FedEx Freight | 2011 Poll Company Seniority or Board Seniority

Company Seniority or Board Seniority

• Company Seniority for all bids and vacations

Votes: 84 48.3%
  • Board Seniority for all bids and vacations

Votes: 90 51.7%

• Total voters
Never will let it go will you. Let it go, just cant can you. I will challenge you to see how long you could stay away from this subject. Maybe next time you would have put on your big boy boots and just went to the road, because now it seems you are addicted to complaining about something you cant have now. Well you snooze you lose. Remember, leave the past in the past and move on if you can and maybe with a little less crying. I know you wont like this and you know who i am talking about, move on already!
What are you rambling about?

Come on Joe, you don't think a little message board like this matters do you? The only way they would ever do something like this is if they could gain financially by doing so in my opinion....

Would it be cheaper for them to go to a one board system?

That's right. Like everything else it boils down to costs. That's why I don't see them going to one board (at least not in the near future) Any time you have people moving from one job to another there's costs involved. There's a period of time it takes for a driver to get used to the new job so he can do it quick and efficient and that hurts the bottom line. It's kinda of like the costs involved in a elcheapo company that has a big driver turn over, but just not as bad. And with the economy still sluggish and fuel going up again every penny counts right now.

It might have been said before in this little poll, but those 15 year FXFE city drivers have always had an opportunity to go to the road whenever a position became available. Thats the way its been for a long time. Those are the ones "crying" about the need for a single board. Jealousy does not get any rewards. If you want to come to the road board you may have to sit at home a few nights a week for a while............oh wait........I'm not saying anything new here at all, thats why they did'nt come to the road board BEFORE. Kleenex is on sale at the store, 3 boxes for 4.99.

It might have been said before in this little poll, but those 15 year FXFE city drivers have always had an opportunity to go to the road whenever a position became available. Thats the way its been for a long time. Those are the ones "crying" about the need for a single board. Jealousy does not get any rewards. If you want to come to the road board you may have to sit at home a few nights a week for a while............oh wait........I'm not saying anything new here at all, thats why they did'nt come to the road board BEFORE. Kleenex is on sale at the store, 3 boxes for 4.99.

Here ya go Driver
cookies-and-milk.jpg

Pretty easy to tell who has less seniority on here. Company seniority all way! Bid yearly for job class.10-4 truckdriver.

Not realy driver they (the comany ) did not start posting job openings at are center til 2003 thank you I was second one to come out when that happen, Up til then you just had a good ole boy or some ones brother in law from the bottem just start on road one Monday so go figure.

Makes for a nice debate on Truckingboards but there will never ever be one board at FedEx Freight. For the company, there are many reasons for two boards and no reason to make it one. Simple as that.

If they went to one board it wouldn't be as easy for them to get rid of the road drivers who are making top dollar over city drivers like they have the last couple of lay offs. It works well enough the way it is don't muck it all up any worse than it already is. I don't know if we would have any guys from the city bump to the road or not since we don't have any day time runs.

I would like board seniorty! I got a guy who transferred with me to Road who has been with the company for almost 10 years but got his License 2 years ago! I have been with the company for almost 6 years (watkins driver) he would jump me in line and alot of other drivers if they went company seniority!

I don't think they will ever allow city drivers or road drivers to just bump to the city or road every time there is a bid. There is to big of a pay difference! If anything I think it will go to company seniority an you can only transfer if there is an opening. That way driver are protected from being bump into a job they can't afford and they also take a tool away from the union by using company seniority.

Leave it alone.
Says the man with 2 yrs in :eck13: You better hope there is never a layoff here because with only 2 years you may get a shot at the dock if they do, the bottom of the dock, last in line. If they did it by company seniority you could probably get at least a city job.

Its always Pand D scum that want it switched cuz they were to stupid to transfer early and now they want a spot on the board like they did. Just stay city and shut it!