XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
but you seem to have no answer to the question I asked in the last post.
I did answer. You chose not to read or accept it. The union offered the contract negotiations free of their own choice. That’s the risk they chose to take. How is it the fault of the employees that they didn’t like the product the union was offering?
He must have me on ignore. I gave my answer in post #9041 https://truckingboards.com/bb/threads/xpo-union-thread.76678/page-453#post-1428041

I admit it’s tempting to put you on ignore at times :poke:. I doubt he has you on ignore. He has never done it in the past don’t see why he would start now.

I NEVER ignore anyone. I am trying to remain respectful and if I responded to that post, I may have been unsuccessful in that endeavor.

I NEVER ignore anyone. I am trying to remain respectful and if I responded to that post, I may have been unsuccessful in that endeavor.
That’s unfortunately all they have is to demean the poster.
I just wondered if everyone was aware that as of August 1, 2019, a dropped trailer is a 3 day suspension and 2 strikes???
Oh goody....just in time for the cold weather when the sludge up fifth wheel mechanisms start to fail to hook completely.

With dockworkers being put into place in a big way , it looks like a missed opportunity for those in favor of unionization.

In a unionizing effort why would you ignore these folks?

One location that specifically excluded dockworkers in their election was XPH- I'd be interested to know why that was.

That is such a misleading statement. That 15% is the stuff that people actually care about and that will be the hardest to get. Negotiation isn't linear- you do the easy stuff first. No one joins a union to agree on federal discrimination standards and what day of the week payday will be.

EXACTLY THIS !!!

I just wondered if everyone was aware that as of August 1, 2019, a dropped trailer is a 3 day suspension and 2 strikes???

Yes. People keep dropping trailers. So they have increased the severity of the event. Instead of hiring capable people or training people to be capable. They will just increase the turnover rate. It's just not high enough for Jacobs standards. More turnover improves the bottom line.

One location that specifically excluded dockworkers in their election was XPH- I'd be interested to know why that was.
And how would you know that? Unless you were directly involved. No one was specifically excluded. We didn’t have but a couple of dock workers at the time and they weren’t planning on staying into the winter. They were approached and didn’t want to get involved. It was their choice. Unlike the company who forced and Osd clerk into it to try to sway her father who worked there ( he has since left)
Your a driver on the west coast and you claim to no everything that went on at Xph.

Maybe you should concentrate on Zebu and let go of the past ,this ain’t your fight. Hasn’t been since you road out of the barn.

Last edited:
And how would you know that? Unless you were directly involved. No one was specifically excluded. We didn’t have but a couple of dock workers at the time and they weren’t planning on staying into the winter. They were approached and didn’t want to get involved. It was their choice. Unlike the company who forced and Osd clerk into it to try to sway her father who worked there ( he has since left)
Your a driver on the west coast and you claim to no everything that went on at Xph.

Maybe you should concentrate on Zebu and let go of the past porky this ain’t your fight. Hasn’t been since you road out of the barn.

Let's be honest, unionization will never happen. I think I read where a carrier just decertified. The teamsters are a dying breed and most shippers today would rather avoid union carriers. Both remining large union LTL carriers are in wage reduction programs, job security is questionable at best and working conditions are better at non union carriers.
Go ahead and try but from what I remember didn't a few terminals vote in a union only to back off that desire?? Same occurred at FedEx Frt?????
I'd stay as far away from that pension as I could. That is going to end ugly.....

Like Gene said. Only on the road or a public place. Is that punishment too harsh, why?

Because, in my case, at least, the 5th wheel was defective. Despite the fact that a vendor changed the spring kit 3 days later, the SRB still ruled preventable. With the absolute lack of proper maintenance, especially in cold weather locations, dropped trailers will continue to happen more often. When all you have between you and a 3 day suspension AND 2 strikes is the SRB, many will find themselves in a hole too deep to dig out of. The company will NEVER admit to a poorly maintained vehicle as the liability would be too much to bear.

Additionally, right after the Teamsters came to Miami, the company brought in a vendor to service ALL of our 5th wheels. We had Sterlings mostly back then. Of the 45 or so tractors assigned to our location, twelve (12) 5th wheels were replaced. Either a coincidence or an indication that they will only do what is necessary to keep these vehicles rolling. Sterlings were pretty good tractors, as opposed to the junk they are buying now. This will all catch up to them sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.