XPO | Wednesday snow storm

They did. We shut down a dozen times due to snow in the upper Midwest. We got pounded with snow.

I can't speak for the great north, but some of those FACs got a dusting by truck driver standards. And no ice. - Less then 2".
We ran that without a thought last year.
Just an observation state side.
We wouldn't shut down last year unless we KNEW we were gonna get (getting) at least 6". Notwithstanding that number depends on the available snow clearing equipment in specific regions. 1" in Atlanta is a disaster.

I guess Conway should have called the teamster local to see if a closing of facs would be acceptable to the drivers affected. The good news, for a chosen few,is the local union promoters, #1, and the teamsters supplied us with paper to wipe ours asses with if the snow gets to deep to get to the store. You spent $.90 to mail this to my home? Ponderous! Once again I'm indebted the teamsters. Press on

Why would the corporation call the teamsters concerning the closing of the FACs? That's operational biz.
And yes, WE are indebted to the teamsters for what we earn to date. And we can credit our caring publicly held corporation and the demise of the union for the loss of compensation since the pension was halted in 2006. The labor market has changed.
Not thinking people want to hear what you wipe your arse with.
My only point concerning the extra caution in closing FACs is that the corporation has been very nice lately. I would propose this is in response to teamster activity. The corporation would disagree. Nothing more.
However, I would ask, how long will Conway carry on this driver friendly approach? Have they turned over a new leaf - AGAIN? Enjoy it while it lasts and thank a teamster.

Last edited:
Rt 87 and Rt 84 were shut down in Ny. 8 to 12 inches predicted in northern Pa. No matter what Conway does you spin it that it's all because of the teamster vote. Reality is that 18% on a local basis won't even get a vote. The projected concern for fellow employees is enjoyable but once again the rebel without a cause shows thru. There are those that are pro union and there are those who are anti Conway. I favor you as a disgruntalted anti Conway employee who enjoys chaos and is happy to eat their soup, pizza, and sandwiches on the clock. Press on

Last edited:
Rt 87 and Rt 84 were shut down in Ny. 8 to 12 inches predicted in northern Pa. No matter what Conway does you spin it that it's all because of the teamster vote. Reality is that 18% on a local basis won't even get a vote. The projected concern for fellow employees is enjoyable but once again the rebel without a cause shows thru. There are those that are pro union and there are those who are anti Conway. I favor you as a disgruntalted anti Conway employee who enjoys chaos and is happy to eat their soup, pizza, and sandwiches on the clock. Press on
Think back to last year you can't say you don't see any difference in the snow policy. I remember a few of us getting into trouble last year for calling off because of a snow storm. Things have changed George. You can carry on.

I've since learned that a few of those terminals were buried under 8 to 12 inches but most were very reachable with 2 to 6 inches and that most of those with snow had very clear roads. Decision making is always best in hindsight but my only point is that the corporation has become more accommodating to the driver. This little factoid can't be denied and would bet money we will also see that in the corporations reaction to snow. We have a whole winter to watch this corporate phenomena, but understand that calling our snow days can be hit and miss. No reason for anybody to get their panties in a knot.