XPO | Wednesday snow storm

Yup, it's a vast right-wing conspiracy. How astute of you to solve the mystery so quickly. You get a star card, sir!

Actually, since it a union push, a Left Wing conspiracy would be more like it.

But it has nothing to do with politics. It's just people that don't work for Con-Way considering themselves experts on it's policies.

Actually, since it a union push, a Left Wing conspiracy would be more like it.

But it has nothing to do with politics. It's just people that don't work for Con-Way considering themselves experts on it's policies.

Oh but I did, for several years in fact. And I could write you a big list on things that should change.

Oh but I did, for several years in fact. And I could write you a big list on things that should change.

I worked there for six years, myself. Guess I know nothing about this subject as well...

I assume you both know how the safety policy has been changing for the last 5 years or so?

I also assume you understand none of it is your concern any longer?

I remember.

Your big complaint was no overtime until 50.

Then you went someplace that doesn't pay until 60.

I believe you didn't like to long hours either.

Then you went someplace that's makes you stay out for 3 days.

The grass isn't always greener.

Hoping lots of guys take several days off so I might actually run a couple days in a row...

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. This "policy" started a couple or so years ago. I can't remember what year, but they began shutting things down when imminent weather approached. Sometimes, I think they overreacted, but either way they made the decision based on the new safety climate at the time.
Sorry to disappoint many on this board, but the union threat is not the impetus for every decision made by this company.

I cant remember the year but i can tell you what changed the policy

A few years ago a 21 year old kid was forced to bobtail from Tulsa to Oklahoma city in a ice storm. The kid begged to pull a dunnage trailer just to have something holding him on the road. They told him no if he wants his job he'll go and bobtail.

He made it a few miles down the road, the tractor spun around backwards off the side of the road and flipped over across a guard rail. It killed the kid. Wife and two young children at home. They sued the living hell out of Conway and won.

That is exactly when your inclimate weather policy changed. It has nothing to do with your union vote or the company all of a sudden giving a damn about any of you.

I used to have a picture on my phone of the tractor upside down on the gaurd rail. I wish i still had it just to post it on here.

Anytime I have ever stood my ground in the name of safety. Every company I ever worked for, (including Con-Way) in my 20yrs of driving has backed down. I am the captain of my own ship, I only roll when it's safe and legal period! But I also take full responsibility for what happens if I chose to run.

I remember.

Your big complaint was no overtime until 50.

Then you went someplace that doesn't pay until 60.

I believe you didn't like to long hours either.

Then you went someplace that's makes you stay out for 3 days.

The grass isn't always greener.

Man is that he best you've got? I love OD. Don't get paid by the hour so I don't give a **** when OT starts. And when have I ever bitched bout staying out? I don't have to stay out any longer than I like. It's my call. And unlike Con-way I'm actually treated with respect. So yeah, the grass IS greener.

They did the right thing shutting down for the storm tonight. Then they follow it up by running Friday during the day. Ask from the top and force from the bottom. Last time I checked Friday has been a scheduled holiday since January. I was honestly on the fence about the union. Way to go Con-way for making the decision much much easier.

I got the shaft big time. I am in favor of not running Wednesday and was asked if I would run Fri. I said sure but was not told we were running in the AM .stupid me for not finding out all the details before I opened my big mouth.I got lots of flashlights but no sunglasses.

A few years ago a 21 year old kid was forced to bobtail from Tulsa to Oklahoma city in a ice storm. The kid begged to pull a dunnage trailer just to have something holding him on the road. They told him no if he wants his job he'll go and bobtail.

He made it a few miles down the road, the tractor spun around backwards off the side of the road and flipped over across a guard rail. It killed the kid. Wife and two young children at home. They sued the living hell out of Conway and won.

That is exactly when your inclimate weather policy changed. It has nothing to do with your union vote or the company all of a sudden giving a damn about any of you.

I used to have a picture on my phone of the tractor upside down on the gaurd rail. I wish i still had it just to post it on here.

Now why in the world would you want to insert FACTS into this discussion?

How much money did they get? Post the link to the case please. We want to read it. I know it's a true story, just didn'tknow about the court case.

The incident was 2011

Question;
Understanding the corporation has become less adamant about running in inclement weather, would they have closed all those FACs a year ago - considering how little snow we got.

They did. We shut down a dozen times due to snow in the upper Midwest. We got pounded with snow.