon?
Next, you'll be saying you smart as us transfer drivers.
I already got my astronut license and am expecting my online brain surgin permit any day.

Hey doc you might want to learn how to spell orthopedic, must have copied it from your Nigerian license. :1036316054::17142: