Yellow | 11/15/10 yrc change of operations

I don't see this being a total of 50 terminals closing. Does this mean it's only round one? Thanks Jeff!!!

This is part of the change from Jan 2009. The bankers told them at that time they could not have the money to do all of it then. Bankers gave them enough to do it in three stages. This is suppose to be stage two with one more to come at a later date.

Don't sell everybody short. From the folks I've talked with, this was their last hoorah. April is a better time to look for a job then Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year, don't you think? Besides, I'd rather take the summer not the winter off.

I've decided to vote yes ! Keep YRC alive ! Save our jobs !

Why all the animosity about YES voters, most would be lost on TB without the YRC drama. Why not carry on and collect another paycheck?

Proves my point once again!! For all the "YES" voters, just how much more are you going to give them?? You give they take..again and again and again! Looking forward to April when they want you "Yes" men to vote on the pension where they will pay ZERO into the pension! (And you will, once again, cave to the pressures!)

Good luck to the people that will be laid off!

I need to know, I thought as union members that we would except what the majority voted for. Is that not what being in a union is all about? Don't we unite after the majority makes there choice in the matter? Why go on a web site and mock and put down the majority? Are you showing unity by doing this? Are you showing respect toward your fellow brother and sisters? If this is what being a brother teamster has come to then all that so many have fought for was lost long before the majority voted in the concessions. No one wants to give back we just want to be around to take back what we should have when the time is rite. Brothers and sisters show some respect and stay united.

JV, great post. But lets keep in mind, in this day and age, it's all about me!!! No one in the union cares about the brother or the sister. It's all about what is good for me. If I have a job and a paycheck and my fellow brother or sister sitting below me in seniority gets left out in the cold, oh well, that's too bad, I still have a job and a paycheck. Thats why the vote was a majority yes. If we would have stuck together like we should have as "Teamsters", the vote would have been "NO". But like I said, in this day and age, the union and sticking together for the better cause means nothing. We pay our dues for Jimmy to keep eating steaks every evening while we eat burgers.

I hope you who voted yes are one of the ones in the unemployment line. If not, maybe on the next vote you can also vote yes when they ask you to pay half of your health & welfare insurance to.

JV, great post. But lets keep in mind, in this day and age, it's all about me!!! No one in the union cares about the brother or the sister. It's all about what is good for me. If I have a job and a paycheck and my fellow brother or sister sitting below me in seniority gets left out in the cold, oh well, that's too bad, I still have a job and a paycheck. Thats why the vote was a majority yes. If we would have stuck together like we should have as "Teamsters", the vote would have been "NO". But like I said, in this day and age, the union and sticking together for the better cause means nothing. We pay our dues for Jimmy to keep eating steaks every evening while we eat burgers.

YOU can afford burgers?? Geez, I'm now so broke that I've had to hit up the homeless food pantry for pork & beans and a Chinese lighter, so I can start the trash can on fire to heat them up!!

I need to know, I thought as union members that we would except what the majority voted for. Is that not what being in a union is all about? Don't we unite after the majority makes there choice in the matter? Why go on a web site and mock and put down the majority? Are you showing unity by doing this? Are you showing respect toward your fellow brother and sisters? If this is what being a brother teamster has come to then all that so many have fought for was lost long before the majority voted in the concessions. No one wants to give back we just want to be around to take back what we should have when the time is rite. Brothers and sisters show some respect and stay united.

I agree great post JV........ Shame it's not that way and hasn't been for years.......... Read Golfman's responce and that's the teamster union I know and worked for since being in the union.......

You reap what you sow.

Let the company run things however they want within the parameters of the agreement. You voted away the right to object.

You reap what you sow.

Let the company run things however they want within the parameters of the agreement. You voted away the right to object.

You are right Vwaggs.......And guess what.??.........More concessions are coming and the yes will win again........nuff said......

does anybody have news on the hours of service????10 or 11?? and when??? if it is 10 then some of these run will have to change...calling for another cooo!!!lol lol lol

Amazing....almost 20,000 hits on this thread in 2 days...."when you want to know what is going on"....TRUCKINGBOARDS.COM!.....KK

Golfman hit it right on the money. We've been engineered away from being family-oriented to being self-centered. There are a ton of factors to blame including technology, the media and the government, just to name a few. We discard our elderly family members to nursing homes instead of taking them into our own homes. I can remember growing up with parents and grandparents both living under the same roof. Everyone is too busy looking out for number one and taking a number two on everyone else who gets in their way. I hate that things are going the way they are for you guys, but this is why the union is just about obsolete in this day and age. The members won't come together, the union has no teeth left and, despite the pep talks about solidarity, people are just not going to sacrifice the perceived welfare of their own family and paycheck to stand up for someone else at the risk of losing what they have. It's just not going to happen. Don't sweat it much, though. The way things are going, the government will eventually own all the trucking companies and we can all be one, big, happy family :)

Trucking will never be what it was in it's hayday read other co. posts. Members trying to organize and make things right for all co's to put ALL on a level playing field all reference YRC and negativity about UNIONS! Can't we put one positive thing on this board? instead of sticking each other in the back YES vs NO? We really don't have it that bad here. IMO