Yellow | 681/653 Thread

be greatful for getting anything from these guys, hope it works out for you .
we still have hope in the east but the light is turning gray and im afraid will fade to black before long

653 fired 3 employees this weekend for leaving work sick. Just wondering if it's happening at any other terminals? They are calling it "using sickness as subterfuge". DS.

Ds 2 of them thursday for abandoning their job. They left early sick after being drafted for ot. Don't know about the third.

all the money wasted on dues for past 35 years its sounding better all the time

To make such a statement tells me you have not had a real world job in a long long time.I hear this from guys who have been working union jobs there whole life and just don't know better.I suggest working the dock down the steet at Roadrunner this would be a great job for you.:nutkick:

i see we have a disagreement here you only think of life as working a dock or driving a truck. i think there has to be something better to do with the rest of my working days .
i did other things besides working a dock .
and more than capable of earning enough in other ways

i see we have a disagreement here you only think of life as working a dock or driving a truck. i think there has to be something better to do with the rest of my working days .
i did other things besides working a dock .
and more than capable of earning enough in other ways
You are one of the lucky ones most of us do not have any other options.The numbers are prof that for a working man unions are the only way to go.Capitalism is cruel and a company will ::shit:: everybody and anybody for profit.The rest of the non union trucking companys will learn this lesson if we shut down.

5 layed off for this coming up weekend . who knows how many more to come .its time for them to come up with new lies to cover all the old lies they have told us

5 layed off for this coming up weekend . who knows how many more to come .its time for them to come up with new lies to cover all the old lies they have told us
Yea that makes sense.............we've been calling in guys to work all week and now it's the end of the month..........yea let's lay some guys off. Same old story.....DS.

they were hoping production would go up with out the OT and guys coming back. Seems it may have actually gone down like our pay and the 4 guys fired for leaving after being drafted for 2 hours. Well we could go on and on about all of the stupid things they are doing that impede our progress and productiveness. Oh and by the way bids are up again this makes about 8 rebids since March. Nothing like a little continuity in our lives to help settle things down.

they were hoping production would go up with out the OT and guys coming back. Seems it may have actually gone down like our pay and the 4 guys fired for leaving after being drafted for 2 hours. Well we could go on and on about all of the stupid things they are doing that impede our progress and productiveness. Oh and by the way bids are up again this makes about 8 rebids since March. Nothing like a little continuity in our lives to help settle things down.

As of this afternoon, layoffs this week were 3 total (sen. #180-182) and 2 of the four discharged last week, return on Mon. with full pay. The other 2 are still going to committee on Sept 16 in Myrtle Beach. And this is our 11th bid since March....g

Seems to me that more people have been working this week, Probably the most I've seen since April....That's counting Dock, Switchers, and Drivers..... Only seems fair that they lay some off..........Wouldn't want the guys who came back off of lay-off not to long ago
to get used to a pay check again or stable hours................Business as usual.......

Seems to me that more people have been working this week, Probably the most I've seen since April....That's counting Dock, Switchers, and Drivers..... Only seems fair that they lay some off..........Wouldn't want the guys who came back off of lay-off not to long ago
to get used to a pay check again or stable hours................Business as usual.......

you're absolutely right...even management will tell you, they are consistently working at least 40 laid off men over 40 hours each week, and could technically put them all back on, and work them, but as always, as long as they are laid off, they have the flexibility to use them whenever and however they want...and that will never change...mandatory OT for all shifts today.....and Metalmike, I'm still trying to meet you....I'm sure our paths have crossed already....g

you're absolutely right...even management will tell you, they are consistently working at least 40 laid off men over 40 hours each week, and could technically put them all back on, and work them, but as always, as long as they are laid off, they have the flexibility to use them whenever and however they want...and that will never change...mandatory OT for all shifts today.....and Metalmike, I'm still trying to meet you....I'm sure our paths have crossed already....g
If all those laid off people would take a week of unemployment I would think that might prompt a recall.. Getting the people to do that is a different story however.

I noticed a van being unloaded yesterday that had Holland pro labels on all the freight. Anyone else see this at their terminal? DS.

.....and Metalmike, I'm still trying to meet you....I'm sure our paths have crossed already....g

I'm sure we have....... probably when it slows down and I get busted back to the dock on lay-off.... Only really worked the dock at 653 for a whole 10 hours so far......... Did meet longblade the second Sat. I was over there.

I noticed a van being unloaded yesterday that had Holland pro labels on all the freight. Anyone else see this at their terminal? DS.

About 2 months ago one of our city drivers said he dropped 2
vans and 2 pups over at Holland, They loaded them and he went back over and picked them up.......

Holland loads us 2 or 3 vans a day in KCM. We deliver all of western Kansas for them. Interline, since they don't have service centers out there. I am sure you guys do some sort of interling with them at your location.

The Holland thing has been happening hereat 653 for well over 9 months, even before the merger. It is exactly what Happy2 says, we are just delivering their freight for them where they don't have service.

The Holland thing has been happening hereat 653 for well over 9 months, even before the merger. It is exactly what Happy2 says, we are just delivering their freight for them where they don't have service.

This is freight going thru out the system right?? I mean this is not all local freight is it??