Yellow | 681/653 Thread

Charlotte terminals not involved in big change this is a surprise.http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/yrc/59627-hot-off-fax-coo-may-2009-a.html Maybe will dodge the bullet this time .
Not involved by gaining or losing manpower....however, alot of these terminals that are closing we load to from CNC, it WILL change to way we direct load our freight, and may actually drop our tonnage levels somewhat, if other terminals start direct loading to where the freight is supposed to be going, we might see a drop, I believe the recent layoffs are a direct response to that, regardless of the fact that we are still busy right now, and the laid off are getting 6 and 7 punches.....g

also setting them up several days in advance, not enough work to justify putting them back on, but plenty of work to schedule them for days on end, plus o/t....

Anyone know what the hour count looked like this past week for 653? I would also be interested in the count over at 681. DS.
DS, hours are being counted every week, and of course thanks to the tainted NMFA contract formula, every week we come up short, EVEN with all the O/T hours being worked, the call offs, layouts, FMLA, and sick days kill us, you know how it is, everybody has to come to work for this to work.....we do good all week long, and come Fri and Sat, the bottom drops out and we end up breaking even or losing.....g

hey G-man,
There are 20 losers on our driver (LAY OFF BOARD) These losers are not only working for free but, These dumb rednecks will NEVER be called back full time because they are being used as extra board when needed. These dumb jerks can't see past there noses. It what can I get today, not thinking about tomorrow. Man this union sucks and this terminal is filled with really stupid people.

Doorknocker this is the same thing that went on at Winston for the last 4 years. unfortunately this is the Roadway model that Buffet Bob wants. Now before all of the Roadway Union guys holler at me when I say Roadway It is Management not hourly that I speak of.

Doorknocker this is the same thing that went on at Winston for the last 4 years. unfortunately this is the Roadway model that Buffet Bob wants. Now before all of the Roadway Union guys holler at me when I say Roadway It is Management not hourly that I speak of.

It just shocks me when I see people screw themselves along with a few others and they don't even see how they are taking there own futures away, along with full time employment, this will turn into a ups type of system. All part timers and no vacation or benies.

It just shocks me when I see people screw themselves along with a few others and they don't even see how they are taking there own futures away, along with full time employment, this will turn into a ups type of system. All part timers and no vacation or benies.
You're absolutely right, little by little this company has replaced the workforce with O/T that still covers the hours they need, every weekend the greedy guys get in line to put their names on the sign up sheets, not even realizing that someday it may be them out on the street.....

Hey devilfan..........in actuality, this way of "doing business" started at 671 around 2000-2001 by then terminal manager Scott S., who's farther up the food chain now. The only thing Bob is doing is what SS says to do.

I remember sitting in a meeting at 671 when SS introduced the idea of H&W being a flexible cost. That idea, which is not new by any means, was sharpened for the last 8 or 9 years. The whole time CNC was hiring during the early 2000's 671 had men in layoff and guys working forced OT and 6&7 punches.

The biggest difference was after a set of COO's during the mid 2000's more men started working the voluntary OT. With the core 671 guys standing there saying, "if they do it, I'm gonna get mine". It's hard for some guys to stand for something when the guy next to you is making $1,200 a week working the dock.

I know what you meant by RDWY model and I agree it sux and is not really saving $$ for the company. I just can't get anyone that has any kind of pull or real authority to "see the light through all the smoke". DS.

I also haven't heard of any more cuts in YRC mgmt, lately. I think the total for the 653 dock was around 3 or 4? If 653 keeps laying off dock workers there will be 1 dock supervisor for every 4 dock guys!! Wonder if they are keeping them for a reason?? DS.

I also haven't heard of any more cuts in YRC mgmt, lately. I think the total for the 653 dock was around 3 or 4? If 653 keeps laying off dock workers there will be 1 dock supervisor for every 4 dock guys!! Wonder if they are keeping them for a reason?? DS.

681 did let 2 supervisors go, Both came from 653 with the
change back in March...... John C. and Eric M.........
John worked in Linehaul and Eric was a dock super.........
Didn't know either one that well since they were there such a short time..........

i didnt even get the auto responce

Not much. looks like this:

Thank you for contacting the office of Governor Bev Perdue. We have received your email. If your email requires a response, we look forward to following up with you.

For additional information, please visit North Carolina Office of Governor Bev Perdue.

Sincerely,

Governor Bev Perdue

Office of Governor Bev Perdue

20301 Mail Service Center

Raleigh, NC 27699

1-800-662-7952 (for NC residents only)

919/733-4240

919/733-2120 (fax)

[email protected]

North Carolina Office of Governor Bev Perdue

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

no response yet by me either

Please don't wait for a response from the gov. office. You can't even get one from this so called union. I tried to email them about our "secret call board" you know, the laid off jerks who keep people from being called back to work full time. They know it's wrong thats why they won't respond when someone asks them a question in which they can't answer around the answer. Man they do not like us Yankees down here. They hate smart people.

Laid off 5 more from the dock last night as of this weekend.....STILL mandatory O/T for every shift, everyday......this ::shit:: is getting real old, someone needs to stop them.....

Here's the latest thing I received from the Governor's Office, Nothing to do with our problem here at work...... Looks like they put me on the mailing list.......

State Grant Helps Siemens Energy Expand in Charlotte
Gov. Bev Perdue on Thursday announced that Siemens Energy Inc., an international supplier of products and services for the generation, transmission and distribution of power, will expand its operations in Mecklenburg County. The company plans to invest nearly $50 million and create 226 jobs in Charlotte during the next five years.

“North Carolina is an international leader in innovative power and energy production, research and design,” Gov. Perdue said. “Our state continues to be attractive to leading-edge global companies looking to invest and expand here, thanks to our top-rated business climate, world-class research facilities, and skill and knowledge-based workforce.”

The state’s Economic Investment Committee met Thursday and voted unanimously to award a Job Development Investment Grant to Siemens Energy to facilitate this expansion. Under terms of the performance-based grant, the average annual wage of the 226 new jobs will start at $49,082 in 2009 and increase to $66,463 in 2013, not including benefits. That compares favorably with the Mecklenburg County average wage of $49,400.

Siemens currently employs 780 workers at the project location in Charlotte and has separate operations in Wake County and Forsyth County. The new jobs in Charlotte will include engineering employees and manufacturing workers. The engineering group will be housed in a 75,000-square-foot office facility, to be built adjacent to the existing manufacturing plant where the project’s other workers will be employed.

For more information about Siemens Energy Inc., including employment opportunities with the company, visit Siemens Energy.

Governor Perdue to Sign Smoking Ban Bill
Governor Perdue's statement regarding the smoking ban bill passed by the legislature Thursday:

"Today is an important and historic day for North Carolina – a day to applaud Rep. Hugh Holliman and Sen. Bill Purcell for protecting the health of North Carolinians.

I have vigorously supported efforts to reduce and eliminate smoking and this bill will help more North Carolina citizens avoid the dangers of secondhand smoke."

Governor Perdue will sign the bill during a ceremony on Tuesday.

"Click It or Ticket" Campaign
As a reminder of North Carolina’s seat belt laws and the importance of buckling up, Gov. Perdue announced today the launch of a statewide “Click It or Ticket” mobilization to crack down on motorists who are not wearing their seat belts. State and local law enforcement officers will step up enforcement activities during the May 18-31 campaign, which includes the Memorial Day holiday.

“The busy summer travel season is just beginning. This is an excellent time to remind people of the importance of buckling up,” said Perdue. “It costs nothing to buckle your seat belt, but it could cost you your life if you don’t. Please remember that all of your passengers should be properly buckled in seatbelts or age-appropriate child safety seats.”

In 2008, 484 unbuckled motorists died in North Carolina. Regular seat belt use is the single most effective way to protect people and reduce fatalities in motor vehicle crashes. When worn correctly, seat belts have been proven to reduce the risk of fatal injury to front-seat passenger car occupants by 45 percent and by 60 percent in pickup trucks, SUVs and minivans.

“Click It or Ticket” is administered by the N.C. Governor’s Highway Safety Program. The program began as a national pilot project in 1993 to increase seat belt usage and child passenger safety through stepped-up enforcement of the state’s seat belt and child safety seat laws.

In 2008, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported that North Carolina’s seat belt usage rate was 89.8 percent, its highest rate ever. The state’s usage rate was 65 percent when the program started 16 years ago.

Third Recovery Workshop on Monday in Kinston
The N.C. Office of Economic Recovery and Investment (OERI) will hold the third in a series of workshops across the state providing information and guidance to local municipalities, businesses and interested citizens on how the federal recovery funds will be administered. Gov. Perdue will speak at the May 18 workshop, to be held at 10 a.m. in Lenoir Community College’s Waller Auditorium in Kinston, N.C.

Workshop attendees will have an opportunity to hear from representatives of state and federal agencies administering the recovery funds. These representatives will discuss the current status of funds in their agencies, detail upcoming opportunities and explain the mechanisms for participation in the process.

“North Carolina is set to receive more than $8 billion in federal recovery money, and I intend for our state to not only be prepared to use this money to put our people back to work, but also to spend the money with the utmost accountability and transparency,” said Gov. Perdue. “These workshops will build the bridges between state, local and county governments – and anyone else interested in utilizing recovery funds – to ensure this money is used to benefit all of North Carolina and our people.”

OERI Director Dempsey Benton will lead the two-hour workshop. For more information, visit NC Recovery.

Additional workshops will be held in the Charlotte, Raleigh and Wilmington areas in the next few weeks. Details will be announced soon. The first two workshops were held April 28 in Winston-Salem and May 11 in Clyde.

Rowan County Manufacturer to Add 103 Jobs
Gov. Bev Perdue this week announced that Henkel Corp., an international supplier of adhesives and sealants for industrial, commercial and home use, plans to expand its Salisbury operations. The company plans to invest more than $23.7 million and to create 103 jobs during the next three years. The announcement was made possible in part by a $206,000 grant from the One North Carolina Fund.

“North Carolina continues to support growing companies by offering a skilled workforce, nationally top-rated business climate and unparalleled quality of life,” Gov. Perdue said. “Our state is the perfect place for manufacturers to grow operations and expand their job opportunities.”

The new positions will pay an average annual wage of $54,763, not including benefits. That exceeds the Rowan County average annual wage of $34,788.

For more information about Henkel Corp., including employment opportunities, visit Henkel North America - Home.

North Carolina Visitor Spending Rises to $16.9 Billion in 2008
Gov. Bev Perdue announced this week that domestic visitors to and within North Carolina spent a record $16.9 billion in 2008, an increase of 2.1 percent from 2007 and higher than the previous record of $16.5 billion, set in 2007.

The visitor spending figures are the preliminary results of an annual study conducted by the U.S. Travel Association for the N.C. Department of Commerce’s Division of Tourism, Film, and Sports Development. The study uses sales and tax revenue data and employment figures to determine the overall impact of visitor spending in North Carolina.

“The tourism industry is a critical economic engine for North Carolina – and this continued growth in revenues is a positive sign,” said Gov. Perdue. “From Murphy to Manteo, the Tar Heel state has countless treasures that attract visitors year after year.”

The travel and tourism industry directly employs more than 190,000 North Carolinians and it generated a total of more than $1.3 billion in state and local tax revenues in 2008, up 3.1 percent from 2007.

North Carolina also moved up in a study from TNS TravelsAmerica. North Carolina was the sixth most visited state in 2008, up from the seventh most visited in 2007.

For travel information, visit Explore North Carolina.

Gov. Perdue Recommends 16 Western N.C. Projects to the Appalachian Regional Commission
Gov. Bev Perdue on Monday announced the 16 community and regional Western North Carolina projects she will recommend to receive a total of $4 million from the Appalachian Regional Commission. She made the announcement in Brevard at Transylvania Vocational Services Inc., a company participating in one of the projects.

“These 16 community and regional projects represent Western North Carolina’s creativity and innovation,” said Gov. Perdue. “They will bring needed jobs, education and training programs, housing and infrastructure improvements to this part of our state.”

ARC was created by the Congress in 1965 to improve the lives of the people in Appalachia. Federal funding is allocated to the 13 states that make up the Appalachian region. North Carolina counties eligible to receive funding are Alexander, Alleghany, Ashe, Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Caldwell, Cherokee, Clay, Davie, Forsyth, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, McDowell, Macon, Madison, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Stokes, Surry, Swain, Transylvania, Watauga, Wilkes, Yadkin and Yancey.

For a list of the recommended projects, click here.

Governor's schedule for the coming week
Monday, May 18
- Economic Recovery Workshop, Kinston
- Military Foundation Meeting
- Budget Meeting

Tuesday, May 19
- Senior Staff Meeting
- Meet with Cabinet Secretaries
- Smoking Ban Bill Signing
- National Hurricane Response & Recovery Teleconference

Wednesday, May 20
- Senior Staff Meeting
- Office Time
- Signing Ceremony for Hamner Institutes for Health Sciences
- Budget Meeting

Thursday, May 21
- Senior Staff Meeting
- Office Time
- Greet Hertford Delegation for the 250th Anniversary of Hertford County
- Recovery Meeting

Friday, May 22
- Visit Manteo High School
- Nags Head Pier Dedication

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please forward this email to your friends and family.

Subscribe: If anyone would like to subscribe to this email list click here.

Unsubscribe: If you would like to unsubscribe click here and follow the directions at the bottom of the page.

Office of the Governor - 20301 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699
Phone: (919)733-4240