XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There all kinds of drivers earning this kind of money. We have paid our dues and sucked up the crap start times, breaking skids down, sort and segs, and hustling for hours. We earned this money by earning our stripes. Truckingboards is not representative of the silent majority of drivers. There are drivers at my barn that make more than that.

I'm curious if anyone on the East or West Coast make that kind of money. Or is that typical of the Mid West, where terminals may be few and far between. Nobody in Miami tops 100K.

I'm curious if anyone on the East or West Coast make that kind of money. Or is that typical of the Mid West, where terminals may be few and far between. Nobody in Miami tops 100K.
I hope some people chime in to answer your question. I would think out west , you could get more miles due to the terminals being spaced further apart ( in some states )

I thought that I saw a 3 million mile lady driver out west recently.

FgZp6kI.jpg

Oklahoma truck driver hits 3 million miles on the road

Last edited:
but you said "My hand held is shut off . I turn it off until I’m done my deliveries . Dispatch needs me it will have to wait" in post #7807
So do you turn it off or not
There both off. When I turn my cell back on I can see the missed calls. I also get the messages on my handheld when I turn it back on messages say call me. Not sure what your point is prosecutor.

Last edited:
So is he going to the ETRB?
Also there are only two positions in the company that can Terminated a driver so for it to get to there he must of have alot of paper in his file.

Section 7 page 88

"Full-time employees who are involuntarily
terminated will be informed of their right to appeal the
termination decision to the Employee Termination Review
Board (ETRB). Only a Director or Vice President of HR has
the authority to make an employment termination decision"
Etrb is a joke

S

So until then you can just make your own rules? It's tough to be on your side when you always want to bend the rules to fit the occasion, that's exactly what you're blaming the company of.

That's incorrect. They want to make ALL the rules and then, change them , at will, to benefit the company. I want the rules to be FAIR to the benefit of ALL the drivers. If you're a driver, you should be on my side because everything I am advocating will benefit you. You still don't get it.

That's incorrect. They want to make ALL the rules and then, change them , at will, to benefit the company. I want the rules to be FAIR to the benefit of ALL the drivers. If you're a driver, you should be on my side because everything I am advocating will benefit you. You still don't get it.
No I get it, If I were your ba and you told me you were going to do things your way while you were the steward I would have your ass up on charges.

I worked here when benefits cost us 1% of our weekly gross. Guys right above me paid zero. When my oldest son was born it cost me $250. I hired on with a a pension and a 401k match. I know how much health and welfare has declined through the years. I know how much we have lost. That was all Con-way. Do I want back what we lost? Of course I do but the Union barns have not produced a thing. Show me the results of organizing and watch my terminal organize. Nuff said.

How afraid do you think the company is about 6 terminals attempting to negotiate a contract? That's like handing your friend a baseball bat and telling him you'll join the fight AFTER he beats the 10 guys coming at him with AR 15's. I'll return to my original analogy...What would have happened if 12 of the 13 colonies stood by to see what happens in Massachusetts. You said that you know how much we have lost yet, you don't want to do anything to get it back.

No I get it, If I were your ba and you told me you were going to do things your way while you were the steward I would have your ass up on charges.

There is no contract at the moment, so there can be no charges. I am trying to put things in the contract that will be fair to and benefit all the drivers. When the contract is signed, it is done and will be honored, whether or not I am able to get what I want in it.

Just out of curiosity , what difference does it make if the handheld is on or not? ( if he's peddling , he might miss a pick-up at a stop he's delivering to , but that's assuming he can fit it on a trailer with freight that still needs delivered )

With some of the things asked of P&D drivers as far as the handheld goes , they can slow a driver down. How much faster would a P&D driver be without all of the nonsense? ( with the benefits of computerization and software calling the shots there are some drawbacks )

Some drivers remember peddling without any of the "technological advances" and everything was just fine.

Damn. I sound old. Get off my lawn!

Between updating, resetting the hand held 3 times a day, waiting on hold for 15 minutes for an exception number, taking pictures of damaged freight and anything else I may have left out, my productivity could be much better.

Between updating, resetting the hand held 3 times a day, waiting on hold for 15 minutes for an exception number, taking pictures of damaged freight and anything else I may have left out, my productivity could be much better.
That’s shows the disconnect between management and the guys on the street.

I worked here when benefits cost us 1% of our weekly gross. Guys right above me paid zero. When my oldest son was born it cost me $250. I hired on with a a pension and a 401k match. I know how much health and welfare has declined through the years. I know how much we have lost. That was all Con-way. Do I want back what we lost? Of course I do but the Union barns have not produced a thing. Show me the results of organizing and watch my terminal organize. Nuff said.
I would be out the door in a heartbeat for union benes but the closest union barn is 77 miles in one direction and 85 miles in the other direction .

East
Run one of the shortest runs out of my barn under 90 miles one way and I made just over 84k last year. I know the guys running the longer runs are making mid to upper 90K with some doing over 100K last year. It's not hard to do on LH

you just said that a 2M mile driver with 24 yrs should get special consideration on discipline. You didn't just say it once you said it twice, Post 7797, and 7835. So how can you say you want rules to be fair when you push for special treatment of some.
We have had guys I my barn caught with there cellphone in there hand and they are still here. The is more to this then just one event.

Status
Not open for further replies.