ABF | Warning: This is a RUMOR I heard about ABF Systems

I was talking about coverage not revenue. So speaking of coverage I am correct. ABF is bigger than FXF, OD, and Estes.

lukepa was not talking about revenue. I take his statement as size.
Well by size that is not accurate either! FXF has 470 service centers, ABF has 290 service centers both companies serve all of North America, hawaii, mexico, puerto rico, and service to over 100 different countries around the world.

Hey Big Steve want to make a bet on that?
I work for UPGF and if UPS buys you all nothing will change think about it we or a old company with alot of years do you think that you will be able to come in and bump us think about it hard. SHEESH

Hey Big Steve want to make a bet on that?
I work for UPGF and if UPS buys you all nothing will change think about it we or a old company with alot of years do you think that you will be able to come in and bump us think about it hard. SHEESH

????????????????????????????????

Say Stimpy,not for nothing but what are you smoking?

All that I am trying to say is why do you think that there is going to be more buyouts???

My post; I heard that YRC was going to buy the man on the moon a bag of ice and a blender to make milk shakes!!!! He has to catch the cow first though.

Should have said, if he catches the cash cow (that is flying over the moon) first and get some of the milk. And the man on the moon, well it was suppose to be a (stupid) hypothetical situation, cause I don’t want to fall in the rumor mill too. (I do enough of that at my own work to my own fellow workers, they know it’s not true, just BS.)

With freight volumes down I don not see how anyone would or could buy any one else. All I see is a whole bunch of wishful speculation. The only ones you are worrying are the UPSF guys that are trying to get or be unionize, and they are just make a living also. I know all this talk of another company coming in and taking over or dovetailing would make me nervous, just my two cents again.

With freight volumes down I don not see how anyone would or could buy any one else. All I see is a whole bunch of wishful speculation. The only ones you are worrying are the UPSF guys that are trying to get or be unionize, and they are just make a living also. I know all this talk of another company coming in and taking over or dovetailing would make me nervous, just my two cents.

Stimpy: Couldn't have said it any better. This is all speculation on the heels of a author opinion, no facts! UPSF has enough to complete with their Unionization and ABF Teamsters would NOT allow without a fight!!!!

that non-union statement was bizarre....

It was not meant to be a union or non-union statement. It is what I see all these rumors are, pure speculation and mostly BS. What I wrote is so outlandish because, in my opinion that is what I am reading. I guess I don’t want to feel left out!!!
:hysterical:

Consolidation of YRC Mgmt as of 1/15

While you're on the subject of hypotheticals, how about some reality...

Where did I see that YRC was merging it's Yellow & Roadway Management into one unit?

By my math that would be twice the management doing half the work. And I'm pretty sure the union won't touch that one (unless the dislocated workers want to join as drivers???).:hysterical:

Whatever that's worth...Greetings from Local 597 in VT - it's still pretty cold up here, starting to feel like winter.:hide:

loving life- not a job

Just pullout your paycheck,shuts up fed ex everytime !!
I work for FEDEX freight east making a hub turn on duty around 9 to 10 hrs nightly 5 nights a week monday through friday.... DO YOU HAVE IT THAT GOOD?...Money is not everything. I make enough to make me happy....Around here most TRUCKDRIVERS have respect for each other requardless of who we work for...we know what each other makes...So pull out your paycheck...I'm for one will not be shutting up...sorry for jumping in on your board, most of the time I just read....TRUCK SAFE:1036316054:

I work for FEDEX freight east making a hub turn on duty around 9 to 10 hrs nightly 5 nights a week monday through friday.... DO YOU HAVE IT THAT GOOD?...Money is not everything. I make enough to make me happy....Around here most TRUCKDRIVERS have respect for each other requardless of who we work for...we know what each other makes...So pull out your paycheck...I'm for one will not be shutting up...sorry for jumping in on your board, most of the time I just read....TRUCK SAFE:1036316054:

Nobody is saying you can't post on the board people are always jump to GUNS. Read all you want post all you want. No need to whip them out and check the size. HAHA OK
:soapbox: :beerchug: have one on me.

Just a qiuck note people it is not upsf it is UPGF which stands for UPS ground freight
thank you just thought that you all would like to no.

With freight volumes down I don not see how anyone would or could buy any one else. All I see is a whole bunch of wishful speculation. The only ones you are worrying are the UPSF guys that are trying to get or be unionize, and they are just make a living also. I know all this talk of another company coming in and taking over or dovetailing would make me nervous, just my two cents.

First of all with Fxf buying these compnies, and a slew of other companies buying other companies to form a 3PL system worldwide and UPS is at the top, The investors of UPS is saying if there is no buyout in 2007 The investors will buy thier stock back from UPS sending the price spiralling down, UPS will not allow this too happen, and there is alot of ground to cover in this country we do not cover without help from outside vendors, ABF along with "O" will give ups over 500 terminals in north america and the island's, second only to YRC WORLDWIDE.

THIS will sit better in the minds of the member's on the board. Which also will allow us to drop price due too extended coverage. UPS has enough monies to buy ABF.

Just a qiuck note people it is not upsf it is UPGF which stands for UPS ground freight
thank you just thought that you all would like to no.

The name of our company is UPS FREIGHT this is why it is on the side of the truck. The SCAC code is UPGF or UPS GROUND FREIGHT , not too be confused with UPS GROUND PARCEL.

The name of our company is UPS FREIGHT this is why it is on the side of the truck. The SCAC code is UPGF or UPS GROUND FREIGHT , not too be confused with UPS GROUND PARCEL.

That's right but I get a kick out of some that think it has to be called UPSGF

UPS FREIGHT

First of all with Fxf buying these compnies, and a slew of other companies buying other companies to form a 3PL system worldwide and UPS is at the top, The investors of UPS is saying if there is no buyout in 2007 The investors will buy thier stock back from UPS sending the price spiralling down, UPS will not allow this too happen, and there is alot of ground to cover in this country we do not cover without help from outside vendors, ABF along with "O" will give ups over 500 terminals in north america and the island's, second only to YRC WORLDWIDE.

THIS will sit better in the minds of the member's on the board. Which also will allow us to drop price due too extended coverage. UPS has enough monies to buy ABF.

Merging Overnite with Motor Cargo has put such a bad taste in their mouth they probably won't but another company till this merger is running smooth.:hide: