Yellow | 309 Will Be Losing Alot Of Job

We Are Still Wondering What Is Happening Freight Level Kinda High But
Inbound Dock Is Empty Only Using About 25 % Of It. Some New Account To Look For Its Bed Bath And Beyound 4000 Pc Sort Load We Are Skidding It Up And Sending Them Out Suppose To Have 660 Shipments In The Next Couple Of Weeks
We All Beleive Something Will Happen On The Inbound Dock But What And When No One Knows

Some New Account To Look For Its Bed Bath And Beyound 4000 Pc Sort Load We Are Skidding It Up And Sending Them Out Suppose To Have 660 Shipments In The Next Couple Of Weeks
Hey CR, 671 is working some BB&B big sort loads too. Unfortunately we are carting them up and will be spread all over vans and pups coming to a terminal near you!!:chairshot: They are small boxes and should be skidded up. They weigh around 7-8 lbs each and would make a nice heavy skid, but the powers that be want to be able to stuff them in every little crack in a trailer to attain that all elusive load factor!!

I'll go ahead and apologize to those terminals getting those boxes from us.:hide: DS.

Hey CR, 671 is working some BB&B big sort loads too. Unfortunately we are carting them up and will be spread all over vans and pups coming to a terminal near you!!:chairshot: They are small boxes and should be skidded up. They weigh around 7-8 lbs each and would make a nice heavy skid, but the powers that be want to be able to stuff them in every little crack in a trailer to attain that all elusive load factor!!

I'll go ahead and apologize to those terminals getting those boxes from us.:hide: DS.

It's funny how those "power to be" IDIOTS have absolutely no clue. When you factor in how long it takes each terminal to individually handle all those little cartons, the disgruntled checker (FHP?), the increased chance of checking errors, where have they saved money? All they have done is slowed down the whole process.
LOAD FACTOR IS A BEAN COUNTER'S WET DREAM :chairshot: It is contrary to the whole process they are trying to implement. All the changes in operation have been put in place to supposedly speed up transit times. But, these "IDIOT POWERS THAT BE" keep focusing on things that only look good on paper. Something to show their bosses that they are actually doing something. :biglaugh:

I have heard alot of changes comming, some terminals to be closing soon...Allentown for sure....13 more I'm hearing from a tm...don't be in denial...I remember when rdyer pie, and transcom did the same thing that yellow is doing now...face it guys..it is sure to come...they are buisness people and the company comes first, and first they will...

docksteward,

no. there 200 pound displays you can get 33 skids on a 53 but over here they want to get creative and lay them flat over the top garbage freight.

work

I work in St louis and I have heard that in southbend IN that the rules are differest have anybody expiereinced the same rules?? The road driver was shocked at what he had to do, but did not refuse to do it and told management that he was going to file a geievance. This is just an example of the premium service employee

docksteward,

no. there 200 pound displays you can get 33 skids on a 53 but over here they want to get creative and lay them flat over the top garbage freight.
OK, thanks snake........Just be glad that they didn't come from 671. They (mgmt) would have had us break the skids down and fill in every inch of those 53 footers!! Gotta get that load factor to make Dollar Bill his bonus!! :funky: DS.

OK, thanks snake........Just be glad that they didn't come from 671. They (mgmt) would have had us break the skids down and fill in every inch of those 53 footers!! Gotta get that load factor to make Dollar Bill his bonus!! :funky: DS.

That's why I work nights......Retards (management) aren't allowed to work after dark.:hysterical:

with the new change of ops we are to gain about 45 at 309 does anyone upstairs have a clue

RK, Realistically, do you think 45 drivers are going to transfer to 309? The recent changes where gaining terminals were lucky to pick up 30% of the "needed" drivers are proof that just 'cause they give a number, doesn't mean that is what is going to happen.

The only thing that is in doubt is the closeness of 313 to 309. That will be the question. My guess is 15 to 25 will transfer, but that is a guess.