Yellow | 2019! It's On!

The YRCW companies have approx. 20,000 Teamster employees. You really think they care about what a few dozen complainers on TB have to say?
Not really. Wait, maybe they do. Maybe they are checking the landscape to see if they can convince ya all to give up another 10%. I mean that is there job, right? To convince you to work another contract for less money than you currently enjoy. Based on the last 2 contracts, they were were successful beyond their wildest dreams. Based on their victory why not try for more give backs? Bonus check bonanza come to mind. Not your, theirs. von.

Help me here. Ar you saying a van is backed in to the door. You are told to break it. Half way thru someone says that is struck freight. How do we know this? And if the President of your local comes on the dock (because to me that would be required) & tells you to stop unloading the trailer as your TM (excuse me, Service Center Manager for ABF) says you are fired if you stop. What would you do? I am all for picket lines & slow working the freight, but this is quite direct. Oh, I forgot to mention, the mortgage & the truck payment are due @ the end of the week & funds are running low. What do you do? One last thing, the wife's car is coming out of the shop tomorrow, another 1300 dollar bill. What do I do? Is this real world thinking or just a thought that has run off the deep end? von.
Help me here. Ar you saying a van is backed in to the door. You are told to break it. Half way thru someone says that is struck freight. How do we know this? And if the President of your local comes on the dock (because to me that would be required) & tells you to stop unloading the trailer as your TM (excuse me, Service Center Manager for ABF) says you are fired if you stop. What would you do? I am all for picket lines & slow working the freight, but this is quite direct. Oh, I forgot to mention, the mortgage & the truck payment are due @ the end of the week & funds are running low. What do you do? One last thing, the wife's car is coming out of the shop tomorrow, another 1300 dollar bill. What do I do? Is this real world thinking or just a thought that has run off the deep end? von.
That's where you find you true members who believe in the core values of the teamsters unfortunately most intentionally disregard. A different breed my friend now.

Now you mean we get our 15% back + full payment to Central States and a raise above that for every year of the contract? If so I agree, best ever contract in the history of the IBT. On the other hand, please don't take offense to this, just what the hell are you smoking? Your thought on a good contract is a great one, it just lacks substance. Is there anything specific that leads you to believe the best CBA in history will be signed by all the party's? While you at it, tell Hoffa & our Freight Director just how you feel. Then please, get back to us here @ TB @ let us know what they said. Just asking. von.

I think we should at least demand 5% and/or a week's vacation. Or maybe some level of 401k matching for guys like me that will never see a dime from CSPF. Anything.

My thinking is that unless we demand some kind of gain, we will definitely fail to even do the minimum to hold the line. They will come after our healthcare, maybe using the Cadillac Tax to justify it if that's still in play.

For this to mean diddly ::shit::, we need to be talking to each other about 2019 at our barns and planning a unified message and approach, starting yesterday. We need to be prepared to shut it all down.

Otherwise, we can have the greatest negotiators in the history of negotiating and it wouldn't matter. YRCW could just say "so what" and probably will.

If the international really cared to push for improvements in freight, they would already be talking to us about contract issues. They aren't. It starts with us and ends with us!

I think we should at least demand 5% and/or a week's vacation. Or maybe some level of 401k matching for guys like me that will never see a dime from CSPF. Anything.

My thinking is that unless we demand some kind of gain, we will definitely fail to even do the minimum to hold the line. They will come after our healthcare, maybe using the Cadillac Tax to justify it if that's still in play.

For this to mean diddly :::shit:::, we need to be talking to each other about 2019 at our barns and planning a unified message and approach, starting yesterday. We need to be prepared to shut it all down.

Otherwise, we can have the greatest negotiators in the history of negotiating and it wouldn't matter. YRCW could just say "so what" and probably will.

If the international really cared to push for improvements in freight, they would already be talking to us about contract issues. They aren't. It starts with us and ends with us!
Y'all need to send a unified message to the Teamsters Union, that in 2019, we're going on strike , with or without the Teamsters Union support.

I do! Wasn't good.
I experienced two Teamsters strikes before the one in 1994. I was highly motivated for that one. I tried to set an example on the picket line we set up at my Roadway terminal. After a couple of encounters, I started to see that not many were following my example. After a really interesting encounter, myself, and a few of the hardcore were named in a retraining order. In retrospect, I told myself never again. The purpose of this post, is to give y'all an ideal what might be in store for you in 2019.

For this to mean diddly :::shit:::, we need to be talking to each other about 2019 at our barns and planning a unified message and approach, starting yesterday. We need to be prepared to shut it all down.

For ANY GAIN you have to get back the 15% (in keep the company afloat wages), & back to the 100% pension payment. Anything less than is not a gain. YRC employees voted to go backward. Until they gain back & exceed what they had, there is no gain. von.

Rumor has it they are closing the doors in 2019. So don't even worry about getting another contract.
So be it. You were looking for a job when you arrived, @ most likely will be when you leave. On the other hand, fold your ( I am going to stand up to them) cards & vote yes to less money & benefits, or stand a picket line. Your choice. von.

So what's the usual process for getting prepared for a contract fight? And, if that's not sufficient, what should be done?

I see that Teamsters United / TDU has a network for the UPS contract. Does the IBT consultation process actually set up rank and file committees, or just rely on officials to deal with everything?

You guys will not get everything, you need them to you a raise, improve the pension so people want to be teamsters again, vacation time over the next couple contracts, rebuild to get back all that you have lost. Just think if XPO and Fed Ex became teamsters to rebuild what use to be! Time for all truckers to wake up, all the truckers need better pay and benefits, it's a tough job on the road all the time all the sacrifice, and things in life that have to be given up, yep pay and benefits we make America move.