TForce | 0 Tolerance

Talk about negative attitudes... why dont you just clean it up your self instead of crying about it and posting blame on others. if you drove it last its your fault. I am cleaning up debris left by others all the time, setting a good example. look next to the fuel pumps, there is a recepticle for that purpose.

wassesname said:
Talk about negative attitudes... why dont you just clean it up your self instead of crying about it and posting blame on others. if you drove it last its your fault. I am cleaning up debris left by others all the time, setting a good example. look next to the fuel pumps, there is a recepticle for that purpose.
I assume that your post is directed towards me. I think you really understood where we were coming from, But your anger got the best of this post?

Buster ... did my last post start out with "Buster ..."? are you OK today, you dont quit seem to be your self. I am not angry, i am looking forward to a bright future.

wassesname said:
Buster ... did my last post start out with "Buster ..."? are you OK today, you dont quit seem to be your self. I am not angry, i am looking forward to a bright future.
And I am also looking for that same future that you are.

I'd like to have the money in lost equipment..

thats gone out of our terminal on Appointment,and P&D routes that have never come back,or the load bars looking like someone blew them up along the run?

I always tell my TM to asign hand jacks,load bars,and hand carts to the drivers that want them.
He never does,than when one of us goes out last,we come up short on missing equipment.
Which makes are job that much harder.

I've been a P&D driver here for just over 20 years.
I brought my own personal load bars,and 2 hand carts from the union jobs I had.
I tryed to keep my stuff in a place it would be hard to get.
But after most of the Overnite equipment was lost,first one of my bars was found broken,one hand cart gone,the other one had a bent axle making it useless.

So as for me I say its good for UPS Freight to finaly address these money wasting issues,
that have gone on way to long.

Apostolic said:
When I worked for Teamster union LTL companies,all that damaged freight or equipment were first warned,than writen up.
The next time it was three days off without pay.
Most of the time if it got as far as the three days off.
That got their attention to be more careful,performing their jobs.
If this was taken to the union rep's., by the employee.
The rep's told us to slow down,and watch what we were doing.
They said they couldn't help if we weren't being careful.

I was very surprised when hiring on at Overnite,that our employees were warned,and warned,over,and over,thats as far as it went?

The same people wreaking freight,and equipment for all the years they've worked here,with nothing more than a warning?

I've always woundered why they were warned, if there was nothing to back up the warning?

I posted some time ago how I took pictures of the damage on my route trailer due to poor loading.

Well they either don't bother loading me up when I'm out with an appointment load,and I have to finish when I get back.
Or they'er very careful that its loaded right.

All the pictures I've taken,just showing the dock crew never got me anywhere.

The last set I showed my TM,he grab them,and got in the dock crews face with them,lately my route has become claim free.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

This is supposedly part of the "flavor of the week" changes I have been referring too. About time there is accountability in the system. I hate the extra paperwork.

I purchased my own hand carts,and kept them locked up.

When I was working for union companies I knew I'd always have a cart when I needed one if it was mine.
I had an aluminum,one,and also a heavier metal cart.

You need safety shoes,you write them off on your taxes,with equipment you can do the same.

The load bars were given to me,when my last union company went under.

The point I was making is that I had this equipment for many years.
When I brought it to Overnite.
Even when I chained,it with a lock.
It was my loss when I forgot to secure it.

I kept my load bars by my route door,with my name,and even put Acts 2:38 saved in Jesus name on them.
Some how they went away?

One bar was broken in half.

This is my stuff,but our terminal has lost a lot of Overnites equipment as well.

I say have the users sign it out,if it doesn't find its way back,they have to make the next purchase if they want more.
Whats wrong with that idea?
I think its fair.

Apo ... dont forget union dues are deductable too, but cant you take your bent hand carts and broken load bars as an uninsured loss?

I don't think Uncle Sam would go for that?

Becides how can I prove,that one of my co-workers needed my equipment more than I did,after they lost their stuff.

The only thing I know to do is Ask God to forgive them on judgement day.
(Heb.9:27)
Than write it off in my mind.

I've got more of my personal equipment now.
a good chain,and lock.
I lock my hand cart to the company pallet jack I was asigned to,than park them way away from where the forklifts can drive over them.

Maybe with the new zero tolerance,I may have a good chance of keeping my stuff safe?

Or not?
Like Skeeter always says (TIME WILL TELL)

wassesname said:
Skeeter is a swell guy.

Thanks, I think everything is going to work out fine with all of us at UPSF. If that means union I'll be just as happy.

With us and ABF and YRCW we will be the majority in the LTL and Conway and the few nonunions will step up to the plate or someone will buy them.

Hopefully the rest of USF will become union also. The bright yesteryear may be just around the corner.

Skeeter said:
Thanks, I think everything is going to work out fine with all of us at UPSF. If that means union I'll be just as happy.

With us and ABF and YRCW we will be the majority in the LTL and Conway and the few nonunions will step up to the plate or someone will buy them.

Hopefully the rest of USF will become union also. The bright yesteryear may be just around the corner.

This is a dawn of a new era, and I hope to hell it work's out for us in the long run.