FedEx Freight | What is your main reason to vote in a union at FedEx Freight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what ever happen to safety and i'm not talking movies..

It's whining when you refuse to accept and/or assign responsibility to the correct party.

If I am running a company that has a need for menial labor why should I pay $15/hr if I have a line of people out the door willing to do the work for $14, or $10, or $8? I pay as little as it takes to acquire and retain the quality of employee I need. If I can't do that at $50/hr than I better be willing to pay more. If I can do that for $8, why would I pay $10?

SO true. I couldn't have said it better

1 Fair work rules, and seniority rights. Do away with this ridiculous point system for being truly sick, etc
2 Job protection
3.Better medical benefits, with no cost to us or a long term cap on costs..
3 Better pension being 100% in a defined plan, Not Master Fright, lots of others that are well funded.
4 Knowing what my raise will be each year long in advance.
5 Cost of living increases each year

I'm sorry, but what you're asking is not available to very many employees of any transportation companies. I've been around the block and very few companies have more than one of those listed above. Call me crazy, I'm new to LTL, but you seem to have an insane sense of entitlement. Maybe after I'm with FedEx a little longer I'll demand all 5 of those as well.

On a side note, the people asking for pay to be uniform across the board, that's ridiculous to me. Do you not realize how many companies are out there, in and outside of the trucking industry, that pay people who do the same job different salaries based on where they live? It's cost of living, what is the difficult concept here?

I mean this all with no hostility or malice, I just felt the argument was a little one-sided on here and I didn't want to lurk too much haha.

Thanks,
Mlang216

I'm sorry, but what you're asking is not available to very many employees of any transportation companies. I've been around the block and very few companies have more than one of those listed above. Call me crazy, I'm new to LTL, but you seem to have an insane sense of entitlement. Maybe after I'm with FedEx a little longer I'll demand all 5 of those as well.

On a side note, the people asking for pay to be uniform across the board, that's ridiculous to me. Do you not realize how many companies are out there, in and outside of the trucking industry, that pay people who do the same job different salaries based on where they live? It's cost of living, what is the difficult concept here?

I mean this all with no hostility or malice, I just felt the argument was a little one-sided on here and I didn't want to lurk too much haha.

Thanks,
Mlang216
I have 4 out of 5 where I am at. I'm thinking you didn't go around the whole block and just took a shortcut thru the alley

Mlang216, Do you see anything wrong with negotiating the terms of the service we provide? We have lost ground over time, in terms of compensation (pay/insurance) and working environment. I'd like to see the balance shift back the other way.

Welcome to the mighty FedEx!, You'll be fine... Even better when all this goes through. You can't loose! Really!

Mlang216, Do you see anything wrong with negotiating the terms of the service we provide? We have lost ground over time, in terms of compensation (pay/insurance) and working environment. I'd like to see the balance shift back the other way.

Welcome to the mighty FedEx!, You'll be fine... Even better when all this goes through. You can't loose! Really!

I understand completely, however, I will have to see for myself. How FedEx can possibly be any worse than anywhere else I've been before remains to be seen. In my opinion, I think companies in general have forgotten the value of their front line employees, regardless of the industry or trade.

Perhaps this whole thing feels like a futile attempt. Are any centers making any headway or is this another failed attempt? Everywhere I've been, when organization began to happen, raises came, fair weather supporters fell by the wayside, discussion over.

I have 4 out of 5 where I am at. I'm thinking you didn't go around the whole block and just took a shortcut thru the alley

...while some have been parked at the same address so long they have no idea how things outside of their little block work.

Insane sense of entitlement is an understatement when it comes to so many people these days.

...while some have been parked at the same address so long they have no idea how things outside of their little block work.

Insane sense of entitlement is an understatement when it comes to so many people these days.
Where did I show a sense of entitlement?

Perhaps this whole thing feels like a futile attempt. Are any centers making any headway or is this another failed attempt? Everywhere I've been, when organization began to happen, raises came...

The way I see if it if the "attempt" results in better treatment and fair compensation then it wasn't futile at all. I see it as a win-win. The employees get treated and compensated better and the union is staved again.

It's a short-term cyclical "solution" but better than both alternatives in my opinion. One being nothing changing, the other alternative being unionized and all the b.s. the horse **** that comes with that team.

The way I see if it if the "attempt" results in better treatment and fair compensation then it wasn't futile at all. I see it as a win-win. The employees get treated and compensated better and the union is staved again.

It's a short-term cyclical "solution" but better than both alternatives in my opinion. One being nothing changing, the other alternative being unionized and all the b.s. the horse **** that comes with that team.

Very true. I suppose the Union does have a purpose after all! haha

Where did I show a sense of entitlement?

The first line was in response to your post that I quoted.

The sentence after the return was an attempt to indicate a separate thought and was a generic statement attributed to "so many people". Perhaps a separate post would have avoided confusion as though I was attributing that statement to your quote. My fault. You may or may not have an insane sense of entitlement, I don't immediately recall you showing a strong stance either way.

This is an old article but I thought worth sharing.

FedEx CEO Fred Smith takes readers' questions. - Oct. 6, 2008

Why are you opposed to union labor? What's your take on the Teamsters attempting to unionize FedEx? - Stephen Miller, Sterling, VA

FedEx is not anti-union in any way. The Teamsters are in the business of trying to represent people and collecting dues from them. They've been trying to represent FedEx employees for 35 years. The Teamsters have not had success here not because we're doing anything that's anti-Teamster but because we're doing things that are very pro-employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.