100% Utility Terminals?

Discussion in 'Holland' started by Northern Flash, Feb 19, 2008.

1. stldude44

stldude44 Active Member

Judging from what others around the system are saying it seems that maybe the Locals have been given some latitude to apply the UE position as they see fit. I could very easily be wrong about that but it seems we've all heard different versions of how it will work. It could be that the Company doesn't care how it works as long as somebody does it.

2. Overboard

Overboard Member

STLDUDE is right. Say they need 4 UE drivers.... If seniority aloows them, 4 can come from the road.. Next bid comes around.. Unless they add more UE positions the road cannot bid.

The 4 that came from the road can now bid into the city... This is where I now have the problem... They can bid into the city with there full seniority rights...I now start going backwards in the city..

Like I stated. If the contract does not protect us ALL and ALL our seniority rights... It should have never passed.

3. valkf6

valkf6 New Member

our union at work again

4. x475

x475 Member

I'm sure they don't care who does the work; a managers dream would be no seniority, no bids, no classifications. Just show up shut up and do as you're told. :chairshot:

5. Cab Lizzard

Cab Lizzard Well-Known Member

Utility Bids

No Utility bids in SLC.

6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

This is a great conversation. But why did we buy this car without ever popping the hood? These questions are great. It may not matter to the mgt. who gets them, but it matters to us drivers (all classifications) because we have the right to protect our seniority. I cannot believe that this late in the game, we still do not know the facts. Why would the Union allow a different set of rules in every barn?:chairshot: Here we go again on these different set of rules in each barn. I will be sending out some E-mails this weekend to try to get some quotes from the BAs. And YES, I will hold them to their answers if they give me bad info. My guess is that I will not get a straight answer. Stay tuned. I'll report back with the answers, if I ever get them.:smilie_132:

7. Grumpy

Grumpy Member

When did Holland open in SLC:hysterical:

8. wireman1234

wireman1234 Member

I think he is on the wrong board!:chairshot:

9. Mustang

Mustang Member

According to our BA the company can desiginate ANY FREIGHT to be utility freight!

10. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Exactly! Thanks Mustang. Who gets to decide what frt. is UTILITY frt? The company of course. Which tells me that a UE can move any frt. Full House...."Can't move any frt. at any other terminal unless it is utility frt." Here is a sentence out of the CONTRACT. It is not the intent to use Utility Employees to perform local peddle runs or P&D work outside their Local Union's jurisdiction. I don't know about YOUR jurisdiction, but we have more that one terminal under local 406 JURISDITION. That tells me that a utility driver COULD do all work at another local 406 terminal. Correct me if I'm wrong. Since a UE has to be home after each shift, the UE work will only be at each terminals closest neighboring terminals, which would in many cases be in the same Locals juristiction. Right? :smilie_132:

11. cornflake

cornflake Member

we were told its a one way door . the guy bids off the road to the ue,he stays there. no exceptions cant go backto road cant bump the citylist.stuck in uncertainty at the bottom. great deal huh.

12. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

can only blame those who voted yes but everyone voted no right thats the consensus

13. Overboard

Overboard Member

Cornflake. They bump into the city with their seniority. I have been over this a bunch of times with my stewarts.
    They cannot go back to the road. They can and will bump on into the city.

GREAT CONTRACT.

Now, even our seniority is not protected.

14. cornflake

cornflake Member

we were assured at our local meeting in buffalo.no way will that happen they will have no chance at all to bump into our city list with their senority. we too have been over this with the same same answer NOT GOING TO HAPPEN...does'nt seem odd that yrc is going to try to re invent holland . personally i dont think they are qualified with their reputation of service, claims and not caring about the customer?the only thing i can see they do well is borrow money they cant repay,purchase successfull companies,and turn them into garbage,bleed them of all profitable customers show them as a loss, convince shareholders to close them and move on. I would like to see what accomplishment these captains of industry,can claim other than sucking off some company ---.

15. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

they cant look to there equipment for example.......... garbage ..... service ........ garbage..........:smilie_132:.............. forgot to add Moral as a corparation ................ GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!1

16. Grumpy

Grumpy Member

So you think there will be 3 boards road, city, ue,? Thats going to happen. UE will be on the city board so they do get to keep all company seniorty. Road driver following his work

17. Overboard

Overboard Member

One thing is for sure. We are about to find out what they can and cannot do.
    What they will and will not do.

18. wireman1234

wireman1234 Member

Nah, I dont think thats gonna happen. This company might be a circus but it sure aint no rodeo....:chairshot:

19. Overboard

Overboard Member

I dont understand you all when you say a road driver following his work.
    Road driver hauls the load from point A to point B as of now.
    City driver fuels, hooks and loads the freight as of now.
    New UE position allows that same road driver to now be able to fuel, hook and load his freight.
    That is taking work from the city. No one knows what UE freight is going to be.
    If it is freight we are already hauling and you now come over into the city and perform what we once did and still haul it down the road. What are you losing.... to follow

City man is losing work. Not the road man.

The only thing that is going to change is the road man will be doing more work for less pay.

20. Sevenn

Sevenn Member

BINGO! "The only thing that is going to change......."