Yellow | Yellow Corporation Schedules Second Quarter 2021 Earnings Conference Call

In our younger days, we never dreamed of the demise of Nabisco or Sears.
Today, nothing is a surprise.
Back in the eighties Kmart was a very big Roadway account at ABQ, NM. I would leave in my Roadway pumpkin hooked to a 28' trailer with over 40 bills to deliver. After delivering to three different Kmart locations, I would have about ten deliveries left.

Last edited:
Back in the eighties Kmart was a very big Roadway account at ABQ, NM. I would leave in my Roadway pumpkin hooked to a 28' trailer with over 40 bills to deliver. After delivering to three different Kmart locations, I would have about ten deliveries left.
J C Penny was one of our big accounts, a lot of bills but always a light load.
Don't know if they are still in business.

Sears was a great company to work for. I have an old family friend who raised his family working on the loading dock of a Sears store in California. Also got a pension, they were union. These days it’d be some part timer making a dime over minimum wage.
Brother had 38 yrs, his wife 40, both were dept. managers.

J.C. Penney is still around at quite a few malls, although not nearly the number of locations as in their heyday. They were sold to Simon Property Group, the owner of a bunch of malls. If Simon hadn't bought them they were going to liquidate in bankruptcy.
We had one in a mall near us. Now they are tearing the mall down.

Second quarter conference call sometimes they give out information like that at the conference call
Ok, that makes sense! Question...is it just in my part of the world or has the mergers and changes kind of slowed down the last few months? For a while it seemed like every time you talked to someone you found out something new and since the end of winter it appears to me changes have slowed way down.

by%20Frd%20Blocher
IF 2nd Qrt numbers are bad again , rumor is the B.O.D. is going to call them back to turn it around again & get a 2nd covid-rabies loan !

by%20Frd%20Blocher
IF 2nd Qrt numbers are bad again , rumor is the B.O.D. is going to call them back to turn it around again & get a 2nd covid-rabies loan !
I remember when you took that picture in the meeting with Jamie, partner. Jim was telling us about the size of the mirrors he saw on a truck going down 294 that day. He stated they were huge...

Sears was a great company to work for. I have an old family friend who raised his family working on the loading dock of a Sears store in California. Also got a pension, they were union. These days it’d be some part timer making a dime over minimum wage.
they had thier own freight company!!! cant remember name System freight or signal delivery ?