Yellow | 681/653 Thread

Strom coding freight is one reason why are numbers are up for December. Every LTL company uses it. Not saying it is right, its just one of the way to cover up poor service.

Strom coding freight is one reason why are numbers are up for December. Every LTL company uses it. Not saying it is right, its just one of the way to cover up poor service.

:biglaugh: I forgot about that one, storms in California and it shuts down the east coast. Ya I streched it just a little, guess you just had to be there. :shrug:

Bruce M(?) along with 13 others form all over the Terminal were relieved from duty starting Thursday Evening thru this am

Bruce M(?) along with 13 others form all over the Terminal were relieved from duty starting Thursday Evening thru this am

DF, Bruce was a Switching Cordinator, 26 year man.........Was a pretty good guy from the little bit of time I was able to work with him.........Yellow Heritage........

Andy and Phil both got gone Saturday evening. Eric and Bruce followed Joe. Harlan retired to save a job; with Andy, Phil and Ann gone it is hard to imagine just who he saved.

you forgot to include "outlaw", he's gone too, and all in yard control are also gone except Mike W. After this week nobody is left, all are gone in the city as well, Mickey's the only one left. 18 total, and NOT done yet........g

you forgot to include "outlaw", he's gone too, and all in yard control are also gone except Mike W. After this week nobody is left, all are gone in the city as well, Mickey's the only one left. 18 total, and NOT done yet........g

He was included G, That's Eric

I got called back last week with about 10-12 others . will report next week . was told bringing back another 15 or so this coming week. maybe we have turned the corner . or maybe they just need to catch up so to lay of more . who know ......
[move]somethings going on ???[/move]

Just wondering how the terminal is running with less supervisors? I may be coming back to the slab soon and want to know what to expect! DS.

dock im only back 2 weeks and only differance is its way more layed back .otherwise no biggie.
seems like [dont wanna jinx it] they have stopped all forced o/t at least for the present time . :thumbsup:

I'll straighten them out. Where's this at, in NC. It would be the first time that I spat on a Confederate Flag over at CNC. Well in the shop anyway.

[quote author=carolinajohn link=topic=59151.msg783674#msg783674 date=1262804464]
Hey devilfan.......that's another old RDWY practice that has to be changed if we are to take advantage of the cost savings that are now in place.

Everyone here knows that this practice delays freight and costs us customers and leads to more layoffs!! Playing games with customers freight is BS!! :BS:

After YRC almost went down the drain at the end of the year, you would think someone up top would say......."Hmmmm we must not be doing something right"?!? Well this is a prime example of what not to do.

Albert Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”. DS.
Letting freight sit over the weekend was never a roadway practice until the last few years.
The weekend was always the busiest time of the week.The satellite terminals were always packed with freight on Monday morning to be delivered.It was said that roadway moved more freight on the weekend than all the other freight companies moved during the week.When YRC stopped moving as much freight as they could on the weekends,they made a big mistake and gave up the edge they had in giving the best service possible.They better get back to the old policy of giving good service,instead of letting the bean counters run the company.This debt swap gave them a great opportunity to make it,let`s hope the use it wisely.Tens of thousands of people depend on this company making it.
[/quote]

They used to run this freight out of our BB to the satellites friday and saturday and even though it was going to sit in the (closed) satellite all weekend they had the audacity to stamp it 'time sensitive'/HOT (at roadway, as of 14 months ago when I was laid off).

*peace* and good luck all

Anyone taking the transfers from Charlotte to Atlanta or Harrisburg? I spoke to a couple of guys about it the last COO but don't know if they may have changed their minds. DS.

hey dock , im thinking about it . dont think i could even hold a bid in harrisburg though . would be worth it to make them move me back closer to home :dance: