XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got up this morning and read that the union in Laredo had lost a decertification election yesterday, and I come in here and no one has mentioned it? The union news usually drops so quickly...

If you haven't heard, Laredo had an election yesterday to remove the union, and the union lost. It wasn't close, either.
this is all we will hear from the pro union guys

I googled it and all I found was this little article:https://news.xpo.com/en-us/news/2345/employees-in-laredo-texas-vote-to-decertify-union/
It is really no surprise nothing is post out there. Though since it happened of Friday I would give it a day or two to hit the trucking new sites.
So how many signatures were forced? Next thing they will say is a gun was held to there head by the company when they voted

After all this time. Do you really think it was the company threatening them ? Or the union doing nothing for them ? That lead to this result ?

this is all we will hear from the pro union guys

They don't wanna talk truthfully. They just want to be victims and control the narrative. I have been watching these YouTube videos. Learning about millennialism. They have grown up putting greater value on virtual reality than real reality. There are a lot of similarities to the pro crowds behaviors. Putting theories of idealism before actions or effort.

I asked Hollywoodz in a previous post, if he remembered his history. If he would be willing to fight and use force for his cause. He said no. It was not acceptable. Well, that is how the unions came to be. The poor literally rising up against the rich. Attacking them at work and at their homes. If you aren't willing to follow through. And the people you are rallying against know this. Why would things ever change ?

Any body remember the phrase put up or shut up ? Talk will only get you so far. An idea will only get you so far. At some point. If you want something. You have to make it happen. You have to do whatever it is that you say needs to be done. And if you choose not to. Then you get what you got.

And a lot of us have played the union game. We know how that all goes working in a union shop. And for me personally. I took a job at Con-way because it WASN'T union.

And maybe at some point. Unions will make a comeback. But they will need to improve their leadership. And the rank and file will need to support their union. With money and votes. But right now. It's just a mess.

With dockworkers being put into place in a big way , it looks like a missed opportunity for those in favor of unionization.

As they increase in number and they gain seniority , they slowly start to realize that they have jacked up overtime rules , they do grunt work ( on the ice cold or blazing hot dirty dock ) , they are arbitrarily made part-time , they are paid less an hour than drivers , and there is no policy that I've seen as to when and how to become a driver.

In a unionizing effort why would you ignore these folks?

With dockworkers being put into place in a big way , it looks like a missed opportunity for those in favor of unionization.

As they increase in number and they gain seniority , they slowly start to realize that they have jacked up overtime rules , they do grunt work ( on the ice cold or blazing hot dirty dock ) , they are arbitrarily made part-time , they are paid less an hour than drivers , and there is no policy that I've seen as to when and how to become a driver.

In a unionizing effort why would you ignore these folks?

When I worked at Coca Cola this was a real problem. The drivers and warehouse workers were all represented by the same union. And since there were more warehouse workers than drivers. They would negotiate and vote themselves raises and work rules at the drivers expense.

Where did y
I got up this morning and read that the union in Laredo had lost a decertification election yesterday, and I come in here and no one has mentioned it? The union news usually drops so quickly...

If you haven't heard, Laredo had an election yesterday to remove the union, and the union lost. It wasn't close, either.
you read it? got a link?

I dislike being the bearer of bad news. I expected that development would be posted sooner rather than later. you're right, It wasn't close. I'll reserve comment for a later date.

Not directly, no- but the are costs that are harder to quantify in dollars. Contractor service is consistently terrible. There is also less control over the brand, less visibility of the operation, and less direct accountability. Those things matter.

I believe they use contractors as a last resort, not as a preference.

I agree that all those things matter, but it doesn't seem to bother our management team. They may use contractors as a last resort, but it is my opinion that they have made it the rule. rather than the exception. There are terminals throughout this system that leave their own drivers home, while subs carry the freight.

First, no one was forced. The BS labor charge of company assistance was dismissed for lack of evidence. Not that it was anything but a stalling tactic, of course.

Second, that number is hilariously low. Like half the actual number. And even the real number on the petition was less than the number of "No" votes yesterday.

First, no one was forced. The BS labor charge of company assistance was dismissed for lack of evidence. Not that it was anything but a stalling tactic, of course.

Second, that number is hilariously low. Like half the actual number. And even the real number on the petition was less than the number of "No" votes yesterday.

Well, certainly not forced at gunpoint. Maybe coerced financially might be more accurate. Upgrade or hire 20 dockworkers and convince them that the company will take care of them ...IF...they just trust them and vote no. Combined with the 10 or 15 supporters who left for greener pastures and the result is what happened on Friday. Kudos to the company. They have figured out how to skirt the rules and convince misinformed laborers that their college degree allows them to know what's best for labor.

They don't wanna talk truthfully. They just want to be victims and control the narrative. I have been watching these YouTube videos. Learning about millennialism. They have grown up putting greater value on virtual reality than real reality. There are a lot of similarities to the pro crowds behaviors. Putting theories of idealism before actions or effort.

