ABF | ABF Strike Vote!

Why did it have to come to this point? If everything was on the up and up.You would have a better contract and all the supplements wouldve been passed.Soooo somebody knows what the real deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Wow.im really disappointed in the IBT allowing the contractors or shiny wheels to pull any loads for ABF.Who's side is the IBT on anyway?

Wow.im really disappointed in the IBT allowing the contractors or shiny wheels to pull any loads for ABF.Who's side is the IBT on anyway?

I agree with you 100%. In fact this whole contract is a JOKE!!!

What's wrong with the union can be debated and your opinion of me matters very little, but I tell you what if these high rollers threaten a strike and the company comes running to the table to give them their demands I'll have my balls removed and bronzed into a trophy for the local in Chicago.

Sharpen yo knife, try not to cut your fingers getting that little sack knocked off !

I agree with you 100%. In fact this whole contract is a JOKE!!!

another worthless post

bigtruk_us is spot on. This is the worst contract I have ever seen!!!

I can't expect you to know anything about it, since you are still a conway employee, and not a very smart one at that...
I was spot on about you too. Everything you post is Worthless...

bigtruk_us is spot on. This is the worst contract I have ever seen!!!

I can't expect you to know anything about it, since you are still a conway employee, and not a very smart one at that...
I was spot on about you too. Everything you post is Worthless...
I wouldn't expect nothing more from a fossil

Brother Papajohn,........You can't argue with Invincible Ignorance.......During WWII, the "Good German" defense for the civilian German workers at the concentration camps that were put on trial in Nuremburg was that: "They needed to feed their families, it was the best job going, if they didn't do it, someone else would........" At no time did any worker on trial admit to thinking about the morality, or just the basic "rightness", of refusing to stand up for human rights and dignity, because that would've interfered with their paycheck. Sounds to me like we have a number of guys here who could give a damn about right or wrong, or dignity, or standing up for what you believe in, because it ...."isn't profitable". I had a dispatcher, years ago tell me that: "Morals never put food on your Plate!. Go cross that picket line!" As a Veteran, I find that statement morally repugnant. Of course , I didn't cross that line, and my family was eversomuch proud of me......poorer, maybe, but proud.....

Tell you what, I'm not gonna post anymore because its getting to damn stupid. I know where I stand an we'll never agree. Is it entertaining? Sure .. But at the same token were hurting ourselves. But I will make you a promise that I will be back to tell you I told you so after this is finished. I promise their not gonna budge for the central so get your signs ready. Rollin out

Tell you what, I'm not gonna post anymore because its getting to damn stupid. I know where I stand an we'll never agree. Is it entertaining? Sure .. But at the same token were hurting ourselves. But I will make you a promise that I will be back to tell you I told you so after this is finished. I promise their not gonna budge for the central so get your signs ready. Rollin out

Really, do you promise? This is all a joke to you anyway, since your not even a Teamster...

Brother Papajohn,........You can't argue with Invincible Ignorance.......During WWII, the "Good German" defense for the civilian German workers at the concentration camps that were put on trial in Nuremburg was that: "They needed to feed their families, it was the best job going, if they didn't do it, someone else would........" At no time did any worker on trial admit to thinking about the morality, or just the basic "rightness", of refusing to stand up for human rights and dignity, because that would've interfered with their paycheck. Sounds to me like we have a number of guys here who could give a damn about right or wrong, or dignity, or standing up for what you believe in, because it ...."isn't profitable". I had a dispatcher, years ago tell me that: "Morals never put food on your Plate!. Go cross that picket line!" As a Veteran, I find that statement morally repugnant. Of course , I didn't cross that line, and my family was eversomuch proud of me......poorer, maybe, but proud.....
As a veteran I agree

See ya, don't let the door hit you in the a--!

