XPO | WTF the Teamsters are OUT of Miami !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see why you saw it convenient to choose Yellow as an example of the lack of dignity and respect, and not the tens of thousands of other UNION companies who seem to have accomplished reaching the level of dignity and respect that is promised. We got it in Miami. UPS, ABF and thousands of other companies not only enjoy dignity and respect, but better salaries, infinitely better health plans, shop stewards, grievance and arbitration and on and on and on. You are "at will" and at the mercy of your supervisors.

Yellow has been devastated and horribly mismanaged for years. Their imminent demise is a management issue and not a Teamster issue. The givebacks in the last 2 contracts were unprecedented, however, the damage was done and irreversible. I pray for all those guys. The freight is still there and I can only hope it's picked up by union companies who can then, in return, hire these guys and put them back to work.
I picked Yellow because those are the videos going around this week. If you have links to videos of management treating drivers with dignity and respect, I’ll watch them.
I have friends that work for UPS and I talk to drivers from ABF, Yellow and Holland. I’ve never once heard them boast about how well management treats them because of the union. The rest of the things you mentioned have nothing to do with how the union will deliver the promise of respect and dignity. I’ll ask again, how will the Teamsters make management treat drivers with respect and dignity?

OK put yourself in there shoes. You have an XPO meeting were they tell you XPO has not paid there part of you health insurance, company provide life insurance, and 401K match. XPO also tells you on the first of the month you will no longer have health insurance, or company life insurance. The company will no longer provide health, life, or 401K plan anymore. So now tell me how you would react. Oh and one other thing layoffs and barns closing to add to the pile.
BTW there is nothing stopping them from doing this
I’d be just as pissed as the people in the videos I watched. Which goes back to my question. How does the union make management treat us better?
Your last sentence is correct. There’s nothing stopping them from doing anything they want. Not me, not you, not the government and certainly not the union.

I picked Yellow because those are the videos going around this week. If you have links to videos of management treating drivers with dignity and respect, I’ll watch them.
I have friends that work for UPS and I talk to drivers from ABF, Yellow and Holland. I’ve never once heard them boast about how well management treats them because of the union. The rest of the things you mentioned have nothing to do with how the union will deliver the promise of respect and dignity. I’ll ask again, how will the Teamsters make management treat drivers with respect and dignity?
The dignity and respect come directly from the language in the contract. When management becomes aware that the contract holds them to higher standards, their management style softens immensely. Of course, this isn't always the case, however, when any member of the management team fails to treat their employees in a fair and decent manner, the shop steward and the contract will hold them accountable.

I have repeated ad nauseum the benefits and advantages of union membership for years on this site. Benefits that you and all other non union drivers will never ever get. Your obsession with dignity and respect is simply a diversionary tactic that allows you to ignore the FACT that union employees are far better compensated and protected than non union employees. There is no discussion on this fact. My final comment on this topic...All things considered, if you were able to keep your seniority and all the perks that go with it AND take all of your friends and coworkers with you, would you leave XPO and sign on with UPS or ABF? I am anxious to see your reply!

The dignity and respect come directly from the language in the contract. When management becomes aware that the contract holds them to higher standards, their management style softens immensely. Of course, this isn't always the case, however, when any member of the management team fails to treat their employees in a fair and decent manner, the shop steward and the contract will hold them accountable.

I have repeated ad nauseum the benefits and advantages of union membership for years on this site. Benefits that you and all other non union drivers will never ever get. Your obsession with dignity and respect is simply a diversionary tactic that allows you to ignore the FACT that union employees are far better compensated and protected than non union employees. There is no discussion on this fact. My final comment on this topic...All things considered, if you were able to keep your seniority and all the perks that go with it AND take all of your friends and coworkers with you, would you leave XPO and sign on with UPS or ABF? I am anxious to see your reply!
I will put this question to any anti union driver who is willing to respond.

Massive campaign by the company that outspent and outpaced Teamsters .