I asked Hollywoodz in a previous post, if he remembered his history. If he would be willing to fight and use force for his cause. He said no. It was not acceptable. Well, that is how the unions came to be. The poor literally rising up against the rich. Attacking them at work and at their homes. If you aren't willing to follow through. And the people you are rallying against know this. Why would things ever change ?

Any body remember the phrase put up or shut up ? Talk will only get you so far. An idea will only get you so far. At some point. If you want something. You have to make it happen. You have to do whatever it is that you say needs to be done. And if you choose not to. Then you get what you got.

And a lot of us have played the union game. We know how that all goes working in a union shop. And for me personally. I took a job at Con-way because it WASN'T union.

And maybe at some point. Unions will make a comeback. But they will need to improve their leadership. And the rank and file will need to support their union. With money and votes. But right now. It's just a mess.
I watch those videos too. Like you I have worked at union shops and here some of the problem I have with the unions. The unions biggest push in contract talks is the health benefits for it's workers. Now the union will through it's support and money behind some left wing Medicare for all democrat. They say the democrats are for the working man and I just don't see it. If we just look at the medicare for all who's paying for it? They say not the middle class but in the end we will all be paying for it. Also in order to make the medicare for all to work private insurance has to be made illegal. Isn't that one of the big thing the unions push for?
Another thing is this whole worker misclassification in California. House bill (HB5) will hurt more than it help. Just read it here https://www.forbes.com/sites/heidil...illion-gig-economy-with-new-law/#7801449c2f0d. As for the port drivers out there if you don't understand what you are signing then don't sign on.

The reason job growth has been so good this year is because the Govt is getting out of there way. The more the govt regulates and taxes business the more they look to find other place to setup shop the less they hire and the more there products cost in the end.

I have a team of attorneys working on my mortgage modification. They are 85% done with the negotiations with the bank. Only a few more articles to go on the financial aspects of the contract. THEY HAVE NOT CHARGED ME A SINGLE CENT FOR THEIR WORK TO DATE. On Friday, I fired them. I told them to stop all negotiations with the bank. Now, I am on my own against a monster multi national global financial institution. Way to go, Laredo and I hope you get what you deserve. I only feel bad for those men who knew the value of the Teamsters effort on their behalf and will now probably be better served to seek alternative employment.

I have a team of attorneys working on my mortgage modification. They are 85% done with the negotiations with the bank. Only a few more articles to go on the financial aspects of the contract. THEY HAVE NOT CHARGED ME A SINGLE CENT FOR THEIR WORK TO DATE. On Friday, I fired them. I told them to stop all negotiations with the bank. Now, I am on my own against a monster multi national global financial institution. Way to go, Laredo and I hope you get what you deserve. I only feel bad for those men who knew the value of the Teamsters effort on their behalf and will now probably be better served to seek alternative employment.
I think you should respect their decision and not call them down. The majority voted them in, now the majority voted them out. You can’t suck and blow at the same time.

I think you should respect their decision and not call them down. The majority voted them in, now the majority voted them out. You can’t suck and blow at the same time.

If it was truly their decision, maybe so. I believe I have the right to respectfully point out a bad decision. However, based on the analogy presented, would you have fired your attorneys who were charging nothing to represent you? Try to be honest, please.

If it was truly their decision, maybe so. I believe I have the right to respectfully point out a bad decision. However, based on the analogy presented, would you have fired your attorneys who were charging nothing to represent you? Try to be honest, please.
Bad decision, on who’s part? The majority of the employees at that terminal, and I point out probably some who voted yes to the union, have decided for whatever reason, the union is not for them.
You have said in the past here that the employees pay no dues until a contract is ratified. That’s the unions choice to offer pro bono.

Bad decision, on who’s part? The majority of the employees at that terminal, and I point out probably some who voted yes to the union, have decided for whatever reason, the union is not for them.
You have said in the past here that the employees pay no dues until a contract is ratified. That’s the unions choice to offer pro bono.

On their part. What reason? Let any one of them state a valid reason for decertification and I will stand corrected. With a contract negotiation at about 85% done and no cost to them to continue the negotiations, what possible valid reason could you or anyone else provide to decertify now. They were coerced and placated financially by the company. If you were able to answer my question honestly, you might see my point here.

On their part. What reason? Let any one of them state a valid reason for decertification and I will stand corrected. With a contract negotiation at about 85% done and no cost to them to continue the negotiations, what possible valid reason could you or anyone else provide to decertify now. They were coerced and placated financially by the company. If you were able to answer my question honestly, you might see my point here.
It’s their barns choice. They chose to join, they chose to leave. I get it doesn’t help your cause out, but your being very two faced on this.

It’s their barns choice. They chose to join, they chose to leave. I get it doesn’t help your cause out, but your being very two faced on this.
As Hollywoodz point out time and time again he has no respect for the right of the employees to vote NO or to de-certify. Just read his posted. if you don't vote YES you are wrong in his eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.