Yellow | 04-23-2006 More Layoffs At Yellow Freight

We had an approximate 225 board in COL, they transfered about 40 out, then laid off another 60 that they said that they probley would not be back, then laid off about 50 more. We now have a 50 man board that is working. What is strange is that we have more work in COL yet they won't call any more drivers back.
Glad to hear the work has increased in COL.
Too bad they wont call some more people back to move it.From what I can tell its going on across the company not just COL.Have you heard of COL people going to CGB on a work
opp? Also heard some more retired.I am laid off
at COL and am trying to keep up with new developments there.

COL lay offs

Glad to hear the work has increased in COL.
Too bad they wont call some more people back to move it.From what I can tell its going on across the company not just COL.Have you heard of COL people going to CGB on a work
opp? Also heard some more retired.I am laid off
at COL and am trying to keep up with new developments there.

I am laid off from COL as well, I am approx. 9 away from being called back. I have heard some rumors that some of the lower seniority drivers went to CGB but I can't verify who. We have had about 4 retire since Jan

yeah - what is up with that - don't we still have a few still on layoff?

md_e: Look at the date.......that post was 4 of 2007. ATL Road laid off 35 and then called 12 back for 1 week and then laid 5 off those back off....what a mess.....KK

40 applicants, I guess that answers many people question when they say who would do this for 4 hrs and that amount of money... :duh:

No kidding. My first thought was, that is very discouraging. Then I thought, that just goes to show how desperate people are for work. By the way, did you see your information worked? It took me a while, but I finally got there.

I think in Ohio, their ability to hire Casuals is directly related to whether the Casuals can effectively steal everything portable that doesn't make it into an outbound trailer!!!
They'll need to hire Casual babysitters also. :hysterical::hysterical:

They are putting new Walmart near us. We think it will be a wonderful boost to the economy. All the low income people will now able to spend more money on heat, electricity and buying a car, since they'll get all the small things for free!!!

I think in Ohio, their ability to hire Casuals is directly related to whether the Casuals can effectively steal everything portable that doesn't make it into an outbound trailer!!!
They'll need to hire Casual babysitters also. :hysterical::hysterical:

They are putting new Walmart near us. We think it will be a wonderful boost to the economy. All the low income people will now able to spend more money on heat, electricity and buying a car, since they'll get all the small things for free!!!

:biglaugh:Sorry to hear your getting a Walmart near you :hysterical:there goes the neighborhood as far as casuals stealing off the dock..Is this knowledge from first hand experience.....

:biglaugh:Sorry to hear your getting a Walmart near you :hysterical:there goes the neighborhood as far as casuals stealing off the dock..Is this knowledge from first hand experience.....

Whats used to be neat, was when they first came up with door sensors for merchandise. Some people would have the guilty look, knowing they were busted, others would throw the stolen merchandise back into the store and run!!! Firsthand non union, non freight experience, Yes. I know one person who gave a two week notice, then started price overriding her severance package.

About a month ago, we bought groceries, the cashier was telling us how she was a new employee. Our FUEL PERKs money didn't show up on our receipt. We had to go through all the motions, with customer service to get them posted to our card. In the process, they mentioned that somehow while our order was being rung, our fuels perks money, about $9, had been transferred by the computer to a non registered card number. Never saw that clerk again either!!!

I was told when RFO opened up, they were using temporary employees. Some, as the story goes, were spending more time carrying stuff out to their cars than working the freight.

Maybe you shouldn't shop at walmart :chairshot:go where they have educated cashiers..:biglaugh:we had one here at the local mini mart that would do the same thing,always roll up your change in a ball and then was very polite to tell you have a nice day
while shorting you a few cents.Had quite a side income till she got caught.Trouble is these companies do not follow up and just let them go..:chairshot: and As far as the layoffs go until they stop using this formula in the AM inbound to figure out how many drivers they need,they are going to be missing pick-ups and missed pick-ups leads to less linehaul loads etc and etc.It is like no manager wants to bring in more help on his watch in case he doesn't need them..