Yellow | 681/653 Thread

Hey guys, Grizz from Holland in Memphis. We give YRC around 100 bills daily going to Ark, Miss, La and Tx. We also load Glen Moore and other purchased carriers with direct loads to Dallas and Houston to YRC terminals to be worked. We used to load this frt on Yellow pups. Don't know why it changed.

Holland loads us 2 or 3 vans a day in KCM. We deliver all of western Kansas for them. Interline, since they don't have service centers out there. I am sure you guys do some sort of interling with them at your location.
Thanks, Happy..........that's what I was thinking. I just thought I would put it out there. DS.

Hey guys, Grizz from Holland in Memphis. We give YRC around 100 bills daily going to Ark, Miss, La and Tx. We also load Glen Moore and other purchased carriers with direct loads to Dallas and Houston to YRC terminals to be worked. We used to load this frt on Yellow pups. Don't know why it changed.

Thanks for the info Grizz, I hope someone investigates this possible diversion of work.

Kudos to you and your local brothers Grizz. I was always treated well on the few visits I've made to your terminal.

All the rumors going around that YRCW will close Labor Day! Well, Labor Day came and went and guess what. YRCW is still here. Way to go guys. Yellow and Roadway was and is the best out there. Show us all how it's done...

Thanks for the info Grizz, I hope someone investigates this possible diversion of work.

Its not diversion of work....its called interlineing. I really wish some of you would think before you post. Yellow, Roadway, New Penn, Holland used to always give freight to other carriers when they didn't service an area. Now we can pretty much servce the entire US between the entire company. THINK, please.

Its not diversion of work....its called interlineing. I really wish some of you would think before you post. Yellow, Roadway, New Penn, Holland used to always give freight to other carriers when they didn't service an area. Now we can pretty much servce the entire US between the entire company. THINK, please.
If its going to a non-Union division we consider it a diversion of work. Don't give a rats arse who owns it. And to the best of my knowlege Glen Moore is Non at the moment. You want to call it interline, thats your business, I think otherwise. :Flame-On:

I must of missed where someone mentioned GM? What is being discussed is handing off freight to be delivered in cities that YRC does not cover or given to YRC where Holland doesn't cover. Yellow, Roadway have ALWAYS interlined. I really wish some of you would think before your post, maybe some of you don't have the ability to think!

I must of missed where someone mentioned GM? What is being discussed is handing off freight to be delivered in cities that YRC does not cover or given to YRC where Holland doesn't cover. Yellow, Roadway have ALWAYS interlined. I really wish some of you would think before your post, maybe some of you don't have the ability to think!

Originally Posted by Grizz

Read it real slow this time and use the ability you think everyone else has lost.

Yes I did miss the GM....you got me. Does Holland service these areas. If the answer is no, I don't see how you can call it diversion of work? Any way hope I can get my ability back to think back soon.

Yes I did miss the GM....you got me. Does Holland service these areas. If the answer is no, I don't see how you can call it diversion of work? Any way hope I can get my ability back to think back soon.
Ok we're close now. Grizz said they used to load it onto YRC now it is being loaded on GM. Now that is why I think it is being "diverted" to the cheepest carrier. We just give this stinking company 500 mil and they are still trying to get rid of us. If it was'nt for the Teamsters (not GM) we all, including you, would be out of a job. In my humble opinion, at this point in time "you" owe your job to the stupid Teamsters. Think on that when you imply we are brainless. :soapbox: I hope this better explains why I see diversion instead of interline. :shift:

I gotta go w/ Wolf there. I pulled many a relay load out of there last year. Haven't seen one at all this year, when in that neck of the woods.

I suppose that info should be gathered, and a greivance put in motion.

I know that our labor guys like these grievances, you know, the ones that will not be won by the union. This way when there are real greivances, they either lose some of their luster, or are put on the back burner.

I suppose that info should be gathered, and a greivance put in motion.

I know that our labor guys like these grievances, you know, the ones that will not be won by the union. This way when there are real greivances, they either lose some of their luster, or are put on the back burner.

I cannot see how a grievance can be filed. Holland is simply bidding out their freight to the lowest bidder, via the YRC joint sales force.

I cannot see how a grievance can be filed. Holland is simply bidding out their freight to the lowest bidder, via the YRC joint sales force.
Probably not grievable! And heaven forbid we take the moral high road and work together when we can save a few bucks.

Man was that a dumb statement on my part!!! :duh:

I love how the managers at 653 are saying that if production isn't increased, more layoffs will happen. Maybe they need to read article 20 of the NMFA and should do some reading on what forced OT causes............management 101!!

Glad to see our two brothers made it back from committee with back pay!!! DS.

hey dock , funny how we seem to be headed right back to where we were b4 the yes vote . what was the # layed off this last weekend 14 , since.... there has been forced o/t around the clock . talk about a moral boost and $ saving move.
hope you get back soon !!!

are freight levels increasing at all, is business looking up any or things about the same

We are part owners now or so they claim in the advertising and the preshift meetings that are being conducted, we as owers should be able to layoff the management who in some way feel that they should keep paying for supervision while we the asset side of this MISMANAGED company get told there is no work. We as owners should present a ratio of lets say one supervisor (paper pusher) per 15 people (Teamsters)who are doing this labor intense job. The way we are operating now seems like we are out to sea and no one is at the Helm of the ship and this so-called management team layed off everybody on the other side of this ever shrinking boat(dingy) and we just are paddleing in circles. Okay on the lighter side it's been weeks/months isn't it time for another COO?

I have to agree whole-heartedly with ya driver. Until there is some sort of accountability within the structure of management,then the age old excuse of blame the person performing the work for your own inefficienties will continue to add water to the submerged boat.Be careful of the finger-pointing that is prevalent within the management team.Until the labor is empowered with thoughts and ideas of performing the tasks at hand we will just continue to follow each other off the cliff.