Can the 300 loads supposedly being allowed to be pulled by contractors with the supposed blessing of the IBT be verified? If so or not the whole enchilada that was put forth to the members at ABF is crapola.Under handed dealing has been perpetrated under the guise of preserving what? About 200 plus B A. Jobs throughout the country.And or because ABF is still paying Into the Blessed Pension Fund against very little that YRCW is paying? So the IBT tries to and effectively I might add snow the members at a reasonably viable Company such as ABF while throwing the members under the bus.ABF tried to throw away as much money as they could to get the IBT to accept lesser pay.Three failed lawsuits later by ABF and ABF thinks it needs a break? Really! We all know about our pay concessiobs at YRCW only to see the top echelon of YRCW receive bonuses in the tune of millions.How do us members feel about that? Not a bit happy.Our concessions were to be applied to operational expenses only.Not into some pockets of a suit.of which is no longer employed by YRCW.I agree with one thing President Obama espoused in one of his speeches about the economy and the heads of corporate America. (Which we had already known)non of the less he spoke about corporations stamping down wages to labor all the while these corporate heads were and are getting raises and bonuses.This example happened at YRCW and now defunct Hostess when will ABF and Ms.McReynolds and crew get their raises and bonuses? Probably real soon.

Your going to strike over your friggin supplement and put all our lively hoods at stake. Your a bunch of extremist's that should suffer the consequences of your actions alone. And for what? One weeks vacation! Thanks for gambling my family's future over a weeks pay.
That's why we have supplements.Different issues .

Can the 300 loads supposedly being allowed to be pulled by contractors with the supposed blessing of the IBT be verified? If so or not the whole enchilada that was put forth to the members at ABF is crapola.Under handed dealing has been perpetrated under the guise of preserving what? About 200 plus B A. Jobs throughout the country.And or because ABF is still paying Into the Blessed Pension Fund against very little that YRCW is paying? So the IBT tries to and effectively I might add snow the members at a reasonably viable Company such as ABF while throwing the members under the bus.ABF tried to throw away as much money as they could to get the IBT to accept lesser pay.Three failed lawsuits later by ABF and ABF thinks it needs a break? Really! We all know about our pay concessiobs at YRCW only to see the top echelon of YRCW receive bonuses in the tune of millions.How do us members feel about that? Not a bit happy.Our concessions were to be applied to operational expenses only.Not into some pockets of a suit.of which is no longer employed by YRCW.I agree with one thing President Obama espoused in one of his speeches about the economy and the heads of corporate America. (Which we had already known)non of the less he spoke about corporations stamping down wages to labor all the while these corporate heads were and are getting raises and bonuses.This example happened at YRCW and now defunct Hostess when will ABF and Ms.McReynolds and crew get their raises and bonuses? Probably real soon.

That's a very good point, Brother. It's going to take some very proactive watchdogging to see exactly how much the company is going to violate the contract. I think it's pretty much proven they will,....the only unknown is by how much. And,....the Big Question is : How will the IBT enforce the contract when it's egregiously violated? Will they? Should we be looking at contacting the NLRB for failure to negotiate in good faith, collusion and conspiracy,....and ignoring signed contract provisions. We all know this contract wouldn't have passed if, in the same week the ballots went out, ...the rumor that YRC was going to buy us hadn't surfaced and scared the uneducated among us. The closeness of the vote, and our ongoing Supplemental soap opera are proof of that. When we had our Supplemental vote here in the Joint Council #40 area, the company rushed in management just before the ballot deadline , to spread the rumor that a "No" vote was a strike vote. That simply wasn't true, as my B.A. made a quick call to the IBT....(Who have to be very careful not to violate the International Constitution)....and the IBT confirmed that it was NOT a strike vote. A month later, as there were two Supplements that did vote "No", the truth of the matter became apparent to everyone, that the company,.....once again,....had to resort to half-truths and rumors, to get the uneducated to vote the way they wanted. This is not "negotiating in good faith", if, at every vote,...you have to use trickery and rumors to get the results you want. Isn't ABF upper management based right, smack-dab in the middle of the Bible Belt? If this is the tactics they have to use, instead of honest negotiations,.....how much more are they tithing to their churches to wash their collective souls clean? I mean,...at least I hope someone's benefiting out of all this chicanery.......

If ABF even made an attempt to make any real changes in the supplement I would believe this thing could pass. But ABF has been like that form the beginning.
This is our offer and that's it.
If they gave up on the insult of the ten minute breaks, or the camera thing, and yes they are an insult, they might see some change in the vote.
But its just corporate America 101, make your employees miserable and afraid to lose their job or the numbers might fall a fraction of a percent.
The lack of that attitude when I came here is what made me stay, but it seems we are all doomed to work under that ideal until our economy falls apart.