Goes back to the point I made in the FedEx forum. It's a massive failure on their part. They don't want to spend the money necessary to recruit and push back... I can't take them serious. All the risk is already on the employee and they want us to put even more skin in the game.

Goes back to the point I made in the FedEx forum. It's a massive failure on their part. They don't want to spend the money necessary to recruit and push back... I can't take them serious. All the risk is already on the employee and they want us to put even more skin in the game.
I think you're right when you say they failed to put adequate resources into the campaign. I'll add to that by saying they also mismanaged the meager resources that were available to run the campaign.
However, I respectfully disagree about the risk. There was no risk. I think 11 barns were in the game. Some never got past the organizing stage, many voted and lost, Philly is still an open situation (dead in the water) and both Trenton and Miami ratified contracts. XPO knew exactly who the union supporters were and who was leading them. Of the 300 or so employees involved, only 2 were fired and the Teamsters hired both of them as organizers. The spectre of risk was just an excuse to keep drivers uncomfortable enough to keep their distance and the union busters ability to magnify non existent risk was the key to their success. If there is ever another union campaign aimed at XPO, I doubt it will be the Teamsters.

I asked a question about something you posted and you’re twisting by calling it an obsession and a diversionary tactic. Just one more example of why it’s hard to believe you union guys. The funny thing is all the union drivers I talk have the same complaints even though the language you said is supposed to stop it is present.
I’m not leaving for any company that’s involved in the Central States Pension.

I answered your question. Dignity and respect are written into the contract. When management fails to provide dignity and respect, the contract holds them accountable.
As to the rest of your comment, UPS IS NOT IN CENTRAL STATES! Aside from that, you would rather have no pension instead of Central States, yes? So, once again, all things being equal, would you switch jobs from XPO to UPS? A yes or no will do. No one else had the courage to admit they would switch so, I expect you won't either and that, my friend, will destroy whatever little credibility you had left.

I answered your question. Dignity and respect are written into the contract. When management fails to provide dignity and respect, the contract holds them accountable.
As to the rest of your comment, UPS IS NOT IN CENTRAL STATES! Aside from that, you would rather have no pension instead of Central States, yes? So, once again, all things being equal, would you switch jobs from XPO to UPS? A yes or no will do. No one else had the courage to admit they would switch so, I expect you won't either and that, my friend, will destroy whatever little credibility you had left.
I’d consider switching if it was a better job and I got to keep all seniority. If I could do that, I’d also consider switching to FedEx or OD. It’s not just about compensation. I would rather have a 401k over a pension that may or may not be there.

I’d consider switching if it was a better job and I got to keep all seniority. If I could do that, I’d also consider switching to FedEx or OD. It’s not just about compensation. I would rather have a 401k over a pension that may or may not be there.
Who , in their right mind thinks they could switch to a new company and keep their seniority ?? The only way that might work is dovetailing into a company that bought your current company . You switch companies you start over at the bottom . Trust me I’ve done it 4 times . Only once by choice . The others they closed the doors like YRC just did .

Who , in their right mind thinks they could switch to a new company and keep their seniority ?? The only way that might work is dovetailing into a company that bought your current company . You switch companies you start over at the bottom . Trust me I’ve done it 4 times . Only once by choice . The others they closed the doors like YRC just did .
I asked whip that question hypothetically. We all know it can't be done. I was trying to point out that having something is better than nothing. I disagree with him but it was a fair reply.

Thank you. Fair reply. Just let me point out that the Pension Benefit Guarantee Fund assumes the responsibility for failed or bankrupt pension plans. It's true that many pension plans have failed over the years but the PBGF insures that everyone gets paid. So, pension or 401K, both depend on the capabilities of the management staff. You may be in control of your 401K, but if you make bad investments, it won't be there for you. If your pension fund manager makes bad investments, PBGF guarantees your retirement. From personal experience...I made good investment choices, until 2008 rolled around. My money was with Shearson Lehman which was the only bank the Feds failed to bail out. I lost everything overnight. So, 401K is no guarantee. When you add in the Health Care, grievance and arbitration and other benefits, union jobs are a better choice.