XPO | WTF the Teamsters are OUT of Miami !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a driver is discharged after a coercion event there is a battery of lawyers who will easily take that case. In addition to USDOL WHistleblower laws.
A battery of lawyers huh? Name five cases where a coercion case was brought and won by a truck driver.....

If a driver is discharged after a coercion event there is a battery of lawyers who will easily take that case. In addition to USDOL WHistleblower laws.
You can sue anyone for anything the hard part is winning or providing you case. So I say prove it

It seems that you work standard are not what we expect so your services are no longer needed....So does that sound like coercion

So what you are saying is for some reason the Union won't give them the health insurance or pension? Or do you think the companies hold out so they can get them to decertify?
Probably more like if the company won’t agree to paying H&W or pension contributions the employees can’t get into the plans. If there’s only a couple of barns involved, a strike doesn’t help.

Unions don't provide H & W, pensions or salary increases. They negotiate with the company to provide those things for you. These companies will provide only what they are willing to provide. Let me rephrase...only what they are FORCED to provide. The only real tool in the Teamsters toolbox to force a company to do anything is a strike. As Songremainsthesame has stated, a strike does nothing when only a few barns are involved. Another truism is without representation, benefits offered today are surrendered tomorrow. You received a 4% raise this year...it's a certainty that your insurance premiums will increase proportionately next year, or your barn won't see an equipment upgrade or any one of a dozen improvements you WON"T see to balance the books on the raise you just received. The song certainly does remain the same. It's just my guess, but I believe the UPS boys will get nearly everything they want and the reason is simple; they are united in solidarity behind their union. Without representation, they wouldn't have gotten a fraction of the benefits they're about to receive. So, if you're an XPO driver who believes he doesn't need a union because the company really cares about you, I ask you to look at the recent ABF contract and the potential UPS contract and tell me where you'd rather work.

The ONLY promises made were dignity and respect in the workplace.
How do the Teamsters deliver this? Lately pre shift meetings from Yellow and Holland have been making the rounds on YouTube. I didn’t see respect or dignity in any of the videos from either side.

Unions don't provide H & W, pensions or salary increases. They negotiate with the company to provide those things for you. These companies will provide only what they are willing to provide. Let me rephrase...only what they are FORCED to provide. The only real tool in the Teamsters toolbox to force a company to do anything is a strike. As Songremainsthesame has stated, a strike does nothing when only a few barns are involved. Another truism is without representation, benefits offered today are surrendered tomorrow. You received a 4% raise this year...it's a certainty that your insurance premiums will increase proportionately next year, or your barn won't see an equipment upgrade or any one of a dozen improvements you WON"T see to balance the books on the raise you just received. The song certainly does remain the same. It's just my guess, but I believe the UPS boys will get nearly everything they want and the reason is simple; they are united in solidarity behind their union. Without representation, they wouldn't have gotten a fraction of the benefits they're about to receive. So, if you're an XPO driver who believes he doesn't need a union because the company really cares about you, I ask you to look at the recent ABF contract and the potential UPS contract and tell me where you'd rather work.
The strike threat worked very well with Yellow this week.
42 years since deregulation and not a single major organizing victory
And only 2 teamster LTL carriers remain.

Sorry I deal with facts...

Sorry I deal with facts also...my question was 5 cases won, not just cases filed by drivers, but cases filed by the "battery of lawyers" and won...if someone had sued and won a big judgement I bet it would have been reported....fake news there...

How do the Teamsters deliver this? Lately pre shift meetings from Yellow and Holland have been making the rounds on YouTube. I didn’t see respect or dignity in any of the videos from either side.
I see why you saw it convenient to choose Yellow as an example of the lack of dignity and respect, and not the tens of thousands of other UNION companies who seem to have accomplished reaching the level of dignity and respect that is promised. We got it in Miami. UPS, ABF and thousands of other companies not only enjoy dignity and respect, but better salaries, infinitely better health plans, shop stewards, grievance and arbitration and on and on and on. You are "at will" and at the mercy of your supervisors.

Yellow has been devastated and horribly mismanaged for years. Their imminent demise is a management issue and not a Teamster issue. The givebacks in the last 2 contracts were unprecedented, however, the damage was done and irreversible. I pray for all those guys. The freight is still there and I can only hope it's picked up by union companies who can then, in return, hire these guys and put them back to work.

This didn’t age well….

IMG_7972.md.jpeg
True, it was a dream unfulfilled, but, at least we tried. We all knew the sacrifice we were making to try to engage other XPO terminals. We knew we would lose over 2K the first year. We knew that the company would raise everyone 4% or 5% and would bargain hard with any raise offered to us, which turned out to be .9%. You all should send thank you cards filled with cash to the Miami barn. It was because of our contract and ONLY because of our contract, that XPO decided to treat you so well. I believe some northern terminals received an ELEVEN PERCENT RAISE. What ??? They were terrified that other terminals would jump on board and , as a result, they would have been put in the exact same position as UPS, conceding to every whim of Sean O'Brien for fear that he would shut them down. Solidarity is a wonderful thing!!! Yep! We knew all that and chose to do it anyway, hoping you guys would see the light and as long as there was a chance in hell that other terminals would follow. You guys never did. You just couldn't understand the power in numbers and what we could have done if we united and stood as one. Since there was no longer a chance to further the campaign, Miami chose to decertify and I don't blame them. There was no other choice.

OK put yourself in there shoes. You have an XPO meeting were they tell you XPO has not paid there part of you health insurance, company provide life insurance, and 401K match. XPO also tells you on the first of the month you will no longer have health insurance, or company life insurance. The company will no longer provide health, life, or 401K plan anymore. So now tell me how you would react. Oh and one other thing layoffs and barns closing to add to the pile.
BTW there is nothing stopping them from doing this

True, it was a dream unfulfilled, but, at least we tried. We all knew the sacrifice we were making to try to engage other XPO terminals. We knew we would lose over 2K the first year. We knew that the company would raise everyone 4% or 5% and would bargain hard with any raise offered to us, which turned out to be .9%. You all should send thank you cards filled with cash to the Miami barn. It was because of our contract and ONLY because of our contract, that XPO decided to treat you so well. I believe some northern terminals received an ELEVEN PERCENT RAISE. What ??? They were terrified that other terminals would jump on board and , as a result, they would have been put in the exact same position as UPS, conceding to every whim of Sean O'Brien for fear that he would shut them down. Solidarity is a wonderful thing!!! Yep! We knew all that and chose to do it anyway, hoping you guys would see the light and as long as there was a chance in hell that other terminals would follow. You guys never did. You just couldn't understand the power in numbers and what we could have done if we united and stood as one. Since there was no longer a chance to further the campaign, Miami chose to decertify and I don't blame them. There was no other choice.
The guys here have no clue . They think the ins is ok , not bad . It sucks big time ! I have had to use more & more the older I get . Big bucks out of pocket . Teamsters would be roughly $25 co pay . They think the higher hourly makes up for it . Not even close IMHO . There’s 11 of us at my barn . I am the only one in favor . All others won’t even discuss it .

The guys here have no clue . They think the ins is ok , not bad . It sucks big time ! I have had to use more & more the older I get . Big bucks out of pocket . Teamsters would be roughly $25 co pay . They think the higher hourly makes up for it . Not even close IMHO . There’s 11 of us at my barn . I am the only one in favor . All others won’t even discuss it .

That goes back to my point. Without teamcare, you're not going to get any support and a building with 11 employees will gain no traction. At bare minimum, you need all of the major hubs with a region to be on board so it makes it incredibly difficult for them to move freight.

Right now is also not the time. The move has to be made when they're busy. It's dead enough where they can figure out a way around you.

Its no longer an issue. The
Teamsters have closed the XPO campaign. I think a fair assessment of the failure was multifaceted. Primarily, they failed to provide enough organizers to address 300 barns. I knew them all and they worked tirelessly from city to city trying to maintain support for the campaign. There just wasn't enough to go around. They failed to focus on specific geographic regions. Instead, they were spread from states all across the country. In addition, union busters were very successful instilling fear into the hearts of XPO drivers, warning of the dire consequences of organizing, somehow convincing them that they could lose everything. Of course, that wasn't accurate information. Finally, for blue collar guys and girls like us, its not a horrible job; pay is decent and even mediocre insurance it better than none. For those of you who think it's hard work, talk to a trucker who worked back in 70's and 80's. There was no a/c, no lift gates, no pallet jacks and no auto transmissions and everything delivered by hand truck. Today is a cake walk by comparison. My advice to Mr. O'Brien is to go after warehousing and the service industry. Amazon, Starbucks and the like. Teamsters and freight are done. Sorry for the rant...its raining today and I can't go to the beach. LOL! Love you mother truckers ...

Its no longer an issue. The
Teamsters have closed the XPO campaign. I think a fair assessment of the failure was multifaceted. Primarily, they failed to provide enough organizers to address 300 barns. I knew them all and they worked tirelessly from city to city trying to maintain support for the campaign. There just wasn't enough to go around. They failed to focus on specific geographic regions. Instead, they were spread from states all across the country. In addition, union busters were very successful instilling fear into the hearts of XPO drivers, warning of the dire consequences of organizing, somehow convincing them that they could lose everything. Of course, that wasn't accurate information. Finally, for blue collar guys and girls like us, its not a horrible job; pay is decent and even mediocre insurance it better than none. For those of you who think it's hard work, talk to a trucker who worked back in 70's and 80's. There was no a/c, no lift gates, no pallet jacks and no auto transmissions and everything delivered by hand truck. Today is a cake walk by comparison. My advice to Mr. O'Brien is to go after warehousing and the service industry. Amazon, Starbucks and the like. Teamsters and freight are done. Sorry for the rant...its raining today and I can't go to the beach. LOL! Love you mother truckers ...